Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:56 pm
User Image

Obi had never intended to become a Shifter but he had long settled into his role and rather enjoyed it now. He was in the midst of helping an indecisive, picky keeper get a shrine moved and properly set up.. and while he was moving a rather large favorite stone for the shrine, he was the only one working on it right now. He still wasn't quite sure how it had happened but suspected it was something to do with her being pretty and manipulative..

About half-way through his trip, he gave up to take a short break. With a sigh, he took a seat and almost leaned on the rock-- but he caught himself with a gasp. He got into too much trouble leaning on these things, even though he knew it wasn't going to go anywhere.. he didn't really know that, did he?

He sighed again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tama was a bit winded, doing his best to avoid the clingy Kumi. He had no idea what she saw in him, but it was hard to tell her that no, he wasn't interested. He wasn't going to change his mind, either. She was kind of nice to hang around with now and then, but it was reaching a startlingly annoying high.

He looked around at where he ended up, part of the pride that was under construction. Good. Perhaps Kumi wasn't as familiar with this part, and he would be granted a bit of peace. "Whew," he breathed, his pace slowing as he decided on an excuse to spend some time up here alone. It wasn't as carved out as a set of shrines yet, and so he had to make sure that the perimeter was secure and easily marked. Yes. That would work wonderfully.

As he turned a soft corner, he realized that someone was there....that someone being his brother. "Obi!!"

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:11 pm
Obi heard some noise around him, and while he wasn't expecting it to be busy in this area he wasn't particularly bothered with it-- until suddenly he heard his name, and he jumped.

Then he realized it was Tama, and he relaxed.

"Tama!" he called out, chuckling, "What are you doing all the way out here?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:15 pm
"I'm avoiding a very bright pink female," he grumbled while shaking his head. "I don't understand why she's so attached to me." He knew he was whining, but she was just not the type of lady he'd be attracted to. She was just to...energetic.

"So I just ran off when I heard she was looking for me...and ended up here. With you!" Tama laughed, but it was a bit half-hearted. "I see you're busy with work."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:21 pm
As soon as his brother explained why he was out here, Obi was grinning. He didn't know his brother had a giiiirlfriend-- though it didn't sound like he was very fond of her. His first thought on that was that it must be a cub that had a hyperactive crush on him, but that would be an odd thing to run from.

He didn't get any words out of his mouth before Tama commented on his work, and he tilted his head.

"What?" he blinked, then looked to his side where the rock was still sitting, "Oh, right. That. Yeah! I'm helping move a shrine, still not quite sure how I got here by myself though."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:32 pm
Tama laughed. "Not sure? Didn't Mother ask you to help?" Salma was still a fairly active leader, though he wondered if one of these days she would finally take a break. Who knew.

All he knew for now was that he was safe from Kumi's kitten eyes, and talking to his brother. He wasn't really dodging his own responsibilities...just at the edge of a possible patrol, was all.

"Hopefully Mom's not running you ragged."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:38 pm
"Well, yeah.."

It was true that their mother was very involved in the goings-on around here, she ought to be since she was the leader after all.. but that wasn't really the whole story, either.

"This shrine's keeper wanted this one moved, and it was hard to argue with her so I just did it," he said with a shrug, "I mean, mom's why I'm involved in this project but she's not why I'm out here right now."

He glanced back at his rock.

"I'm about half way there, though."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:43 pm
Hmmm....Tama watched his brother carefully, trying to see if there were any hidden meanings in what he was saying. It was hard to tell, but Tama kind of wanted to tease Obi about something...so why not give it a shot?

"Couldn't ignore the wishes of a pretty shrine keeper, is it?" He plastered a rather stupid grin across his face, pleased that it was a keeper that was keeping his brother oh so busy. Also...if any of this teasing was any bit true, it meant that perhaps the female he thought was cute wasn't the one that Obi had an eye on.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:13 pm
Obi rolled his eyes, but he didn't deny it. He wasn't especially interested in Hama, but he wasn't disinterested either. He was neutral at worst. Or best. Whichever way you wanted to look at it.

"You say that like it's a bad thing, you should embrace it. Is the girl you're hiding from really that bad?" he asked with a grin, happy to be back on the topic he almost missed out on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:17 pm
Tama scowled. "She's a handful. Always yammering about something, or singing, or talking, or bouncing, or flirting...its too much, Obi. Too much." He shook his head, his mane swaying with the movement. If only he knew that half of her infatuation was with his mane! He felt old describing Kumi that way, but that's how it really felt to him!

"I don't mind talking to her if we cross paths, or whatever, but she seeks me out. And yammers about nothing. Its too much!" Tama felt old as he dramatically flopped to the ground, intent on taking a longer break than he should in his duties.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:26 pm
He blinked slowly and then chuckled. Based on that description, his fangirl didn't exactly sound bad- maybe a bit too cheerful for him, his scowl certainly didn't sound like it fit in any sing-song yammering conversation. It was clear from Obi's expression that he was in no way taking Tama's plight seriously.

"I wonder what she sees in you, you're so sullen and boring," he commented, looking his brother over from tail to nose, "Your fur isn't even bright and interesting. Something must definitely be wrong with her."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:37 pm
"Sullen? Boring?!" Tama laughed. "Maybe I did get boring once we got into an insane amount of trouble. Its still a miracle that Mom didn't skin us alive." He got off a bit easier, but...yeah. Salma had been a terrifying force for him for quite some time.

"Hey! I have Mom's fur, don't forget that!" Tama growled, knowing that Obi was just trying to tease him. "I don't know, but knowing how her mother and grandmother are...I think I'm stuck with her for a while." Those cheetahs were probably the biggest flirts in the entire pride!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:42 pm
Obi just shook his head at the excuse Tama gave. He didn't give up being awesome just because he totally wrecked a shrine by accident that one time and was caught red-handed and only really saved by someone realizing he must be pretty strong to accidentally budge that oddly appropriate shrine.

Totally not a miracle to get out of that one.

"Blah blah blah blah-- wait, what?" he blinked, oddly surprised by the information that his stalker was a third generation member of the pride and apparently the whole family was known for.. being aggressive romantics? He wasn't sure, and no family really came to mind.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:45 pm
"...." Was his brother stupid? "Really? Now you care?" Tama sighed, irritated that the fact she had family here somehow made her more interesting.

"Kumi. With her mother Hikaru and her grandmother Ayumi. Really, dude...I hear about them often enough, and I know they aren't that quiet around here." Obviously his brother was much more absorbed in 'work' than being social in the pride.

"I think this keeper of yours is distracting you, dear brother."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:55 pm
As soon as Tama started listing names, Obi was paying much more attention- he almost looked like he was about to burst out laughing. He didn't even realize who Tama was talking about, but now he knew exactly who his stalker was. He knew Kumi. Not personally, but he knew of her. It was complicated.

"No! I know who she is!" he said, realizing how loud he was talking suddenly and lowering his voice, "Her father is Taro, he trained me to be a Shifter. He did exactly this, too!"

And then he did laugh. Taro wasn't exactly an involved father. More than once he'd changed courses in an effort to avoid his illegitimate but very clingy daughters.

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff