Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
My Current Status at DOLLAR GENERAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:15 pm
So I am currently as of just a week or so ago just been promoted to the sales associate lead Full time. So yeah I now work at least 30 hours or more a week there with a rate of 8.00 an hour. In late August my yearly raise of .25 will be accounted for so in late August I will be making 8.25$ an hour there (7.50$ an hour is our states minimum wage). But there is just soo much happening there.

I fear that me being too serious and stuff may be my downfall since the assistant manager thinks that Jessica (the girl at my work who is only a PT sales associate lead) will be the new assistant manager if Billy (my AManager name) gets fed up and quits since he is not a fan of our new store manager James, he hates him and thinks he is stupid and lazy. Just like the ppl James fired before him. He is like that cuz he said to me a few days ago that Family Dollar offered him like 9.50$ an hour to start as an assistant manager in the same town (our competitors in Tulie are family dollar and LOWES [grocery store], but most notably family dollar). They would pay him 9.50$ an hour (Dollar General only pays assistant managers 9$ an hour starting), and would offer him the full 40 hours a week. At DG he would only be schedulede for like 38 hours or something. I am only at like 34ish hours. I'd love to be at 40 hours, but since I am Full time now, I expect at least 30 hours a week or more. So yeah our AM Billy is very displeased.

Sad though that he said that Jessica would be the AM before I would be. I mean I have been at my DG store the longest since late August 2013, and Jesssica has only been there since like March 2014, and James our new Store manager since April 2014. One of our cashiers named Jenny has been there since like Oct or Nov 2013 so she is the 2nd longest, but she refused to be a key holder a month ago, so james gave the new key holder position to Jessica. Once that happened I went to Full time. I just hope he doesn't get rid of me. If he does, then the store will goto s**t. I am way too reliable to get rid off. He would hire people in stuff,and they would work for like a day or 2, then never show up again. It's that stupid here.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:32 pm
And yeah I am way too reliable in stuff. But he promoted all of us when he had to FIRE the assistant manager Byron who I liked because he had in the same month over like 10-20$ short in a drawer. But Byron claims that he is trying to get rid of anyone who was management under Paul (our former store manager, he was fired in like early April) so he could change the team into his own personally hired ppl. When Byron got terminated, Martin got fired just like 3-4 weeks before him, and Martin has been with the same store since like almost 2 and a half years. So it got scary and me and Jenny started playing the serious game. It's just scary, but Byron had to tell me to watch myself and be careful since James has been trying to get rid of me for a while since he(Byron) got fired.

But yeah right, if James fires me then the store will be SHIITY THEN THE s**t s**t s**t!!!!!!!!!!! He is lazy and stupid, PAUL always worked and did s**t, where James people claim that he just stays in the office on the phone all day. Paul did such a good job on totes and stocking in crap, he did s**t, I'd be like him.

But yeah a store manager at DG only makes 25000$ a year starting, and only gets one day off a week, ******** THAT!!!!!!!!!! Blaine makes more than him at 32000, just got hired as a math teacher at Alamogordo High School. Try his luck there. But just soo sad.

But yeah the store manager doesn't know I come from a high end household and have a degree in crap. I mean, if I was store manager, all I had to do to know what to do is check START computer program, and to consult the current monthly guidebook. But I would never be store manager, one day off a week, ******** that. Asistant manager still gets 2 days off, and doesn't do much more than what I do. He only gets 9$ an hour. Precheck gives you 11$ an hour, 40 hours a week, with 8 to 5 M-F hour lunch with ALWAYS WEEKENDS OFF!!!!!!!! NOT TO MENTION MAJOR HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!! I quote my mom's friend Cherie. She got hired at Precheck thorugh the temp agency called ITSQUEST INC!!!!!!!!! ANd started her out as 11$ an hour. Everything she does there is all on computer. Processing background checks in crap. All easy. If I told all my coworkers in DG where Cherie worked, they'd be like NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad that Cherie who has worked at Precheck for 2 years earns 13$ an hour, makes as much as the store manager James at my DG store, but doesn't EVER have homework or has to deal with the crap and paperwork involved being the store manager.

Yeah I am only staying at DG to build up my work experience so I can like get hired somewhere else as like a bank teller in stuff since I am getting cash handling experience.  

Zombie Girl Ali

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:36 pm
But yeah, Dollar General is soo bad that if you go back to exactly August 7, 2013, all the employees at the current Dollar General I work at would all be DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's that terrible. I didn't get hired until like august 26ish onwards. So now I am the longest running employee. It's sad, I'm like going to be the Martin of 2015. Soo sad.

My dad makes almost 70000$ a year alone in his job alone plus an additional 20000 for retirement for being in the air force for 23 years. And he does like nothing at his job, he even joked at us for saying that all he does most of the time is surf the internet. He barely gets any people, so he mostly sits around and gets 68000$ a year.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:16 am
Ok I know none of you all care, but I just looked at myself in the mirror at both my job and at home. I noticed that my lower area looks weird. It's really weird.

It looks like my body shape is a pear shaped, which is really weird. I seriously look like a pear which is weird, I thought pear shapes were only in women. It's just soo weird. A pear body.  

Zombie Girl Ali

Dannyxcores
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Oh yeah.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:33 pm
I'm getting sick of the place more and more. I am now at the year mark since Late August 2013. So I get 8.25$ an hour. Still not a lot and still not good enough since I am only scheduled for like 30ish hours, where the part time keyholder is scheduled for like 33.5 hours this week and is going to help out at a Ruidoso store with my store manager which will boost her to around 40ish. It's stupid. The assistant manager isn't going to be happy either since he is only at 34.5 this week where he complained before that the assistant manager is supposed to be guaranteed 37 hours a week or more. So he's not gonna be happy.

But he claims that if he gets fed up and leaves, the store manager will make the part time keyholder the new assistant manager and not me, since he is scheduling her higher hours than me, and I think he likes her a lot (the store manager). I dunno. Tha'ts what billy said/thinks (the AssisM). He doesn't like our store manager either. And I think like he does where I think my SM doesn't like me much and thinks I don't deserve 8.25$ an hour since I am too weird and serious and don't talk much even though I have been around the longest. Like when he (SM) is like briefing us on important crap, I hate it how he stares at me the most rather than the other 1 or 2 with me in the office. Why is he staring at me the most, I don't like that. Not to mention the part time girl was right behind him (already acting like an assistant).

But the current AM Billy is really displeased to, I am too scared to stand up to my manager, but Billy has no problems cuz he uses his previous experience managing grocery stores for a while in the past and knows how to handle many things and knows how to argue the right way to get his way. Me I'm too scared to do that. But I fear the PT key holder is his (SMs) new favorite.

But the only difference between her and me are that she doesn't get any FT benefits and I do. And she only get's 8$ an hour, I get 8.25 since I have been around for a year. But I fear our SM is scheduling me for less so I get paid the same as her, I dunno. It's stupid. I am only at 30.25 hours this week, she is at 33.5. I am FT, she is PT. Messed up. I hope he realizes that if he keeps her above 30 hours for like 4 months then he has to change her to FT no matter what. It almost happened with me since I was always above 30 hours since early March, until he had to fire Byron which made me move up anyway to FT. I think he only made Billy the AM because Billy originally applied for management so if our SM made me AM, Billy would be all I*(#(T#*((*#* RAHRAHRAYRAHRAH....I applied for management RARRARARARRARRAR. I supposed to be gaurenteed my own store in 6 months, RARARRARRRAR. But he only makes 75 cents more than me an hour (AM is 9$ an hour).  

Zombie Girl Ali

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:22 am
*lolz* Jessica the fail. Everytime I come in to close, I see what has happened and all like "WHAT THE HELL DID SHE DO DURING THE DAY?" I have rumours she chit chats with Dakota and Julian. I swear, next time I experience that, I will report her to billy. I already got a plus for one night she and julian closed and didn't recover a few weeks ago. So got her for that. Thinks she can give me orders, but I think that booklet is just her suggestions for the night, but after 8pm, I enter recovery mode, since I ALMOST got written up for mike coming in and seeing that me and Ronda closed, didn't see the store recovered enough, so he told Billy to write me and her up for it since recovery is a closing requirement....luckily Billy talked him out of it. SOo retarded, so glad I discredited Jessica and Julian since they chit chat a lot.

She fails at a assistant manager. She writes her crap in the store booklet telling me what to do, but I use it as a thing to get Ronda to tell her what to do. I betcha she doesn't know that recovery is the #1 priority for closing since I am TECHNICALLY the night manager, since I ONLY close in stuff. SO yeah. Billy is Store Manager, Jessica is Assistant Manager (with her crappy 9$ an hour), and I am TECHNICALLY the Night manager since I only close. I am the main closer as chosen by Billy in stuff and since I suggested that. Except I open on Thanksgiving so my mom won't have to have dinner on table by 1pm, she can now have it by 3pm since I get off at 2.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:29 am
I think that Billy and Jess will be around for a while, so at least I know I am next in line to be assistant manager if anything happens to the two. 9.25$ an hour sounds pretty good. Still not exciting though. I know that Julain 85% chance he will be the new part time key holder within a few weeks.

But yeah, I know I am next in line to be assistant if Jessica quits. If Billy quits then Jessica will be acting, but if she agrees to be store manager (urghh screw that for me) she will probably make me assistant. If not I will speak out on why I can't be one. Or if she quits, if Billy doesn't make me AM I will also speak out.

But one thing is certain, if I get demoted, I WILL QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our store is in good standing so yeah, me quitting wouldn't matter. But yeah, Billy is pretty easy going, so yeah. He trusts me as night manager. So Yeah. But if any demotion for me, I will QUIT!!!  

Zombie Girl Ali

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:32 am
But yeah, would be awesome to be Assistant Manager. Jessica doesn't do much of anything much more than me. Just slight more extra paperwork in crap. Thinks she can give me orders, I KNOW what needs to be done at nighttime.

Jess and Billy may be my superiors, but I probably know much more about the store than they do. Jess has been around since March 2014, Billy May 2014, but me since late Aug 2013.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:12 pm
That's a lot of drama man.  

Dannyxcores
Crew

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:09 am
setneufis
That's a lot of drama man.
I know. The Billy era is like going to be the most failure era ever.

My times at Dollar General can be divided into eras. The Paul Era (era I first joined), the James Era, and the Billy era. All eras are named after the store manager I was under when I joined.

Urghh crazy, everyone sees the James era as the era where he fired like everyone. I can totally see that. He like fired anyone almost who was management under paul, then eventually a couple months later he quit. What a dousche. But I feel for him, just felt like he didn't want to do it anymore. I mean Billy is already feeling the effects to. He's sad he can't drink randomly anymore. I'd rather be only Assistant Manager, since they (Jess) still get 2 days off. All he gets is Sunday off and one of his days as half way which he chooses to be Saturday. But he has to be summoned a lot. Like he was supposed to close from 1pm to closing tomorrow, but has to appear earlier since our District Manager is going to be there in the morning so he has to be there to talk with him in stuff. Thank god I'm off tomorrow so I don't have to see him. I only work Thanksgiving morning cuz I asked for it, so my mom won't have to rush to get Dinner on the table at 2pm like last year. She can have it on table at like 3ish pm now. Since I should be home by 2pm. So I requested that.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:49 pm
Aw. Sweet Aoi, thinking of others other than himself. smile  

Dannyxcores
Crew

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:05 am
setneufis
Aw. Sweet Aoi, thinking of others other than himself. smile
My store manager Bill would freak out if I told him that my dad makes 4 times what he makes. My dad just got promoted a few weeks ago and he estimated his new income at 101000. I betcha his jaw would freak. I betcha you and anyone else in this guild would freak my dad makes that much ALONE. My mom only made 45000$ ish when she was collections manager at the Credit Union from like 2000 to til she quit in 2006. She hasn't done much since. But shes been more active lately with her dumb shot and we get lots of weird ppl over all the time since our family house is the CAPITAL of the PAGAN and UNITARIAN UNIVERSAILIST COmmunity of Alamogordo. My parents and friends own the UU church, and control the pagan community. So yeah, our house is the pagan capital of Alamogordo, it's really annoying. Hearing doorbell and mom having weird ppl over often. Thank god I close often so once I get home it's all over.

Her garage shop even has a door stop alarm and a weird roll thingy you put on the doorknob that stops the door from coming inward, as well as new doorbell in crap, which has only been around for like only a few months.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:55 pm
Well, let's just say fail. Jess and julian got in trouble in mid January, billy told Julian and her he was gonna seperate them, and Julian said he was out. Then Jessica emailed Bill later saying that she no longer works for DG or for Billy. (Cuz she got the job at stupid Albertsons which probably doesn't even have liquor yet probably or fresh sushi from jap man). Soo crap. if Lowes is dead then hellz yeah I will go there and loot there alcohol and fresh sushi. But yeah since she and Julian quit in mid January, I assumed ACTING ASSISTANT MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!! Then Billy got the word that he was going to manager school for a week so he was wondering who was gonna watch the store while he was gone, then allava sudden he trusted me and Ronda the only two key carriers. So it happened. For 6 days almost, I was acting STORE manager for that long with no admin functions in crap. Thank god nothing happened. So yeah. But yeah

You all saw it coming, I am assistant manager now. Since January 31, 2015. You say it coming. The AM GOT IN TROUBLE, couldn't take it, quit, and got a new job at stupid albertsons. I thought ALbertsons is expensive. Makes me wanna go to Lowes from now on since it will be dead with awesome Sushi and alcohol.  

Zombie Girl Ali

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:48 am
Yeah I feel like I'm gonna make store manager probably close to the end of this year, since my store manager is displaying health problems he refuses me to reveal to even my family and my friends in stuff, but let me just tell you that his health problems is SERIOUS!!!!!!!!! Like life threatening if you don't have healthcare. But he's a strong man, so I know he can pull through. I know he can. I believe in Billy, he's a strong crazy guy, he will always be strong and pull through. That's why I want to stay with him instead of transferring to the la luz store. I just want to play it safe. Billy is an amazing guy, an amazing manager, and the nicest and wonderful boss I have ever worked for. He is amazing and I am glad to work for him and will continue to work for him until something happens that makes him resign or get promoted. If he gets promoted, the first person he's gonna train to be a store manager is of course me. O.O It's gonna be a tough road, but if he and Eric can do it, so can I. Only thing I am scared of is having to hire and interview people. Only thing I am kinda nervous about but billy will always be willing to walk me through it.  
River of Polls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff