Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Elimisha'sombea Lands [IC]
[PRP - BACKLOG] Inner Child Comes Out (Uakunjua x Ngetal)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:09 am
User Image

Maybe Ngetal shouldn't have wandered into this forest. The trees grew tall and now she was more or less thoroughly lost amongst them. Sighing at herself and the whimsy that had set her on this course, Ngetal turned around in circles. It was dark here even with the scattered rays of light penetrating through the thick forest canopy.

This whole thing was too childish, too foolish to have allowed herself to get into in the first place. Ngetal had allowed the beauty and magic of the forest to lure her in and then preceded to get lost. NOW as the forest fell quiet the magic was turning a tad bit darker. And those same childish feelings were at work AGAIN. She was scaring herself.

Ngetal berated herself as she turned around yet again, thinking she might have heard something behind her. Nothing was there. Seriously. But that edginess stuck with her no matter how much sense she attempted to talk into herself. Just because Ngetal missed being around children didn't mean she should allow such childish behavior in herself.

At least there was no one around to witness her embarrassment. Ngetal straightened her spine and continued on. Eventually she would find her way, but for now she would prove to herself that she wasn't so silly to be afraid of a forest with no one around. She wouldn't even take the high ground by climbing up into the branches.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:20 am
User Image
[RP is Backlogged pre-Meta Plot]

Ua was on a mission, collecting herbs from the forest to make a few basic healing salves - just for the minor cuts and bruises of the colony. There was rarely anything worse than that, which suited her just fine! She was a competent medic, but the bigger jobs made her kind of nervous. Thankfully there were other medics in the colony now, so she was't left being the only person to save people if worse came to worse. That's a lot of pressure put on a young girl! She thought to herself, and leaped across the branches in front of her.

Raised in a forest not dissimilar to this one, she was confident as she moved through the branches.

Because of her higher position, she spotted Ngetal fairly easily and paused on the branch. She bounced a little, delighted. Oh! A new friend!

Ua had made herself the unofficial welcoming committee to most of the new colony members, and the passing rogues, so any new face was exciting. She wiggled and leaped to the ground, landing not far from Ngetal with a grin. She seemed completely unaware that a suddenly appearing stranger from the sky might be a bit startling to some people.

"Hello stranger!"

Velveteen Angel

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:21 pm
Ngetal flinched back when the leopardess appeared from above her. Up in the branches. She admonished herself for not going higher, for not listening to her inner self. Obviously, there were others in this forest and even if no one had been following or stalking her. Not going for the high ground was one of her foolish decisions after all. And Ngetal had been worried about allowing childish behavior to rule her actions. Foolish, foolish, foolish.

She cleared her throat and addressed white and pink leopardess. "Good day. I'm surprised to find someone else traversing the same area of forest. I have been traveling for a few days now and have only met you. Pardon me, my name is Ngetal. And you are?"

Her properness a tad bit awkard, but then she had never really interacted with others that were in are generation or so. Children as a traveling nanny and cubsitter. Even the old that need a companion every now and again, but those in her age bracket were a mystery to her. Being an orphan perhaps. Or the fact that though she enjoyed caring for children, she really never had a childhood of her own and so couldn't relate so well with them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:38 pm

Ua smiled at the stranger. Oh, she seemed nice at least! "My name is Ua," she returned the greeting. "The reason that you haven't met anyone is probably that they were watching to make sure you weren't a threat!" She was sure, if the stranger had been wandering the forest, that someone had noticed and kept an eye on her. They wouldn't have given themselves away unless she stumbled too close to the colony base.

"You're in the forest of the Elimisha'sombea colony!" She explained cheerfully. "You're not too close to the colony's heart though, so you wouldn't be shooed away, especially since you seem peaceful." She smiled, and then squinted at her. "You are peaceful, right?"

Dame NightFury

Velveteen Angel

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:38 pm
Ah! So that foolish sense of paranoia hadn't been so foolish after all. There had been other watching her throughout her journey through the great big forest. Probably up high in the trees. Maybe even some prowling alongside her the entire time, silent as only large cats can be.

Ngetal shook herself. She was starting to creep herself out and there was no reason to. It had happened. And next time Ngetal would move to higher ground for some form of comfort. Even there was a next time. And than she would have to hope that it was enough to not feel stalked.

Ngetal nodded as Ua shared the forest's inhabitants' name and colony. There had been rumors circulating out in the world about the colony. Only leopards and their familiars lived here, seeking knowledge and sharing from time to time, if asked.

Tilting her head in confusion, Ngetal sat down and replied, "Yes ..." That was a rather odd question to ask a visitor. Wouldn't everyone say there were peaceful even if they weren't? Because if they weren't peaceful, lying about it would cause more mischief and chaos. Which would probably be the point of lying in the first place ... "But how would you know if a person is peaceful or not?"
Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Ua shrugged her shoulders at the question. "Well, I suppose if you attacked me, then that's not really peaceful." She tilted her head. "I suppose the guards and stuff would just see if you hurt someone and then if you did, they would deal with you. I'm sure there's probably other things to look out for, but that's probably the worst thing you could do if you are trying to be peaceful." She laughed.

"What's your name?" She asked cheerfully. "Are you just passing through the forest to get to somewhere?" She bounced on her paws a little, her youthful excitement showing through very clearly. She liked meeting new people; she was far more social than her father had ever been.

Dame NightFury
Sorry for the huge delay!

Velveteen Angel

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:02 pm
"It's very nice to meet you, Ua. My name is Ngetal." Ngetal smiled at Ua's youthful excitement. Now that was something she could understand. How many cubs had she watched over that had a similar temperament? Countless.

"I'm a traveling nanny of sorts. A companion of the old and young both from time to time. I was just traveling through the forest on a whim. My inner child demanding adventure and fun no doubt."

Especially since she didn't get much of one as an orphan from a very young age. "Always passing through." Ngetal gave herself a little shake. Hopefully Ua would ignore that little slip.

At least something good was happening with this foolish need to travel the dense forest. Ua was turning out delightful company. Ngetal sat down.

Velveteen Angel

[IC] Elimisha'sombea Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff