Ena floated through the lands as if she were on a cloud – her paws mimicking the steps of the gentlest of creatures. When it came to dance she allowed herself to be as gentle or fierce as needed, feeling the beat and feeling the emotion, she would decide when she started. The wild dog was not yet in the habit of producing something choreographed, and allowed her mind and body to flow together as one. The feathered anklets moved about her legs and she arched her back to stretch before moving into a delicate trot. She had decided to leave her head-dress at the clearing today. It was a beautiful thing, bold and wondrous, and she had decided that a thing of such beauty would be for performances only. It had already become her greatest treasure and she did not want to risk damaging it by taking it out into the forest when there was no need. Practising dancing in the clearing was much easier – with all that space and air it was preferable. She did not want to jump into anything or worse, anyone!

She had taken the time now, however, to try and find others like her. She recognised this could be a difficult task, and thus had prepared herself to travel for quite a number of days. Wild dogs could be scarce around these parts, let alone those that had similar interests to her. She supposed any wild dog would fit into their pack though, there would always be a house for them. The path through the trees had become narrow and winding now, and though she was slender she found herself knocking various branches and skidding on the leaf covered mud. A little way down the path she could see more light, so perhaps it opened up into another clearing. Knowing her luck, it would be the same one she set out from.

Danza moved passionately and with flair. He was a dancer too and he was yards away from someone of his own kin and was blissfully unaware. There was something significantly more masculine about the way he moved, which would make sense given his gender. He was dominant and in control of his movement. Dancing was still considered a bit of an odd hobby to have, for a wild dog, but not everyone could be a hunter, could they? He carried himself through the air with grace and power, and did not notice Ena approaching from within the trees. He had found the clearing earlier in the day, and like the female that watched him now, thought it was the perfect place to practice. He was oblivious to any inhabitants, as it had been empty upon his arrival. A closer look would show obvious signs of life in the clearing- bits of food, supplies from some of the houses dotted across the large area, but the male was too focused on getting to work. Having a hobby as serious as this meant that you needed to be dedicated, and he had wasted no time in starting his routine.

As she broke through the foliage she noticed two things. The first was that she had indeed been travelling in circles, and she had entered the very same clearing that she started out from, and had lived in for the past few months. She cursed herself silently. If she could not remember her home, what chance did she have as any kind of leader? Her and her siblings had agreed on various groups they would lead according to various jobs and hobbies, but had not discussed much more than that. The second thing that she noticed, seconds after she had processed all of the previous information – was that somebody was dancing. It was not just somebody either, but it was another wild dog. Her eyes widened and she let out a gasp of joy. She knew how frustrating it was to have someone interrupt a routine, but here was another Wild dog, alike her in his passion for dance, and he was right in her home? She had to convince him to stay!

Danza heard the gasp of joy and grumbled, breaking his routine. He fell to the ground a little less elegantly than before and turned round to face Ena. He was used to being judged for his passion, so much so that his first words to the female weren't entirely friendly. “What can I do for you?” He scowled. He was equally annoyed that someone had interrupted his precious practice. It wasn't often that he was alone, so he wanted to make the most of it when he could.

“It was just, just, beautiful.” She gushed, admiring the rust -orange coloured male.

“It- it was... My dancing?” This was something he was not used to, and he went from looking outraged to mildly confused in a few moments. When the female nodded happily he broke into a smile. Having someone admire his dancing did not happen often – in fact it had never happened. He moved forward to give her a more friendly greeting. “Thank you, friend, I am Danza. Are you a dancer too?” The male always thought it was ironic that his name sounded so similar to “dancer.” But then again it had put it down to fate. He had obviously been designed for this. He had also been born with a lithe but still muscular figure, it was hard to often marry grace and power, but he had somehow managed it. He preferred faster paced dances, and was unaware that this contradicted Ena beautifully. They would have something to teach one another.

“I am Ena, and yes, yes I am.” She sounded breathless. What could she say to get him to join? He would be perfect for the pack, but then the female was careful not too get her hopes up too high, perhaps he wasn't the kind to join a pack.

“This.. this is my home, actually.” Ena began. “My siblings and I have occupied this clearing for a while.” She coughed gently. “We have been hoping to start a group- a pack. We all have different jobs and passions in life and we wanted to find others that were similar.... I am the leader of the performance house, covering dance, music, drama...” Ena smiled at him gently. “It is so difficult to find others with such specific passions, but it is a joy when it does happen.”

Danza had to agree with Ena that it was indeed difficult to find others with similar passions. A childhood of vague ridicule had seen him pushed out of his family bit by bit, and though he was a rebel at heart, he would never be able to pass up this opportunity. He wouldn't allow himself. He wasn't entirely bothered that he was on their land, given that it was empty. Danza made a decision to stay for a little while and to get to know the others better. If they could find even more dancers, perhaps this could be his lifes calling. He jumped up and nodded to Ena. She hadn't even asked the question but he knew what she wanted to here. “I will stay a while and see how I feel... But I can't promise to follow all the rules.” He winked teasingly, and Ena beamed.

WC: 1233