Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[North Event] Recruitment (closed for new entries- working!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:06 pm
User Image

The North's ranks are a little thin, and as the military might of Tianxia, this cannot be! As such, this is a little event to help recruit some new Soldiers, Scouts, and some Hunters to make sure everyone is fed!

This is, for the most part, a custom character creation giveaway. You can ask for a direct custom (please don't ask me to do anything too crazy though!), or a semi custom, or even a random.

If you have a preexisting SoA that you think would fit well, please let me know! I'd be happy to let them in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:32 am
User Image

I was tempted to make a banner of our current soldiers...but we only have one! ICly there are some NPC type filler lions filling in, but I would love to see more active soldier characters! Applying for a soldier means that you skip the guard rank and are immediately a soldier. Your character is free to stay as a soldier or attempt to rank up. Though I would prefer you always keep them in the military arm of the North, if plots drive you to another rank or another house, that can easily be worked with.

The only hitch is that your SoA must remain within Tianxia. If you have plot ideas that may see them out of the pride for say, diplomatic reasons, I'm always flexible with that. smile

Quote:
Soldiers middle class
The main physical strength in the pride. Unlike guards, these SoA have definitely undergone training, learning how to fight, and survival skills in times of war. Typically fit individuals with a somewhat more aggressive mindset, but ideally not rebellious. Most of their time is spent training, fighting or eating. An army walks on its stomach, after all. Though they are expected to hunt for themselves, occasionally food is provided by hunters.

Soldiers are sometimes stationed at the East, West and South houses, under the command of a Lt. Colonel. If you wish to RP your soldier in that situation, feel free! Just remember to mention the Lt. Colonel your Soldier is currently subordinate to. So please familiarize yourself with which Lt. Colonel is stationed in the other houses. About the rotation itself, ICly it can last up to a month, afterwards, the Soldier is to return to the North. Typically, up to four soldiers at a time may be under the command of a Lt. Colonel stationed in another house.

Quantity: Unlimited
Requirements: North House. Previously a guard. 3 RPs, or 2 combat points, or 1 combat point and 1 RP.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:41 am
User Image

Much like how the soldier recruitment is, I am also looking for a few SoA to fill in some spots for scouts. They can remain as scouts or you can rank them up, or if plots evolve, move them to another house. They must remain within Tianxia.

Quote:
Scout middle class
A scouts job is more specific than that of a guard, and these are individuals who have certainly undergone some training. They are usually quick on their feet, and have plenty of stamina so that they can cover a great distance. Scouts do precisely what one would expect with such a title, they travel on further ahead than most, with the objective of gaining knowledge on their surroundings, and, in times of war, enemies, so that they may report back to whomever is coming.

Requirements: North House. Previously a guard or a messenger. 3 RPs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:42 am
User Image

Currently the North has a whole 5 hunters. With so many mouths to feed, they desperately need more hunters!! Your SoA wouldn't always have to be a hunter if plots drive them into different ranks or houses, but the North is probably going a bit hungry!

Quote:
Hunter middle class
Most SoA in Tianxia are hunters. Though it is hardly a very glamorous job, it is nonetheless essential! Rather than hunt only to provide for themselves, hunters are expected to catch food for all kinds of different members of the society and as such spend a long time out hunting out. Hunters will provide food for the elderly, the young, and generally those who are too busy to hunt. It is also not unusual for high class members to have a hunter or two providing for their family. Many hunters have 'prey dump sites' set up, so that whomever needs a meal can get to it.

Requirements: None

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:09 pm
Availability

Soldiers: Unlimited. Any species.
Scouts: 0/5. Any species.
Hunters: 0/10. Any species.

You can get a maximum of two SoA in this event. Either two of the three available ranks, or two soldiers. Not two scouts or two hunters. If you have questions, just ask! This doesn't include pre-existing characters.

Form:
[size=15][color=blue][b]Recruit Me![/b][/color][/size]
[size=10]
[b]Name of SoA:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Background/history:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] (including refs)
[/size]

If you have a pre-existing SoA that you think would fit, please use this form:

[size=15][color=indigo][b]I have an existing character I'd like to enroll![/b][/color][/size][size=9]
[b]Name of SoA:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Background/history:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[/size]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:24 pm
Notes

• Your SoA can be a pre-existing North member. Perhaps they've just been 'hiding in the shadows' this entire time and are ready to show their stuff? (Think of how some prides allow NPC style background characters)
  • We have an active Captain, Thrain/Tie Shi (owned by Quaji). If your SoA is interested in serving under him, please talk to her about this. <3
  • You are not necessarily guaranteed both forms that you put in. I will do my best to make sure everyone who enters gets at least one SoA, the second possible slot is to give you more wiggle room for future plot ideas.
  • If you want to team up with someone and get relatives, that's ok!
  • Please make sure you understand the rules and culture of Tianxia. Its a very prideful pride, and anyone who deserts it will be labelled a traitor.

This will be open for the month of October!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:28 pm
Recruit Me!

Name of SoA: Tapia (eager) / Péng​ Tuán (to strive for greatness)
Species: Lion
Background/history: Born the only daughter of six, everybody thought Tapia would be the shy little wallflower of the family but that was not the case. Anything her brothers did she had to do, anything they could do, she wanted to do better, she wanted to prove she was the best, the strongest, in her family. This competitive nature and drive continued through her childhood and remains a force behind her today, driving her to pursue the career with which she can show just how strong she is, a soldier.
Personality: Tapia is bold and determined, though her drive to prove herself can lead her to become focused on just one thing and ignore others. She is a little too headstrong at times and although she means well, she can get carried away.
Description: Semi custom! Darker colours, naturalish? Markings up to you but nothing too crazy? I don't really know. XD;;

Recruited!
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:54 pm
Recruit Me!

Name of SoA: Kweli (true, genuine) / Yong Zhi (strong will/purpose)
Species: Lion - any lines but the seated lines, please
Background/history: He's just grown into an adult and has completed his training to be a soldier. He's a bit unsure about his place in the pride and his house, but will come into his own soon enough. He's been in the Tianxia his whole life, the only son to his parents, and wants to do them proud.
Personality: Yong Zhi is steadfast and stoic despite his youth. His whole life he's been told he's an old soul and he's always felt a little out of place with the other cubs. Now that he's an adult he is finally starting to feel like he's fitting in, although he's still rather unsure of his place among the other adults. Very polite and respectful, Yong Zhi is ready to make a name for himself and to make his parents proud by protecting his beloved pride.
Description: Chinese dragon marking somewhere on him, doesn't have to look like this. It can be stylized or detailed as you see fit! I'd love for him to look a bit like a Chinese dragon as well, but I have no idea how to go about doing that XD So I'll leave it up to you! He's completely CC in color and other markings aside from the dragon marking. Have fun!

Recruited!
User Image  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:34 pm
Recruit Me!

Name of SoA: Mti'wafu - Common (Si Shu - Proper)
Background/history: Si Shu comes from a long line of soldiers with each being as crotchety as the last. Because of his father's stern attitude towards his dead set future, Si Shu became a soldier as well. Somewhere in his youth he was involved with a scandalousy sweet cheetah. The entire affair was ill advised. She was of a different species, and ill on top of it. Fighting free of the "oppression" of his family, the rebellious lion settled with his mate, and was overjoyed when she brought forth a litter of cheetons.

Sadly, the happiness was not to last. Almost all of the cubs were still born, and what few managed to survive were so sick they never made it past their first weeks of life. Grief stricken over her loss, and the shame she thought it brought upon her mourning mate, the cheetah gave into the illness she had been fighting for so long. Despite his best efforts to keep her with him, she laid prone until eventually succumbing to it. After that Si Shu poured himself into his work.
Personality: While not anti-social, Si Shu is gruff and often morose. He only forms bonds with his fellow soldiers out of conviction to his post, and rarely spends recreational hours with them. He can't articulate his thoughts well; this lion is very much a "doer" and a "shower" instead of a teacher. Si also has little patience for ignorance, preferring to break in fresh meat the hard way than to hold their paw through training exercises. Some days he can be seen smiling, and often those are when he can hear singing on the wind, as it brings fond memories of his mate back to his mind.
Description: Mostly CC with #9AFEFF for the left eye and #7D1B7E for the right eye.

Recruited!
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:51 pm
Recruit Me!

Name of SoA: Yè / Xiǎo Sōngshù
Background/history: Sōngshù has only recently made it to the rank of soldier, the first of his family who traditionally prefer the role of scout above all else. This has caused some tension with his younger brother, who has long whispered his wishes to become a soldier but remained strictly on the path of scout so that he would not displease their parents.
Personality: While Sōngshù wants to make his parents proud, he also very much wishes to do this by his own agenda. He constantly questions his own decisions and strides forward, which more often than not cause him to be snappy and a little moody towards others especially when he thinks that they're questioning him. He is blunt and very literal, often others claim him to be too serious or very dry.
Description: palette! (feel free to add or subtract colors!)

Recruited!
User Image

Recruit Me!

Name of SoA: Ruǎn / Xiǎo Fēnglín
Background/history: Fēnglín's family is very strict on their inner family traditions, and expect their sons to follow the paths laid out for them. Fēnglín thought that perhaps when his older brother did what was asked for him that he would have a chance to escape the constrict of his parents' wishes. When his brother took interest as a soldier seemingly out of no where, Fēnglín had to put his wishes on hold. Wanting to pacify his parents he did what was expected of him; he became a scout.
Personality: Fēnglín is a little bitter but hides it well, trying to focus on becoming the best scout he can. Though he may complain often there is little he wouldn't do to please those around him and to better the lives' of his pride. He knows how to even out his complaining with jokes and pleasant compliments to those around him, eager to be liked by all.
Description: palette! (feel free to add or subtract colors!)

(I have some pre-existing characters to throw at you in the morning after sleep heart not sure if I should edit in or post again?)  

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:57 pm
I have an existing character I'd like to enroll!
Name of SoA: Tamaa-kaa'juu | Tianxia name would be Guāng​zōng​yào​zǔ
Background/history: Originally a member of the Mzawa'kondo, Juu was trained extensively in battle and all things surrounding it, with a code of honor drilled into him from cubhood. When the pride found itself dwindling to an end once more, and his mate and one of his daughters seemed to vanish, Juu found himself wandering with his sons and his remaining daughter, looking for something to bring back what they lost.

And now, they have found whispers of somewhere that might give them what they lost...and more.
Personality: He's a very...honor-based warrior. He's a good lion, but often views those with 'unnatural' colors on their pelts to be...strange and unusual. He lives by the saying "No son above his brothers", and will stand strong and loyal for the pride he gives his life to.

I have an existing character I'd like to enroll!
Name of SoA: Nchi'binti | Tianxia name would be Yī​shǒu
Background/history: Born in the Mzawa'kondo, Nchi learned to hunt, and learned to hunt WELL. When the pride dispersed and her mother and a sister vanished, she took to the rogue lands with her father and brothers. She's not as caught up with the past as her father, but having a pride would be very, very nice again. Especially if the other hunters are females. She's still convinced boys just can't do it right.
Personality: Nchi is an amiable lioness, preferring a group to being alone, and loving to trade gossip, jokes, and hunting tips. She prefers female company for socializing, especially after being around her male relatives for days on end with not another female in sight, and she's convinced males just don't hunt as well as females, but...well, she's not necessarily set in her ways. (Non-'natural' colors will earn funny looks from her for a while, though.)

Recruit Me!

Name of SoA: Mabawa | Shén​huà
Species: Leopard
Background/history: The brother of Tabasamu/Wēn​róu, Shén was born of violence and bad luck. When his mother escaped with he and his siblings, Shén did not miss his birthplace. He did not miss his father. Everything he cared about was with him. As time went on, and his mother found a companion and love, Shén found more and more that his paws led him away from his family, moving ahead of them to ensure their way was clear and safe. He wanted no violence done to his family again. Now, long after all of them had drifted apart, he has heard of a place that might have use of his skills...a place where one of his sisters also has settled.
Personality: Quiet, not entirely sociable, but kind and gentle when one gets through his shell. Very loyal, and will visit the South often to see his sister and her mate. Beyond that...would need developed through RP.
Description: I would love for him to look more like his mother, but still have bits that show he's related to Wēn​!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:05 am
Recruit Me!

Name of SoA: Bai / Person of Purity | (Tianxia name coming soon)
Background/history: Born to a middle class family, Bai was raised in the North House and was therefore raised to know how to fight. She wasn't interested in that as she grew up, waiting desperately for her prince charming. As she hit her adolescence, her world was shattered with the divorce of her seemingly happy parents. She had always been determined that she would find her prince charming and live happily ever after; find what her parents had. With their relationships in shambles, and the shame setting in, Bai watched her mother retreat inside herself.
Hitting adulthood, Bai realised she couldn't wait around forever. She threw herself into the pride of the North House - into the military.
Personality: Bai is a dreamer at heart - despite her resistance, she still believes in happy endings and, man, she still wants that fairy-tale ending. However, she's stronger in herself now. She doesn't want a man if that's all that would define her. She has her moments of panic which cripple her, but she is trying to find herself. She has her eyes on the higher ranks, and knows she's going to have to fight hard to get there.
Description: CC – I’d love her to look delicate and feminine; someone you would underestimate in the military.

Recruited!
User Image  

Velveteen Angel

Freodwyn

Distinct Elocutionist

14,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:09 am
Recruit Me!

Name of SoA: Ua /Yin Hua
Background/history: Ua was born the smallest of her litter, her father's dainty little flower. Clearly, her family didn't expect her to grow stronger and tougher. Perhaps her parents wanted to encourage her to make an alliance between families once upon a time, but Ua grew up. She may still be a smaller lioness, but she pestered the older cubs of her house to teach her how to defend herself, and she has worked her entire life to improve her strength.
Personality: Serious, with a strict dedication to her post as a soldier. Some might believe this seriousness is a mask for inner insecurity, but they would be foolish to suggest it to her outright. She's not a mean lioness by any means, but she can be accused of being gruff.
Description: Have fun with this color palette

Recruited!
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:15 am
Recruit Me!

Name of SoA:
Rikuri (Opal) // Jíguāng (Aurora)
Species:
Lion - New, not newest please
Background/history:
Born by the name Rikuri, Jiguang was a cub in a litter of only two, the smallest of the cubs. Her own mother had barely expected her to make it past her juvenile years. However, as Rikuri grew, she found her way into the Tianxia, taken in by a willing family. She was renamed and taught to be a messenger. She is swift on her feet, with an eidetic memory, after all! It was this that lead to, about a few months into her adulthood, Jiguang took a position as a Scout, having worked hard to earn her way up to that rank.
Personality:
Sharp and quick witted, Ji is the type that you would look to for anything you can't remember.Her tongue is sharp, and her mind is sharper. However, she's a romantic, with a good heart, and a motherly side. She's willing to help almost anyone out...so long as they don't get on her bad side. Her eidetic memory allows her to take in rapid information and pass it on in an eerily accurate manner, one that Ji is very proud of.
Scout
Description:
Tan/gold-ish, with rainbow iridescence all over her, and a bit of an aurora-like effect on her mane and tail. Marking placements are CC.
Kinda like this for the tan and iridescence.
[Note that the above image is of a bobbit worm. I apologize for using a creepy creature for reference, but it's pretty at least XD;]
Aurora
Ref Lioness, minus the rainbow iridescense cuz I fail at doodling that XD

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:45 am
Recruit Me!

Name of SoA: Malachi (“my angel”) / Tā pǎo (“he runs”)
Background/history: Malachi was born as a slave into a pride that no one knows of anymore. He will not talk about it. As one of the few survivors of that pride and having been a slave, it is a dark spot in his history. It severely affected how he saw himself and interacted with others. For quite some time he just wandered the rogue lands by himself, avoiding any contact with others. It was by coincidence that he came across the Tianxia. Lucky for him, someone was kind enough to take him in. At first, he was extremely jumpy. As a slave, there were punishments. Being around someone who did attack him for no reason was hard for him to adjust to. The kindness imparted to him eventually sunk in and he chose to make the Tianxia his permanent home. His physique and willingness to work was what pushed him into his role as a soldier. Orders are orders and he does not question them.
Personality: Malachi is a very kind lion. He tries to treat everyone the same, fairly. Even when dealing with someone difficult, he will still be nice. He feels like he has a lot to improve on as a lion and does not like praise as he has a low view of himself. His preference is to be unnoticed. Malachi will do what is required of him and beyond but will become uncomfortable if rewarded for his work. As such, he will often slip away before someone has the chance to thank him for anything. He is a hard worker with a kind heart and not as much confidence as he should have.
Description: I'd like him to be like a breast cancer awareness lion using this palette. Here's some ideas for designs: one and ribbon

Recruited!
User Image

(edit: adding her in)
Recruit Me!

Name of SoA: Gonda / Qiáng jiǎn (“strong base”)
Species: Wild Dog
Background/history: Gonda is very religious in the sense that she does believe in the gods and will often make little offerings to them whether they notice it or not. As a pup, she had seen a god. She didn't know which one but she knew that the powerful looking lion with wings was not an ordinary one. From then on, she tried to see if she could figure out a way to come into contact with one again. It was an obsession of her. In her search, she met a scout from Tianxia. Though it was no god, it was a life changing experience. The encounter left her pregnant and in search of her male. So she headed in the general direction the scout had described to her. On the way there, she lost the litter. It was the most devastating thing to happen to her. Depressed and hurt, she pushed on, determined to find him again. When she got there, she learned that he had passed. He got attacked and managed to survive long enough to make it home but the wounds were severely infected. Learning of this, she pledged to take his place. They had a connection and while she may be new, she is willing to work hard to prove her worth.
Personality: Gonda is fun-loving wild dog. She likes to have a good time and can often seem childish. Cubs and pups love her because she will play games with them and make believe. Even though she knows how to have a good time, she also knows that not everything is sunshine and rainbows. She has a realistic view on the world. Bad things happen and the best one can do is be prepared for the worst. She likes to keep in shape for those bad things.
Description: Reference! The colors are all on the ref. She has a dot on her forehead. On her sides, she has a wavy thing that is supposed to be more blended in but my photoshop skills aren't that great. So like that but with the colors being more blended and nicer lines. Then simple looking leaves blowing across her body.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff