Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:07 am
Welcome!

So I'm a big fan of lists. They are a fun way to tell about stuff you care about and it doesn't need to be all serious and official. I would love to see what the creative minds in AGA can come up with.

So what are we competing?
1. There's a random number contest. If you get the number, you'll get something nice. I'll generate new number when ever some one wins the last one as long as this game is on.
2. After the summer, around 15th-17th of August, I'll pick three most entertaining and/or educating lists and give them something special.

How to participate?:
- Post/chat as much as you like. You can post as many 5 point lists as you want.
- Don't forget to generate the random number! Select Post action: Random number and set it from 0 to 200.

And remember, when in doubt, just ask!  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:08 am
The random number game!

The number to aim for is: 40

When you get it, quote or PM me and let me know!

Winners:
None so far  

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:09 am
The List contest:

Post a list of something what you think we should all know about. It can be anything from making a proper cup of tea to quantum physics. It doesn't have to be all facts and serious stuff, it can be also something funny. Remember, you can post as many lists as you want!

The contests runs until start of august. On August, I'll select three posts and give them something special. I don't know exactly what, since I'll try to see if I'm able to give something from the winners wishlist.

Winners:
None yet. Decided around august.  
Lilygwen generated a random number between 0 and 200 ... 40!
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:35 am
gaia_nitemareleft

So, I'll post the first list to let you know what I mean. I'll also generate the number for the contest.

Five things you should know about Finns:
1. At times, we are so polite, that foreigners think that we are rude. For example, we don't talk with strangers in the bus because we think it might bother the other one and Finns don't like to bother other people with their stuff.

2. We take off our shoes when we come inside to a house. It's considered to be very impolite to walk around with your outdoor shoes indoors.

3. We've invented the drying cabinet (debate still ongoing with the swedes) for dishes and are apparently one of the few countries where it's pretty much a norm to have one in your kitchen. If we wash dishes by hand, we put them up into a open cabinet to dry. We don't leave them on the counter or dry them with cloths. It's pretty handy by the way.

4. We like to be punctual and being late from some where is considered to be rude, especially if the other one waiting you is not your good friend. By late I mean more than 10 to 15 minutes. In work surroundings, few minutes is allowed but it still creates atmosphere of annoyance.

5. We despise and love Swedes, our neighbors. What ever contests it is, if we beat Swedes, then we've pretty much won the whole thing. Even if you don't usually watch ice hockey (which is pretty much our national sport) you will, if it's between Swedes and Finns. If the countries would be people, then Swedes would be the annoyingly successful bigger brother and the Finns would be the little brother who tries really hard to show off that they can do stuff too! heart

gaia_angelright

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
sandrock_buck generated a random number between 0 and 200 ... 29!

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:36 pm
Five Things You Should Know About US Navy Submarines:
1. We are the only military force in the world that allows enlisted personnel to maintain and operate it's nuclear reactors.

2. When an SSBN class submarine goes out on deployment, it becomes the third most powerful nuclear power in the world.

3. When you arrive at BES (Basic Enlisted Submarine School), you are given a psychiatric exam to test whether or not you are crazy. You must be crazy to pass said test.

4. The submarine fleet is the only place where you are required to qualify for a warfare device. Failing to qualify will result in you being transferred to the surface fleet (Or as we like to call them, "Targets").

5. About midway through a deployment, a submarine has what's called a "Halfway Night", that usually takes over the course of a weekend. During said weekend, personnel not on watch will partake in time honored traditions such as the Pie Auction (The cooks of the boat make whipped cream pies and auction them off to be thrown at people. ANYONE can be a target.) and Corn on the COB (Someone pours of a LARGE can of creamed corn onto the COB, who is the highest ranked enlisted member on the boat.). Also, a LOT of pranks happen over the course of this event, more so than usual.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:21 am
Jonstalker62
1. We are the only military force in the world that allows enlisted personnel to maintain and operate it's nuclear reactors.

2. When an SSBN class submarine goes out on deployment, it becomes the third most powerful nuclear power in the world.

3. When you arrive at BES (Basic Enlisted Submarine School), you are given a psychiatric exam to test whether or not you are crazy. You must be crazy to pass said test.

4. The submarine fleet is the only place where you are required to qualify for a warfare device. Failing to qualify will result in you being transferred to the surface fleet (Or as we like to call them, "Targets").

5. About midway through a deployment, a submarine has what's called a "Halfway Night", that usually takes over the course of a weekend. During said weekend, personnel not on watch will partake in time honored traditions such as the Pie Auction (The cooks of the boat make whipped cream pies and auction them off to be thrown at people. ANYONE can be a target.) and Corn on the COB (Someone pours of a LARGE can of creamed corn onto the COB, who is the highest ranked enlisted member on the boat.). Also, a LOT of pranks happen over the course of this event, more so than usual.

gaia_nitemareleft

Oh wow, this was really interesting! I'm intrigued to know, how long are you under water when you are deployed out to the sea? Is it days or weeks even? Also, I was super excited about the "pie auction" part until I read 'till the end of the sentence. "Wow, you get to eat a pie and ... oh." rofl

gaia_angelright

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
MalteseAutoKat generated a random number between 0 and 200 ... 124!

MalteseAutoKat

Sparkly Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:54 am
Five things you should know about Southern Women...

1) We can cook like chef's!: Don't let what others say fool you. We don't just fry things. For example, I can whip up a Japanese or German style meal anytime you'd ask me.
2) We are passionate, caring, and have VOLATILE tempers once that fuse is lit.
3) We would rather wear jeans than a dress.
4) We work hard and play harder. XDD
5) We will protect the ones we love before ourselves.  
great salt lake generated a random number between 0 and 200 ... 149!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:30 am
five things to know about Mexico or Mexicans

1- the richest person in the world resides in Mexico
2- not all people in Mexico speak Spanish
3- many parts of Mexico are quite beautiful and look like a paradise
4- Mexico is not overrun with gangs like many think
5- Mexico has multiple volcano's

just Google it to learn more

great salt lake

Wealthy Gaian

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:41 am
SmittysBride
Five things you should know about Southern Women...

1) We can cook like chef's!: Don't let what others say fool you. We don't just fry things. For example, I can whip up a Japanese or German style meal anytime you'd ask me.
2) We are passionate, caring, and have VOLATILE tempers once that fuse is lit.
3) We would rather wear jeans than a dress.
4) We work hard and play harder. XDD
5) We will protect the ones we love before ourselves.

gaia_nitemareleft

I just love it how well this goes with your signature! xd So you are a downtown Abbey fan?

gaia_angelright

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:58 am
gaia_nitemareleft

Hey, this is awesome! Keep 'em coming! Remember, you can also post without the list if you want. Just remember to generate the random number to participate into the contest!

Here's another new list for you from me:

Five things you should know about owning a cat:
1. Indoor cats are as long investment as children are. Many can live up to 20 years with good care.

2. Cats like to have company and are not as solitary animals as most think. They usually become attached to one person (mostly the one who gives the food) but do like to have others to play with.

3. Just like with other animals, cats don't behave badly on purpose to annoy you. Mostly their unwanted behaviour is coming from boredom. Keep 'em entertained with cat stuff and you have a healthy and happy cat!

4. Cats who are not used with small children do not see them as people. They see them as odd sounding and smelling short stuff and can be really freaked out by them. For the children's sake, don't leave kids and cats together unattended if they are not used to each other.

5. Cats are in the end animals. They have their own behaviour code and if you want to understand your cat more, I suggest you get to know some basic few things. (squinting the eyes means that they like you / don't mean harm to you, if their tail is up when they are walking around they are feeling happy/confident/curious etc.)

gaia_angelright

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
pormal nerson generated a random number between 1 and 200 ... 53!

pormal nerson

Anxious Informer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:52 pm
5 things you should do every once in awhile.

1. have a nice, long, uninterrupted sleep.
2. go for a walk in a nature trail.
3. draw a picture. color. whatever, just e artistic every once in a while.
4. call your parents.
5. send "thinking of you" cards  
pormal nerson generated a random number between 0 and 200 ... 176!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:04 pm
5 things you should know about working with your co-workers.

1. there are alot of complainers out there. dont be one of them.
2. always smile at people and be nice.
3. dont trust your co-workers. dont ever relax too much around them.
4. dont put everything on your co-worker, and if your co-worker tries to put all the work on you, let them know youre serious about your job by telling them your running out of time, so-and-so needs to get done, ect.
5. share something with them every once in awhile. or give them a card on their birthday, sometimes its just nice to be appreciated. and it feels good to share!  

pormal nerson

Anxious Informer

great salt lake generated a random number between 0 and 200 ... 93!

great salt lake

Wealthy Gaian

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:29 am
the five things about all people regardless of where we come from

we are born into life
we struggle in life
we live in this life
we age in this life
we die in this life  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:23 pm
Jonstalker62

whoot! Whoot! Thanks for your protection while I was on deployment! ( i know it probably wasn't you) Trying to become a "target" again. lol  

morikoarina2

Fashionable Businesswoman

9,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers