[PRP] Open Your Eyes (Lengidökk and Wingu) FIN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:44 pm
If Lengidökk could hear Wingu's thoughts, he almost certainly would've shaken his head at how wrong the other was. But, mindreading was no skill of his, and he had only the observations of his own senses to rely on.

The striped male's eyes widened at Wingu's sudden supposition. It seemed to run counter to his domain, for the god of colors to be blind, but who were they to dispute the will of Mkodi? He decided he wasn't going to touch that subject, not if he could help it.

"I honestly don't know," Lengi replied to the direct question. "The winter solstice is more than just what you see. It's the longest, darkest day of the year, the complete opposite in every way of the summer solstice. It's also the rituals and traditions that have arisen. Not seeing the sun set and rise on that day would change very little of how I perceive and value my domain."

In other words, their domains were completely different and Lengi really had no further ideas on how he could help Wingu. Aside from maybe being a friend.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:20 pm
Wingu couldn't help but chuckle a bit.

"I suppose my question was a bit too literal," he admitted. "Considering your domain is more philosophical. I can understand what you're getting at though. I think... I think I'm close to understanding why I'm like this, though."

At this, Wingu stood and paced in the direction the wind was blowing in from. He cast his empty gaze up to the sky, which was now growing steadily darker. The clouds were being blown aside so that the tiny stars that began to creep in with the darkness could twinkle softly.

"Something is telling me that I'm blind for a reason. Not as a punishment, not as a blessing, but..." It was right on the tip of his tongue!

Gene Wilder

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:52 pm
Lengi shrugged, then mentally cursed because of course Wingu couldn't see it. Then, clearing his throat gently, he spoke.

"I honestly don't know, but I'll hope that you're right and there is some ulterior motive, some greater purpose to your blindness," he told the other god.

"Just make me a promise," Lengidökk continued with a grin. "Tell me what it is, when you figure it out?" He was quite fascinated, even if unwilling to pry too deeply into what was obviously a painful subject, and genuinely intrigued by the idea that this was part of a master plan.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:44 pm
Lengi's interruption made Wingu come back to reality a little. The lion turned back to the friendly god, and couldn't help but crack a smile.

"I'm sorry about all this," he admitted. "Being alone for so long with just my thoughts, well... y-you understand. You can only converse with yourself for so long before you need a second opinion!"

He fully turned to face the other god now, not noticing the beginnings of what looked like some strange glowing serpent in the sky. It had no head or tail, yet it danced around the velvety blue stage in all its purple and gold glory.

"I will. First I need to find out what it is," Wingu chuckled, rubbing his head with a paw.

Gene Wilder

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:06 pm
The striped god grinned. "I do understand. If you keep talking to yourself, after a while you'll go crazy!" And not always in a good way, though Lengi had spoken in a fairly cheerful tone. The winter solstice was often used as a time to remember those who had died in the past year...and sometimes those who went mad before they could see the light. Sad, but true. Even a god could be driven mad, much to the despair of the mortals nearest.

"I'm guessing you may need some time alone, with fewer interruptions to figure that out," Lengi supposed aloud. "Should I leave you to it?" he offered. He didn't want to just up and leave, especially when Wingu couldn't even see him do it, but he was getting the feeling that they'd said all that needed to be said for the time being. On the other hand, if the colorful god wanted him to stay, who was he to refuse?  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:30 pm
"No!" The god reached out a paw, in case Lengi had already begun to leave. He felt around the ground, making sure the other god was still there.
"I mean, er... well, it's been a long time since I conversed with anyone," he began sheepishly. "It's a nice feeling, knowing you're not completely alone." Wingu flashed a hopeful smile. "Besides, I'll have plenty of time to think about my situation later. And once I figure it out, I'll keep you up to date. Is that alright?"

The god couldn't help but smile wider as he felt a warmth rekindle itself in his chest. It was tiny, but it was there. How many years had passed since he last felt this? Either way, he felt glad it hadn't disappeared completely.

Gene Wilder

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:39 pm
"I'm sure you will," Lengidökk agreed with another smile that Wingu couldn't see. He liked making friends and was quite sure that a new bond had been forged here today. And he wasn't lying - he did want to know how the other god was doing and progressing with his problem.

"But I don't want to overstay my welcome," the striped male pointed out. He didn't want to intrude too much on Wingu, nor demand attention that the other god could best apply elsewhere.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:22 pm
"Hmm... perhaps you're right," he said after a moment. "After all, I'm sure we've both got things to attend to." He gave a nod to the other god, and stood up. "And if I stay here any longer, I'll turn into a rock!" He gave a light laugh at that.

The two gods exchanged their farewells, and as Wingu began on his descent from the mountainous haven, he thought back on the meeting. It was nice to interact with gods like Lengidökk, he thought. The male clambered over some rocky slopes, his silvery liquid acting as a pathfinder for him. Perhaps he would discover the milk of mortal kindness, as well. He gave a firm nod at this; that's what he would do. He would rediscover his importance as a god.

FIN

Gene Wilder

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas