Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:33 pm
User Image

It had felt like a long trip, though in truth it hadn't been incredibly far from where Nahanni had met Elsa. The gray-striped lioness' mind had just been running over with all kinds of thoughts on the way here. She had indeed enjoyed many snippets of chatter, but as Nahanni felt they were closing on Elsa's lands, she had begun to feel quite tired. She had been up for a while...

Her thoughts had strayed to her brother, to her parents, and all of the other young ones in their band. They had strayed to all of the places she had travelled recently in her quest to find her brother. Nahanni was too young for all of this worrying and heavy, deep thinking, it stressed her out, and she wanted more than anything to just have some good friends and a place that felt comfortable like her own portable "home", if you could call it that, never really had. The gray lioness attempted to blink away her tiredness as she followed closely behind her graceful new companion, and as she began to think they were getting fairly close, she could feel excitement building inside her. There was the fact that it was going to be a new place that seemed mighty wonderful, and also that she would have a chance to make some more new friends in the process. It was so incredibly kind for Elsa to welcome her in her home lands.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:23 pm
Sareibear

The pride lands were located in a mountain valley, a vast basin covered in snow and sparsely decorated with tall, spindly trees struggling to maintain life in the frozen world around them. At the center of the expansive valley was a large lake, covered almost entirely in ice, though it seemed to be melting and some pockets of water were visible, growing with each passing, warming day. There was an island at the center of this lake, and that was where the pride lived.

At the top of the trek up the mountain, where the path suddenly met the sky and peaked down, Elsa paused. On this apex of hill, she loved to look down into the valley, over the snow, and take in the majesty of the home she loved so much.

"That is where we live," she said, her voice full of love and pride. She could not help it, even with the troubles that had befallen them, and the curse she felt she bore. She loved this place, and would be loyal to it, serve it with all that she was, and do her best for those that lived or visited there.

"This is the Frozen Isle. I hope you like visiting here: you are more than welcome! We are having a fishing game, and there will be lots of food for you to enjoy while you're here." She smiled brightly, feeling like running down the sloping hill into the valley, over the ice, to reach her beloved home. Instead, she remained regal, looking bashful as she began to pad forward.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:01 pm
Nahanni gasped as she caught up to Elsa at the top of the path. She gazed about with exitement on her features like a little cub, her eyes wide and same with her grin. It was like nothing she had ever seen before, and it was so absolutely beautiful...the gray and striped lioness stood next to her new companion and looked upon the Frozen Isle. She couldn't wait to get down there and see it.

"It's so wonderful, Elsa!" Nahanni bubbled to her, grinning widely as she turned to look at the paler-furred lioness. "I can't wait! A fishing game, that sounds fun." She said, wiggling a little in place, hardly able to contain her own excitement.

As Elsa started down towards it, the gray lioness was hot on her heels, eager to see what it was like down on the island, and to see the fishing game...and of course, she was hungry as well, and Elsa had mentioned there would be plenty to eat. That definitely sounded good, but it took a backburner to her burning curiosity to see what this pride was all about. Eagerly, she continued along just a few steps behind Elsa as they went.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:58 am
Sareibear

The Queen smiled and nodded her head, watching as the lioness beside her took in the sights the beautiful island in the lake could offer. Elsa thought her home was an incredibly place, and she was always glad to share it. It was always open to visitors and those in need, after all, even if their remote location sometimes made that more of an optimistic hope than a real situation, more often than not.

"I'm glad you think so!" She said with a big smile, chuckling as she padded along. It was always nice to meet friendly lions out in the rogue lands, and she was hoping she would be able to help Nahanni some how.

Elsa would first show her around, then show her where she could stay. After that, they could enjoy the pride for what it was, go fishing and have some food, or whatever else it was they wanted to do. Whatever they decided on, it would be a good day. That was the goal, anyway.

Leading her up to the edge of the lake, Elsa slowed and looked at her traveling companion. This was where it could get a little... tricky.

"The ice is still thick enough to be a bit challenging to walk on. It's very... slippery, if you're not used to it. I usually just think of it as moving in a different way. It's not walking or running, it's just... sliding. You kind of push yourself along and keep your body balanced as best you can. I tend to focus more on my body than my paws." Of course, walking across ice was effortless to her now, but she knew that not everyone could master the art as she had. She had all her life to do it, after all.

Picking it up in a matter of minutes was not exactly an easy thing to do.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:47 pm
Nahanni listened as Elsa explained the ice. The gray and striped lioness had never actually seen ice before, thinking back on it. Well, okay, it was simply something new to learn about, and that was never a problem for the lioness, since she was always curious. So it was tricky...this could be fun! She paused for a second, her tail flicking in her excitement, and she watched Elsa.

"Well, I've never done this before, that's for sure! But okay, maybe you can show me and then I will give it a try...?" Nahanni tilted her head slightly with a big grin to Elsa. For sure, the gray lioness was uncertain of how this would work out and well...she had never necessarily traveled on slippery ground. Mayhaps mud could sometimes be a bit finicky but that didn't happen very often as it didn't rain too much, and it was probably a lot different, regardless. She could hardly contain her excitement, and she was a bit embarrassed for a moment, feeling slightly cubbish in her eagerness.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:41 pm
Sareibear

Elsa nodded her head and moved to set an example, walking lightly on the ice and making it look all too natural and easy. She had been doing this all her life, of course, so it was easy to her. As natural as swimming or climbing were for other lions, raised in different types of terrains to her.

"Come on, it's easiest if you just go for it!"

Elsa was not usually so out going and excitable, but she felt at ease now so it was easier for her to show her sweet, gentle side. She was a quiet and kind ruler, but very reserved these days, out of necessity. It was nice to be able to let go a bit, and have some fun with a new friend.

"I'll try to catch you if you slip!" She chuckled, sliding along the ice gracefully, doing a small circle before coming back to Nahanni.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:14 pm
The gray-striped lioness hesitated a moment, she did think that Elsa made it look easy. Though she supposed that things just came naturally, depending on your situation. Nahanni figured maybe there was some things that she was used to and good at that Elsa may know nothing about either. It was all relative.

With a determined little nod, she smiled to Elsa, though giving away her uncertainty, she stepped out onto the ice and wobbled a bit as it sort of took away her paws on the slickness of it. It was a bit strange, for sure, but she put all her effort into it, and it was turning out okay, so far. "I don't think there's anyway for this to be easy!" She laughed a little as she nearly lost her balance, her paws splaying as she tried to regain her composure.

Nahanni laughed a little, and sort of felt like a cub again, slipping around, trying to keep up with Elsa. "Don't suppose your pride makes a game of this, do they? Cause they should! You're pretty good at it, that was a neat little trick!" She paused for a moment, trying to slide without lifting her paw- and it was a bit easier. There we go, she thought to herself, she was starting to get it.

The gray lioness laughed again and kept sliding in little steps. "I feel like a cub, slipping around on this ice." She kept chuckling as she slid along much less gracefully than Elsa.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:10 pm
Sareibear

"You get used to it! And faster than you'd think, I promise. Even if you're only here for a little while, you won't be slipping and sliding the whole time."

Best of all, the island itself was solid and certainly not as bad as the icy slick of frozen lake that surrounded it. The snow could some times make it a bit slipper inland, but it was generally just like walking on anything else. It was just an effort to get to that solid ground again.

Watching Nahanni slide around made her smile and laugh, making her feel very light hearted. She was having fun, and it was innocent enough. She nudged Nahanni gently, giving her a little push just to send her sliding in another direction, following after her.

"This could be a fun game! Push the lioness? I'm certainly having fun with it! Though, I can help you toward the island. Here, you can lean on me." She smiled sweetly, hoping to be trusted. She really did not have any intention of pushing her again... though it was fun.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:07 pm
Nahanni continued in her attempt to follow Elsa, and giggled incessantly as Elsa gave her a little push, sending her sliding away. Though, she was starting to get the hang of it, and managed to stay up.

"Maybe we can show it to your pride!" The gray-striped lioness laughed, sliding gently toward Elsa at the offer of help.

Nahanni giggled quietly to herself as she sidled up to Elsa, and then gave her new friend a little push of her own, sending her into another outburst of laughter, struggling to keep her own balance amidst it.

"Had to try it myself, you know!" She chuckled. She hadn't managed to send Elsa for much of a slide, and she hoped the return joke would be appreciated. Her tail flicked to assist in keeping her balance, and Nahanni winked at Elsa, still laughing a little.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:27 am
Sareibear

Elsa laughed as she was pushed, looking surprised but pleasantly so as she was set off her balance by the little shove. She managed to catch herself, spreading her paws and sliding a bit as she came to a stop, smiling almost ear to ear at Nahanni because of it.

It was rare for the Queen to be so playful, as most were very formal around her, and she could hardly blame them. She was the ruler of the pride, after all, and most just wanted to make a good impression, rather than be her friend. There were a few, like Tikahn and Nahanni, who were more comfortable around her, and in turn made her feel much more comfortable as well.

"I can hardly blame you!" She said, through giggles, then she slid away, to more solid footing. She looked back at her new friend and smiled, looking forward to spending a bit more time with her, and getting to know her, even if it was for a little while. Whatever happened, Nahanni was welcome in the pride, and with Elsa.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Zizimisha'Mwili Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas