Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Tragedy and Discomfort

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
  Disturbing Potion
View Results

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:45 am
Warning: the content of this post is quite disturbing.

So, a friend of mine had a stillbirth. Unendingly tragic.
But she's been posting pictures of herself and her husband with their dead baby. The first one was really shocking and disturbing and now she's posted two or three more.

I can't tell her to stop. This is her coping method.
But.
It's a ******** corpse. Discolored and clearly dead.
People keep posting nice things in response to the picture... her husband's family is super religious so there's a lot of stuff in that vein...

No pictures of human corpses on my facebook, please gonk  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:19 am
Just block her post for a bit so they don't show up on your wall.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:25 am
Yeah, I went and cautiously scrolled through my feed and hid the images. And told FB why I was doing so... hopefully a few others do that. I know two friends who've mentioned being disturbed...  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:29 pm
I'm not a corpse or dead.

Zombies still have living cells in their brains, meaning they are technically still alive. Your not dead unless everything in the body has died. Zombies still have cells still functioning in their brains. So they are practically not dead....mostly dead but not completely since the brain still lives.  

Zombie Girl Ali

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:34 pm
Zombie Girl Ali
I'm not a corpse or dead.

Zombies still have living cells in their brains, meaning they are technically still alive. Your not dead unless everything in the body has died. Zombies still have cells still functioning in their brains. So they are practically not dead....mostly dead but not completely since the brain still lives.
And since the brain is the only organ responsible for us experiencing everything and all that and seeing and hearing anything and all that weirdness, maybe zombies are not that different afterall. Still have a functioning brain. That's why you can't kill them unless of course shoot in head.

That'll take away their entire visual and experience and all that, so don't shoot us in head. sad  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:37 pm
Thats why in the movie Zombies Anonymous, some of them are smart and stuff and put metal plates installed in their head around their brain that way if someone shoots them in head, it won't work. Soo smart. Also claiming they are the next step in evolution since they are immortal.  

Zombie Girl Ali

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:11 pm
That doesn't seem like a very healthy way of copin', though who am I to judge?

I must say, that is a sort of loss I could never truly understand, especially if it is a birth that is intended and met with enthusiasm.

Nonetheless, that is somethin' I would also not wish to witness, regardless of my sympathies. While I can understand trying to get one's feelin's out there, facebook does not seem like the place for that magnitude and personal type of event.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:21 pm
Oh my that is shocking. My sister miscarried at about 3 and a half months and the nurses took pictures of the dead infant,took his handprints,and wrapped him in a blue blanket. But a full term still born baby i can not even....wow I hope she and her husband hets through this loss succesfully.  

BadDecisionz

Sparkling Kitten

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:51 am
that seems disturbing to me... and honestly, i wouldn't know how to respond if anyone i knew did that. like you can't really says congrats on the beautiful dead baby but saying a sorry for your loss seems a bit out of place if they're taking family photos. and i get taking pictures. the act itself could be one of coping because that was your baby and a stillbirth at full term of a desired baby is horribly sad. and i can understand wanting to have a few private pictures to remember the event and to remember what could have been. but putting them publicly online is where my line is drawn. a status would have done just fine. i dont think anyone needs to actually see those sort of photos.  
River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games