Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:45 pm
User Image

The teal lion was returning from another long patrol along the border, and was pleased to note that work that had exhausted him just a year before barely winded him now. Then again, he wasn't an adolescent anymore, nor a wanderer. Oh sure, there were lions who never once settled down, but that wasn't the kind of life Nagua had ever wanted. True, he'd imagined himself settling down in the swamp, but the gods had other things in mind for him, apparently.

Not that he objected. Not when there was someone like Ebha around to make him smile. Hell, he was smiling now, just thinking about her.

In fact, now that he thought about it, Nagua could see her distinctive coloration up ahead. Grinning now, the lion picked up his pace and headed over.

"Ebha!"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:15 pm
User Image

Ebha was having a nice, quiet day and so she had wandered away from the dens where the majority of her work was to be found and had gone off to enjoy a day off. Given some time to herself, she had come to some rather startling conclusions.. unexpected and interesting, but ultimately not surprising. The most surprising thing was that nobody else had noticed anything strange, but perhaps nobody was brave enough to ask her. It would never have stopped her, though.

Humming to herself as she walked along, she was interrupted by a familiar voice calling out her name. She stopped, turned and smiled at him.

"Nagua," she called back, "I was wondering when you'd be home again."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:18 pm
"I took the long way back," he explained, coming near enough to nuzzle the lioness. "Mittere's prowling again." For what, he was not nearly brave enough to ask. Just sensible enough to stay out of the older lioness' way. Which had meant a significant detour.

"What have you been up to today?" Because, frankly, Ebha's duties as a Healer were far more interesting than his as a Scout. Sometimes he saw lions beyond the borders. Other times he saw birds flying overhead. Being a Scout was usually boring. A good thing for the pride, but still boring.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:10 pm
She laughed at his response- and the excuse for it- giving him an affectionate head bump. Mittere wasn't one to mess with, that was absolutely certain.. though Ebha wasn't sure she'd go out of her way to avoid the pink lioness. Perhaps it would depend on the day.

"It's been a very pleasant day all around, I think," Ebha offered brightly, "I actually left early and have spent most of my day all by myself."

She beamed. No exciting work stories today.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:13 pm
Nagua made a comically sad face as Ebha revealed that she'd had the day to herself. "But now how will I hear about all the strange little things that happen in the pride?" It was mostly a joke. It was true that the teal lion got most of his day to day information about the Kitwana Antara from Ebha. He'd miss that today, but it wasn't like that was the only reason the two of them hung out.

"I guess things must've been quiet and relaxing for you then, huh?" he offered after a few moments. She did look pretty happy and calm. Not that she wasn't usually, but everyone had their off days.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:23 pm
"Yes, I guess so," she agreed, "Except that I've been waiting for you and you're so scared of Mittere, you had to take the long way back." She gave him a glare, but it didn't last very long.

"We do have something else we need to talk about, though," she went on, beginning to move her feet again to continue on her way, "Let's walk~"

Their relationship could be called complicated but only in that they did not officially claim to be each other's mate, they had never really seen or felt any need to do so. The idea that they would be parents didn't really change any of that for Ebha, there was no need to press the issue now- but that didn't mean it was something that should just be thrown out there. She had no intention of hiding it but she had no intention of just shouting it out now that Nagua was here, either.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:26 pm
"Yeah, well, after she nearly bit my tail off about that ab- hybrid stepson of hers, I don't go out of my way to antagonize her," the lion muttered as he followed Ebha's lead. So what if it had been more than a year ago? Nagua had figured out early on that Mittere wasn't the type to forget anything.

"We do?" he asked as they walked. He couldn't think of anything in particular that they really needed to talk about, but he was perfectly willing to follow Ebha. After all, he could think of a few things they could do...and talking was only one of them.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:12 pm
Realizing that, perhaps, this was exactly the problem with their relationship status being so casual.. Ebha hesitated on answering him, though she never lost her cheerful demeanor. Ultimately, it just wasn't her style to dance around the point so she did end up blurting it right out.

"I do believe that we're going to be parents, you and I," she said, glancing over to see his reaction but still walking along, "That seems like something we ought to discuss."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:40 pm
"Wait...what?" Nagua asked stupidly, turning to stare at Ebha. "Parents? Us...together..." His eyes dropped to the lioness' belly which was, now that he thought about it, somewhat larger than normal. Not something the teal lion would have ordinarily noticed.

But it was clear that this was true. And somewhat immediate. Parents. The two of them. Nagua wasn't against parenting, he'd decided that he did want to do it at some point. He just hadn't expected it to be so soon. Of course...what about Ebha? She seemed like the absolute best person to raise cubs with, but what if she didn't want him around? Now he was nervous all over again and for a totally different reason.

"I guess...you'd let me help raise the cubs, right?" the male asked plaintively. He knew he wasn't the best potential mate around, but he wanted to be involved with his own kids.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:01 pm
Ebha almost didn't stop walking when Nagua stumbled over the announcement, but when he processed it and asked if she would allow him to raise his own cubs, she stopped-- and then she laughed.

"Nagua," she said, hesitating before continuing but always with a small smile on her face, "We're hardly an official couple and we're not really just friends but do you really think I wouldn't let you near them?"

She shook her head.

"I would be perfectly happy if we were a whole family," she added.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:05 pm
"Well, I..." the lion attempted to reply inelegantly as he verbally tripped over Ebha's smile and nearly managed to do the same physically with his own feet. How would he know what soon-to-be mothers would and wouldn't let him do? His own experience of such was...tiny. He'd had a mother. He must have had a father, but no one knew who the lion was. He wasn't from the swamps, and that was all anyone knew.

"I'd be happy if we were a family too," he said at last. "Maybe...a real one?" Oh gods, he was messing this up pretty good, wasn't he?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:13 pm
She had a vague sense of Nagua's family situation before he had arrived, and her own family situation wasn't much different.. though she had expected that it was rogue life that had broken up her family so completely, it didn't seem to be that pride life made every family a close, happy one.. but she saw enough around here, too, to know it could happen.

"I hope you're more serious than you sound," she said brightly, "You're going to have a hard time getting rid of me."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:16 pm
Yellow eyes wide, Nagua gaped at the lioness. He...would have a hard time getting rid of her? That meant...she wanted to be together! To be a family! A mother and a father to their cubs. A real family.

"I...I...would love that," he replied at last.

But, wait. He had to do this right, do it properly, instead of just making a mess of everything. The teal male swallowed before looking up again, focusing on Ebha and everything he hoped for for their future.

"Ebha, will you be my mate?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:31 pm
"Yes, I will."

Nagua was handling everything fairly well considering that this whole conversation was coming completely out of the blue- except when you consider that the cubs were no accident. Perhaps unintended but hardly unexpected, they weren't stupid. Perhaps a little shortsighted but not stupid.

She stepped closer to the bright lion and gave him an affectionate nudge with her shoulder so they would get moving along again.

"Do you suppose this means we should spend our free time today trying to find a larger den? I don't know how many cubs are in here but any more than one and we might not like such small spaces."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:36 pm
He was so thrilled with her acceptance - even if it was a mere formality - that Nagua couldn't speak. He could, however, beam happily, so he did, sharing his joy with anyone and everyone who could see.

"We could do that," he answered after he realized that Ebha had asked another question. The lion nuzzled his mate - his mate! - affectionately. "Anything you want."

It was a promise. One he meant to keep. For now, and forever.  
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games