Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
last day Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yay
  freedom
View Results

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:59 am
of school.

Then I graduate or something. I think they cut down a tree and sacrifice it to the university gods who zap it into a piece of paper with my name on it. That's totally how it works right?

And then if I pay money the student ambassadors slaves will frame it for me.

Though I'll find all of that in November when I do the whole stage thing I think.

Schools out forever  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:37 pm
Oh god, at my grad it was like $200 or something to get it framed.
Or I could go to any normal store, pick out a frame for $1-20, and do it myself or pay an art student to do it - they would be more than happy to I'm sure.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:45 pm
KazeRin
Oh god, at my grad it was like $200 or something to get it framed.
Or I could go to any normal store, pick out a frame for $1-20, and do it myself or pay an art student to do it - they would be more than happy to I'm sure.

It didn't look like it was too expensive. I don't know all the details.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:38 am
I don't even wanna know how much money my parents wasted puttin' my degrees in a frame. Now they're both just sittin' in a box somewhere because I can't stand to look at them.

Anyway, Congratulations!  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:19 am
Semok
I don't even wanna know how much money my parents wasted puttin' my degrees in a frame. Now they're both just sittin' in a box somewhere because I can't stand to look at them.

Anyway, Congratulations!

Now I have to wait till November for my degree.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:01 pm
cool4
Semok

Anyway, Congratulations!

You should have a party once you get it!  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:49 pm
Semok
cool4
Semok

Anyway, Congratulations!

Having a party saturday to celebrate being done.

and still looking for work.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:50 pm
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

Anyway, Congratulations!

Woo! And good luck on the job hunt!  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:53 pm
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

Anyway, Congratulations!

I'm not even really sure if I want to be a computer programmer, but my dad's on me about using my degree.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:55 pm
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

Anyway, Congratulations!

I'm not even really sure if I want to be a computer programmer, but my dad's on me about using my degree.

At this point, I'd say take what you can get, which exceptions to things that would make you miserable. I've been tryin' to find a job where I can use my degree, but at this point I just need money. xd  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:08 pm
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

At this point, I'd say take what you can get, which exceptions to things that would make you miserable. I've been tryin' to find a job where I can use my degree, but at this point I just need money. xd

I need money, but I have enough that I could get by a couple months to find some work, but it'd be nice to have anything to pay for rent and food, while I'm looking.

But parental pressure keeps telling me that's a terrible thing to do and I should just move to a place that has jobs and away from all the people I consider friends and my boyfriend.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:12 pm
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

I need money, but I have enough that I could get by a couple months to find some work, but it'd be nice to have anything to pay for rent and food, while I'm looking.

But parental pressure keeps telling me that's a terrible thing to do and I should just move to a place that has jobs and away from all the people I consider friends and my boyfriend.

When my parents try to pressure me I just realize that I'm an adult now and get to choose for myself what matters more to me and what I should do. I know that when parents pressure you like that, it's usually just that they worry about you being able to afford to survive and what not, so they want to keep you focused on that, but I think they also wouldn't want you to be miserable either. It's a tough thing to balance work and responsibility with happiness and friendship, but I would argue that both are at least equally as important.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:18 pm
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

When my parents try to pressure me I just realize that I'm an adult now and get to choose for myself what matters more to me and what I should do. I know that when parents pressure you like that, it's usually just that they worry about you being able to afford to survive and what not, so they want to keep you focused on that, but I think they also wouldn't want you to be miserable either. It's a tough thing to balance work and responsibility with happiness and friendship, but I would argue that both are at least equally as important.

I keep forgetting I'm an adult. I don't wanna grow up. My dad's been like this since I started looking for work in the last month of school.

That and I had a job interview in Vancouver and the the guy turned into a complete a*****e in the interview. Instead of asking me if I was willing to relocate to Vancouver (which is a reasonable question) he found out I had a boyfriend and asked me how's that going to work. Though the places I applied to in Vancouver were only cause my dad wouldn't stop until I sent in my resume, also he made me get a twitter account cause job postings kept asking for twitter and linked in accounts.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:45 pm
I hate how so many jobs want your facebook or twitter and such. Luckily, I thought ahead of time and have 2 facebook accounts. One is under my real name, which I hardly ever get on, and the other is under my nickname, where I post all of my stuff. That way, if a job requires lookin' at my facebook they won't get much.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 pm
Semok
I hate how so many jobs want your facebook or twitter and such. Luckily, I thought ahead of time and have 2 facebook accounts. One is under my real name, which I hardly ever get on, and the other is under my nickname, where I post all of my stuff. That way, if a job requires lookin' at my facebook they won't get much.

they mostly want linkedin, but my linkedin is completely professional.

But it's because they're technology companies so they want to see that you use technology, or social media...ecetera.  
River of Polls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff