Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heroes Of Justice VS. Villains Of Doom

Back to Guilds

A DC Comics Roleplaying Guild 

Tags: DC Comics, Comics, Superman, Batman, Superheroes 

Reply The Historical Archives (Regular Threads)
Time Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Traci Thirteen

Risk-Taker

6,625 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:18 pm
Several months had passed by since the last time she had been on a mission. Let alone really around anyone. Purposely separating herself from the rest of the team. She had been doing some soul searching. Trying to see where she belonged. Or if she belonged anywhere to be exact. Sitting at some local pub, along the north side of Metropolis. She had seen the talk, as well as listened in on the speeches of the government preparing for a round up heroes and masked vigilantes. Forcing those who had not identified themselves to come forward and registered themselves. Making them nothing more than marked cattle, wearing tags for all to see. Frowning, Traci came to realize the government was repeating history. Thinking about what she, along with many others have read in history books during World War II. The Jewish had to identify themselves when they had to wear stars along the outside of their clothing. That's what was going to happen all over again, if the people allowed the US Government to have their ways. Instead of the Germans turning against their people, it would be the Americans. Talk about a twist of fate. At least she had a way to escape this soon to be hell that would once again wash all over the face planet. Whereas others weren't so lucky. With an alcoholic beverage in hand, the lone magi sat alone pondering on which path she should take.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:07 pm
Traci Thirteen
Several months had passed by since the last time she had been on a mission. Let alone really around anyone. Purposely separating herself from the rest of the team. She had been doing some soul searching. Trying to see where she belonged. Or if she belonged anywhere to be exact. Sitting at some local pub, along the north side of Metropolis. She had seen the talk, as well as listened in on the speeches of the government preparing for a round up heroes and masked vigilantes. Forcing those who had not identified themselves to come forward and registered themselves. Making them nothing more than marked cattle, wearing tags for all to see. Frowning, Traci came to realize the government was repeating history. Thinking about what she, along with many others have read in history books during World War II. The Jewish had to identify themselves when they had to wear stars along the outside of their clothing. That's what was going to happen all over again, if the people allowed the US Government to have their ways. Instead of the Germans turning against their people, it would be the Americans. Talk about a twist of fate. At least she had a way to escape this soon to be hell that would once again wash all over the face planet. Whereas others weren't so lucky. With an alcoholic beverage in hand, the lone magi sat alone pondering on which path she should take.
the door opened up and drake walked through, he took a seat right next to his friend at the bar "ill have a whisky, and one for my friend here" the bar tender poured two glasses and put them in front of them "got alot on your mind beautiful?" he said to her as he took a swig "the way things are going we could all use a drink and a friend."  

GL_drake rayner

Battling Bowman

Magnetic Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:24 pm
Along the opposite end of the bar, was a man sitting in a corner, covered in a thick haze of smoke and shadows. A dimly lit pendant light hung low, providing not enough light for anyone to fully recognize who he was. Having noticed two familiar faces whom had entered into the bar, almost simultaneously. At least it appeared that way. Actually he was shocked to see two members of the league emerge out into the open. Remaining in the corner, alone the man said nothing to either of them. As he minded his own business, purposely remaining hidden for the time being. His left hand was resting upon a half empty high ball glass, while his right hand was elsewhere. Not on the table, nor seen.

GL_drake rayner

Traci Thirteen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:05 am
GL_drake rayner
the door opened up and drake walked through, he took a seat right next to his friend at the bar "ill have a whisky, and one for my friend here" the bar tender poured two glasses and put them in front of them "got alot on your mind beautiful?" he said to her as he took a swig "the way things are going we could all use a drink and a friend."

Traci was drawn out of her thoughts, as she heard someone speaking at her side. Turning her head, she watched as a fellow Green Lantern and Justice League member joined her at the bar. Quirking a high brow, while providing Drake a smile in greeting, "Greetings and yes, I have a lot on my mind, Drake. How do you do stranger? Haven't seen you around in forever." She thanked him politely as he had a drink poured for her. Her left fingerless gloved hand reached out and took a hold of the glass offered. She wasn't much of a whiskey drinker, but in this case she'd have the drink. The next round would be on her.  

Traci Thirteen

Risk-Taker

6,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100

GL_drake rayner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:20 pm
Traci Thirteen
GL_drake rayner

Traci was drawn out of her thoughts, as she heard someone speaking at her side. Turning her head, she watched as a fellow Green Lantern and Justice League member joined her at the bar. Quirking a high brow, while providing Drake a smile in greeting, "Greetings and yes, I have a lot on my mind, Drake. How do you do stranger? Haven't seen you around in forever." She thanked him politely as he had a drink poured for her. Her left fingerless gloved hand reached out and took a hold of the glass offered. She wasn't much of a whiskey drinker, but in this case she'd have the drink. The next round would be on her.
drake downed the drink fast and the bar tender poured him another round, drake hadn't been around she was right about that and at some part of that bothered him "eh its what happens when the league sends you on secret missions to spy on the biggest criminal mind in the world" he looked down at his drink and swirled it around a bit "with everything thats been going on i didnt think anyone from the league would be too happy to see me, i know i haven't exactly been on the right side of things but im still one of the good guys." he took a sip then looked at her. they had some history, not THAT kind of history but enough for drake to trust her  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:21 pm
GL_drake rayner
Traci Thirteen
GL_drake rayner

drake downed the drink fast and the bar tender poured him another round, drake hadn't been around she was right about that and at some part of that bothered him "eh its what happens when the league sends you on secret missions to spy on the biggest criminal mind in the world" he looked down at his drink and swirled it around a bit "with everything thats been going on i didnt think anyone from the league would be too happy to see me, i know i haven't exactly been on the right side of things but im still one of the good guys." he took a sip then looked at her. they had some history, not THAT kind of history but enough for drake to trust her

To how freely Drake would mention such things out loud, without seeming to care if others might be listening in. Was a bit unnerving to say the least. Reaching over she lightly placed her hand along the backside of Drake's hand, providing him one of those looks of 'be careful what you say out here.' Allowing her hand to linger on top of his hand, waiting for his reaction and understanding. She would slowly withdraw her hand from his, allowing her fingers to wrap around the whiskey glass provided to her and took a swig. The stuff was harsh, something she wasn't really used to drinking. Reaching towards a little glass dish filled with pretzels she chased a few of those down after downing the whiskey. After disguising a nasty facial expression, when she had consumed that drink. She turned to speak to Drake. "Not everyone knows or understands in the beginning as to why they are chosen for certain positions of power. There's always a reason behind every action taken, Drake. We may not know why, but our roles eventually shed light as to why we were chosen." That was the best description she could provide him then. Waving her hand over towards the bar tender, she asked for a tall glass of water. As well as a piña colada. Glancing over at Drake unsure if he'd want one too since it appeared he was enjoying the whiskey route.  

Traci Thirteen

Risk-Taker

6,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100

GL_drake rayner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:40 pm
Traci Thirteen
GL_drake rayner
Traci Thirteen
GL_drake rayner

To how freely Drake would mention such things out loud, without seeming to care if others might be listening in. Was a bit unnerving to say the least. Reaching over she lightly placed her hand along the backside of Drake's hand, providing him one of those looks of 'be careful what you say out here.' Allowing her hand to linger on top of his hand, waiting for his reaction and understanding. She would slowly withdraw her hand from his, allowing her fingers to wrap around the whiskey glass provided to her and took a swig. The stuff was harsh, something she wasn't really used to drinking. Reaching towards a little glass dish filled with pretzels she chased a few of those down after downing the whiskey. After disguising a nasty facial expression, when she had consumed that drink. She turned to speak to Drake. "Not everyone knows or understands in the beginning as to why they are chosen for certain positions of power. There's always a reason behind every action taken, Drake. We may not know why, but our roles eventually shed light as to why we were chosen." That was the best description she could provide him then. Waving her hand over towards the bar tender, she asked for a tall glass of water. As well as a piña colada. Glancing over at Drake unsure if he'd want one too since it appeared he was enjoying the whiskey route.
drake smiled at her as he drank a bit more, why the hell was he chosen? of all people why the kid that no one took seriously. "you magic folk are always the wisest of the bunch when it comes to heroes. so how does the events unfolding treat you?" drake looked around the bar scanning who was in it, he saw no one he noticed but at this point everyone knew who he was. his identity was never secret and now he's in the spotlight on the news anyone could tell who he was just by that dumb hat he wore or the goggles."i mean, what do you think the next step in all this is?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:13 pm
GL_drake rayner
drake smiled at her as he drank a bit more, why the hell was he chosen? of all people why the kid that no one took seriously. "you magic folk are always the wisest of the bunch when it comes to heroes. so how does the events unfolding treat you?" drake looked around the bar scanning who was in it, he saw no one he noticed but at this point everyone knew who he was. his identity was never secret and now he's in the spotlight on the news anyone could tell who he was just by that dumb hat he wore or the goggles."i mean, what do you think the next step in all this is?"

"Aren't you sweet. Drake I'm not a hero, I'm the one in the background that gives support to the heroes and anti heroes. I'm just an updated, modern version of a side kick." Traci smirked, as she nodded her head in thanks towards the bar tender before returning her attention towards Drake. Her body tensed at his mentioning of how does the events unfolding treat you? Dropping her gaze down at her drink, "Honestly?" She gulped, as she placed both of her hands down along the bar top before her. "I'm scared. I fear that society will turn against those of us who've always been seen as heroes. To see us nothing but failures. Trouble. See us for the true monsters we can become if we are lead astray." She had nothing to hide, she was truthfully scared. Staring at the gloss finish along the wood, the light in the bar caused a reflection of light to form along the surface. This effect also helped hide the power of purple light that emitted forth from her fingertips along the shiny, polished surface of the wood. Drake might have noticed the subtle glow illuminate along her fingertips. It was brief action. Feeling her heart beat racing as she calmed her nerves by taking a drink of her piña colada. She had a strong control of her powers, but from time to time she could feel her will power dwindling. A lot of that had to do with what was going on. The city magic surrounding them felt as though its power was draining from existence. Traci wet her lips with her tongue as she stared straight ahead. Before she allowed her gaze to drift over out of the corner of her eyes at Drake. "What about you? How do the events unfolding treat you, Drake?"  

Traci Thirteen

Risk-Taker

6,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100

GL_drake rayner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:59 pm
Traci Thirteen
GL_drake rayner

"Aren't you sweet. Drake I'm not a hero, I'm the one in the background that gives support to the heroes and anti heroes. I'm just an updated, modern version of a side kick." Traci smirked, as she nodded her head in thanks towards the bar tender before returning her attention towards Drake. Her body tensed at his mentioning of how does the events unfolding treat you? Dropping her gaze down at her drink, "Honestly?" She gulped, as she placed both of her hands down along the bar top before her. "I'm scared. I fear that society will turn against those of us who've always been seen as heroes. To see us nothing but failures. Trouble. See us for the true monsters we can become if we are lead astray." She had nothing to hide, she was truthfully scared. Staring at the gloss finish along the wood, the light in the bar caused a reflection of light to form along the surface. This effect also helped hide the power of purple light that emitted forth from her fingertips along the shiny, polished surface of the wood. Drake might have noticed the subtle glow illuminate along her fingertips. It was brief action. Feeling her heart beat racing as she calmed her nerves by taking a drink of her piña colada. She had a strong control of her powers, but from time to time she could feel her will power dwindling. A lot of that had to do with what was going on. The city magic surrounding them felt as though its power was draining from existence. Traci wet her lips with her tongue as she stared straight ahead. Before she allowed her gaze to drift over out of the corner of her eyes at Drake. "What about you? How do the events unfolding treat you, Drake?"
drake finished off his drink then looked at her and smiled, he put his hand down on hers as reassurance "this isnt my first experience with this kind of thing, but we have to stay strong." drake removed his hand and made her a small construct rose and held it out to her "i may appear to be on the governments side but im still with the heroes, im not going to forget everything that we've done together, all the lives we've saved"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:23 pm
GL_drake rayner
drake finished off his drink then looked at her and smiled, he put his hand down on hers as reassurance "this isnt my first experience with this kind of thing, but we have to stay strong." drake removed his hand and made her a small construct rose and held it out to her "i may appear to be on the governments side but im still with the heroes, im not going to forget everything that we've done together, all the lives we've saved"

Traci had not forgotten that Drake was affiliated with the government. The same government that was wanting all heroes and vigilantes to register and make themselves known to the public. Staring down at his hand on top of hers before replacing his hand with a rose. Lifting her gaze, "Do you agree with the President Lex Luthor then? As well as Dr. Amanda Waller's decision to have us all register, Drake? To be herded together like cattle and branded?" Traci's looked tired as well as disturbed. She had been weighing the options of what route to take. She knew that many of the league's members had up and abandoned the team in fear of being identified. She knew Drake was trying to make her feel better. His kind gesture was appreciated. It was nice to know that chivalry wasn't dead in this day and age. And yet, at the same time it just took too much energy to appear happy and act as if everything was right in the world. Traci was tired of wearing a mask, disguising who she is and all that she has been. But she also knows that displaying what she is, just gives the public another reason to hate her. As well as hate those who also come forwards.  

Traci Thirteen

Risk-Taker

6,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100

GL_drake rayner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:33 pm
Traci Thirteen
GL_drake rayner

Traci had not forgotten that Drake was affiliated with the government. The same government that was wanting all heroes and vigilantes to register and make themselves known to the public. Staring down at his hand on top of hers before replacing his hand with a rose. Lifting her gaze, "Do you agree with the President Lex Luthor then? As well as Dr. Amanda Waller's decision to have us all register, Drake? To be herded together like cattle and branded?" Traci's looked tired as well as disturbed. She had been weighing the options of what route to take. She knew that many of the league's members had up and abandoned the team in fear of being identified. She knew Drake was trying to make her feel better. His kind gesture was appreciated. It was nice to know that chivalry wasn't dead in this day and age. And yet, at the same time it just took too much energy to appear happy and act as if everything was right in the world. Traci was tired of wearing a mask, disguising who she is and all that she has been. But she also knows that displaying what she is, just gives the public another reason to hate her. As well as hate those who also come forwards.
drake smiled "when i was a young boy growing up in australia and the order was going to send me off to america my parents warned me about the type of monsters that work for the government, amanda waller was exactly the type of monster they warned me about. i dont trust anything she says or does. luthor on the other hand is strange, we all know him, he's not a good guy...." drake looked down for a second "...but i've been undercover on him for years long before he became president, he knew i was there for that reason and i knew that he knew so i went a little more hard core undercover, did some things im not proud of, and i still found nothing. i don't think he has an end game this time, i think he just wants the power." he looked at her and thought these words wouldn't come from him but said them anyway "he's embraced me when he knows what i showed up there for in the first place, that bugs me, but at the same time he had nothing planned. it's like he knew all along we would tear ourselves apart" drake felt a little sick thinking about it all. he remembered when he was a bright eyed teenage green lantern and the horrors of the world were lost to him, this was alot to take in  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 pm
Traci Thirteen
GL_drake rayner

He normally wasn't one to be late, but it seemed he had completely misplaced his formal clothes, and there was no way he was going to walk into a pub dressed up as a wizard of yore. That was just asking for trouble.
Having made a quick stop at a store, Arlian quickly made his way to where he was suppose to meet Traci at, via portal to save time.

When he arrived, he was surprised to see a young man sitting awfully close to Traci. With a raised brow, he made his way over to be beside traci, and wrapped one of his arms around her shoulder and pulled her closer to plant a kiss on her cheek. "Hey traci, sorry I'm running late. Kinda ran into a predicament on my way here." Arlian gave her a sheepish grin before shifting his gaze to the other person she seemed to have been talking to, as he caught part of the conversation.

"Seems I've wandered into a serious conversation. An acquaintance or friend from the league I presume?" Arlian questioned as his scarred visage shifted between both of them, waiting for either to answer.  

Arlian Martel

Traci Thirteen

Risk-Taker

6,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:59 pm
GL_drake rayner

Arlian Martel

Traci's right eyebrow rose up as she just stared at Drake, "I don't think he has an end game this time, I think he just wants the power." She came close to sneering at his comment but refrained from doing so. "Lex Luthor has always wanted power. He's never deterred off of that beaten path, Drake. You should know this by now. He is also the type of individual who does not allow anyone to get too close to him. With that being said, he has the full deck of cards in his hands now. True, he's gambling, but so far I don't see any false facade of Lex backing down any time soon. Neither do I see Dr. Amanda Waller, turning down her cards and folding. I think that they haven't completely shown their winning hand yet, for a reason. Leaving the best hand played last, which will undoubtedly catch a lot of people off guard." Looking away from Drake as Traci reached up to run her fingers up through her hair to stop along her temple. She could feel a headache coming on just from this political conversation they were having. "Like I said, right now, Lex Luthor is holding the right cards. Knowing what strings to pull. I wouldn't say that we're on the loosing side, but I will say this. Right now, the major lot of the league are puppets. And so far? Several of us have already fallen for said trap, causing our strings to come tangled."

Traci's back and shoulders displayed a lot of tension to the audience behind her. It was at the time she ordered shot of something more potent. Is when she felt an arm wrap around her tense shoulders. When she turned to see who had done that. It was at the same time she received a kiss. Some of the tension in her shoulders melted. "Arlian, so glad you could join us. And no, you're not late." Smiling at Arlian glad to see him. Nodding her head when she heard his following statement, "Seems I've wandered into a serious conversation. An acquaintance or friend from the league I presume?" Gesturing with her hand towards Arlian then over at Drake and vice versa. "Indeed you have. Yes, Arlian, my friend here is affiliated with the league. This is Drake Rayner, Drake this is my boyfriend, Arlian Martel. You haven't missed a whole lot on the conversation, just a lot of politics and concerns being aired out between friends."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:25 pm
Traci Thirteen
GL_drake rayner

Arlian Martel

Traci's right eyebrow rose up as she just stared at Drake, "I don't think he has an end game this time, I think he just wants the power." She came close to sneering at his comment but refrained from doing so. "Lex Luthor has always wanted power. He's never deterred off of that beaten path, Drake. You should know this by now. He is also the type of individual who does not allow anyone to get too close to him. With that being said, he has the full deck of cards in his hands now. True, he's gambling, but so far I don't see any false facade of Lex backing down any time soon. Neither do I see Dr. Amanda Waller, turning down her cards and folding. I think that they haven't completely shown their winning hand yet, for a reason. Leaving the best hand played last, which will undoubtedly catch a lot of people off guard." Looking away from Drake as Traci reached up to run her fingers up through her hair to stop along her temple. She could feel a headache coming on just from this political conversation they were having. "Like I said, right now, Lex Luthor is holding the right cards. Knowing what strings to pull. I wouldn't say that we're on the loosing side, but I will say this. Right now, the major lot of the league are puppets. And so far? Several of us have already fallen for said trap, causing our strings to come tangled."

Traci's back and shoulders displayed a lot of tension to the audience behind her. It was at the time she ordered shot of something more potent. Is when she felt an arm wrap around her tense shoulders. When she turned to see who had done that. It was at the same time she received a kiss. Some of the tension in her shoulders melted. "Arlian, so glad you could join us. And no, you're not late." Smiling at Arlian glad to see him. Nodding her head when she heard his following statement, "Seems I've wandered into a serious conversation. An acquaintance or friend from the league I presume?" Gesturing with her hand towards Arlian then over at Drake and vice versa. "Indeed you have. Yes, Arlian, my friend here is affiliated with the league. This is Drake Rayner, Drake this is my boyfriend, Arlian Martel. You haven't missed a whole lot on the conversation, just a lot of politics and concerns being aired out between friends."
drake looked at the man who showed up, he extended his hand for a hand shake "drake rayner, green lantern, league member, and liaison to the president and the league." he wanted to add in assassin, playboy, and right hand to deathstoke on the presidents security team but he figured those wouldn't do so well "she's right you didnt miss much, i've never cared for earth politics let alone american ones" traci was right of course they had trump cards, of course the whole hero community was screwed, but all drake needed was a bit more time and he could dismantle them. of course with bruce waynes house party coming up drake couldnt help feeling he was running low on time.  

GL_drake rayner

Arlian Martel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:45 pm
Traci Thirteen
GL_drake rayner

Arlian smiled in turn at seeing Traci's own, quite relieved to that he hadn't been late to getting here. His attention soon shifting to Drake as he reached a hand out to take his in a very firm handshake. Arlian thought of at least a dozen or so titles he could have thrown out himself, but refrained. "I've never been one for politics, especially since its come to who has the biggest wallets." He said with a small scoff before taking a seat next to Traci. "Although, it seems with this current fiasco, its going to be hard not get dragged in."  
The Historical Archives (Regular Threads)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games