Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:36 pm
blah blah blah, something about campaign.
Hummina hummina, Cam Monkshoof is the player. Playing an Android named Xaines.

Xaines in, indeed, too sexy for his shirt.
Too sexy for his shirt.
So sexy, it hurts.

Cam Brownie Total:
- 0 unspent
- 2 Action Points
- 1 Toffee  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:00 pm
Mumble mumble, something or other.

Xaines is fortunately not alone. He/It has companions in the form of:
- Chad-for-Short, wandering tengu cleric. Coming to the village of Torch because he thought having a bauble from the purple flame would be quite the centerpiece to add to his Fetish Necklace, Chad-for-Short was disappointed when the mysterious flame suddenly died out one day. While staying in town and plotting his next move, he met Xaines and Val. Befriending the two, Chad-for-Short agreed to stay around in case anything should come up that he could help out with.
- Murtaugh, Drug-addicted Hobgoblin berzerker. Having spent several months in Torch, Xaines has encountered many of the town's more... colorful residents on his trips here. One of the most persistent being Murtaugh, an extremely volatile and rather violent outlier, lurking on the fringes of town. Xaines had initially taken to simply traveling away from places Murtaugh frequented, as the villagers were often concerned about the Hobgoblin's temper, but after several run-ins with him, the Android was surprised to find out that the Barbarian was a highly intelligent, passionate fighter. The two quickly bonded over drinks, and Murtaugh has accepted Xaines as a odd "Bro" of sorts.  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:57 pm
The sun rises over the desolate town of Torch. Xaines' eyes open rather suddenly, and he sits up. The sound of breaking glass from downstairs is enough to rouse him rather quickly. Quickly slipping into his hide armor, he carefully pads to the stairway, longbow in hand, with arrows notched. Peeking around the corner...

He sees that his reaction was for nothing. Leaning back on a chair, it appears that Xaines' Hobgoblin friend Murtaugh had knocked over an empty bottle of wine.
"Are you already drunk?" Chad-for-Short sighs, sweeping up the broken glass.
"No, but I have never been one to put off things for later." Murtaugh retorts.

Mulling over whether or not to still shoot him, Xaines decides not to and puts away his bow. Heading downstairs, the Hobgoblin and Tengu see their Android companion. "Sup? You hear the news? Last bunch of ******** are being written off as being deep-sixed. Y'know... funerals and all that. "
"Town council just hammered up a notice calling for more volunteers today, but didn't look like too many more people were willing."
"Pussies."
"Oooooor they don't want to die. Anyways, I was thinking... it's been nearly what? Three weeks? Do you really think your friend is still down there, Xaines?"
"They upped the reward for finding him, dead or alive, so I'm thinkin' we slip-"

A high pitched scream from outside the tavern to the North interrupts Murtaugh. The surprise of which unbalances him, but he tucks and rolls to fall on his feet while the chair falls over.
"Okay, OKAY. Before anyone says anything, we have established I'm not creepin' on nobody! I AIN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ONE. Y'all sum witnesses if the town comes round."

Shushing him, Chad-for-Short looks at the back door and says "That sounded like Val?"  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:22 pm
"Yes that does sound like Val..." Notching his arrow, he runs out back to where the scream came from.  

Campanula_Monkshoof

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:17 pm
Chad-for-Short and Murtaugh look at each other, shrug, then draw their weapons and follow after the Ranger.

Behind the Tavern, there's a stone, 1 floor house Khonnir's home. Testing the door, you find it unlocked. Spreading out, everyone picks a door to look in.
Opening up his door, Xaines finds it orderly and neat. Nothing out of place here.
Opening the next door, Chad-for-Short reports "Messy, but no Val."
Moving Into the hallway, Murtaugh open his door. Looking in, he closes it promptly. There's a loud crash coming from within the storeroom, and he says "Would you believe me if I said it was a mouse?"

Pausing, Xaines asks "Was it a mouse?"

A dull groaning sound is heard, and Murtaugh says "It is if we call it a mouse."

Another loud crash, and Xaines says "I'd like to see this mouse."

Murtaugh shrugs, and stands aside. Chad-for-Short opens the door, and all three guys look in. The storeroom looks like it's being torn apart, as the supposedly dead machine Khonnir brought back with him tears a brick out of the wall. Balancing on three spider-like legs, the machine has a humanoid torso. Two arms ending in 4 fingered "hands"
The head however doesn't have a face. Instead, there's just a single yellow light in the center where it's face would be. Letting a pained, metallic screech from its joints as it moves, it lifts the brick up to the yellow light, before letting out some beeps and tossing away the brick.
Sparks shoot off as the machine's odd, metallic shell has been removed in some sections. Bits of metal and circuts lie exposed, and there are burn marks on some parts of it.

Blinking a few times, the trio continue to watch as it continues to punch in and rips out another brick out of the wall.

Val is still nowhere in sight btw.  
Campanula_Monkshoof rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:48 pm
"Oh Khonnir... what have you found this time. It's a beaut."
((Knowledge: Engineering+13))
"Well good news, bad news; it's some kind of repair droid but it's to badly damaged. That or it's not willing to go full power, it must have some kind of structure weakness, I'll ask." Xaine calls out to the repair droid and he asks what it is trying to accomplish in Androffan but gets no answer. "No answer, consider hostile. Murtaugh, looks like we get to fight some."  

Campanula_Monkshoof

Campanula_Monkshoof rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Campanula_Monkshoof

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Xaine pulls the spear from its strap off his pack and readies himself.
((Initiative+4))  
Campanula_Monkshoof rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:09 pm
Xaine rushes forward towards the drone and thrusts his spear at the machine.
((Attack Roll:+3))  

Campanula_Monkshoof

Campanula_Monkshoof rolled 1 8-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-8)

Campanula_Monkshoof

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:11 pm
His spear lands in one of the unarmored spots but barely.
((Damage: +3))
"Chad! Try and find Val, she should be around here somewhere."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:47 pm
Xaine impales the robot on his spear. The drone appears unfazed, and raises up a fist.

As it attempts to mash the android, there's a loud "HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" Xaine ducks, and Murtaugh manages to move before the robot. Swinging his Greatsword, he narrowly misses hitting Xaine. Instead, the broken sword smashes into the drones arm. Spraying the area in a thin film of black oil over the Ranger and some of the room, the Robot's hit hard enough to slam into the wall. The Greatsword pinning it in place, the drone's arm falls off and it slumps down, the light in its "face" quickly fading.

Trying to pull the sword out and finding it stuck in stone and metal, Murtaugh shrugs and says "I may need a new sword. I think it really brightens up the room though."

The room goes silent as everyone puts away their weapons. But after a few seconds of huffing, Xaine hears a little wimpering coming out from behind a couple large sacks of grain. Murtaugh pulls out his metal bat (greatclub), but puts it away after Chad-for-Short and Xaine just stare at him. Moving the sacks out of the way, Xaine finds a floured -but unharmed- Val Baine. Looking up and seeing the android, she lets out a bit of a squeek and hugs the android.
"Thank you, Xaine! That... that thing! It just suddenly lurched up and came at me! I didn't know what to do... I don't want to think about what it was going to do if it found me."
"Dying seems reasonable." Murtaugh's silenced somewhat by Chad-for-Short pulling him out of the room.  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Campanula_Monkshoof

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:55 pm
Xaine patted Val on the shoulder while looking at Murtaugh, Opinions Murtaugh, I don't think she would enjoy being dead. Come on Val, after this little incident I think it is in your best decision to take us to the council so we can find Khonnir."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:29 pm
Xaines takes Val and Chad-for-Short outside, while Murtaugh takes another crack at removing his sword from the metal monster. "I'll catch up. Y'all just gwan ahead."

It doesn't take him long, as soon after the party heads out the door and closes the open door to the Tavern, there's a cacophonous crash, and the group just hears "Oh! Got it, Guys! ...Guys?"

The council is composed of 5 people and is based at the Town Hall.

• Khonnir is obviously not present.
  • One councilmember is out with one of the splitting headaches that have been going around town since the torch went out.
  • Two are currently busy trying to manage the growing amount of garbage in the town as well as manage the town's freak out levels.
  • So that leaves Dolga Freddert, an old dwarf woman that's been with the town since its founding over 100 years ago. She's available to answer questions about the job relating to the Metal Dungeon

OOC
As for the job itself, there are two seperate ones.
- 4,000 gp for returning Khonnir, dead or alive. Alive gets the group the towns Scroll of Resurrection they'd otherwise use on him.
- 4,000 gp reward for any individual or group that is able to get the torch reignited Monkshoof"  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Campanula_Monkshoof

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:28 am
Xaine bowed slightly as Madam Dolga finished briefing them, "Thank you madam Dolga, I'll be sure that we find Khonnir. We'll get packed up and be out by morning... noonish... whenever one of our companions wakes up. And would you happen to know of anything else that might help?""  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 pm
Dolga thinks for a bit, then says "If you still need supplies or gear, I can issue a writ to each of you. The local shop owners have all pitched in and agreed to give special designates a discount for 20%. It's good at just about any shop."

"Only twenty? That's kinda lame. Can't you get somethin' better? Like some free crap? I wouldn't mind some extra swords..."

"Twenty. Percent." Dolga says, half growling at Murtaugh. "Also, I'll write a note for you. One of the local priests has been offering to caster Water Breathing on anyone going into the Metal Caves. The entrance is underwater, so you'll need it."  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
Roleplay (dice)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash