Welcome to Gaia! ::

( guildy)╬[The Empire of Gaia]╬

Back to Guilds

█▓░ FREE GOLDS GIVING ░▓█ Win Million of Gold & Cash 

Tags: Linkin Park,Twilight, Free Golds,Friends Girls boys,Love,Games, Avatars,Items,Shop,Market,Music,Sport, Poll,Bump,Guildy,Naruto, Zomg,Art,Writing,Arena 

Reply [1]@ Guildy ®
Why is everything so expensive???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady_Sapphomet

Dangerous Genius

9,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:19 pm
Seriously!! There's a lot of items in the marketplace that used to only be in the thousands, now they're in the millions!! Most of the items I own and that I have equipped went way way up since I bought them.

Fox Tail - I got for about 20k, and now it's almost 800k in the marketplace.
Fox Ears - I got for about 15k, and now they're up to 1.5k (although they were over 1mil a few days ago).
Baby Murlop - I got this item for...I think about 20k. Now? Current lowest buy price is nearly 9mil.
Gwee - I remember when he was only 80k average; when I finally got him it was about 100k, and now he's over 15mil.
Summoning Tome - When I got my 2 Summoning Tomes, they were around 400k-450k each. Now they're nearly 7mil.
Death Whisper (10th Gen) - I believe I got this one for about 750k, maybe less. Either way, this particular generation of Death Whispers is just over 59.5mil.
Ebony Sewell - (Currently don't have equipped.) I got this horse item for about 12k. Its price now? Over 1mil.

This is just an example of certain items that have skyrocketed through the roof in terms of marketplace prices. So what's with that? Why is everything so expensive suddenly?  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:35 pm
It's because of the release of gold generating items like Flynn's booty or divinity's reach that grants you up too 100 mil gold. With that much gold injected into the marketplace, almost all the price of each item increases drastically. As a lot of people are buying it the Flynn's booty, they've become excessively rich so other users take advantage of this by selling items at a much higher price because they know the rich users will be able to afford it.

Right now, having 1 million gold is like having 10,000 gold in the past.  

Nottoolatetothink

Liberal Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:37 am
Which stinks because those of us who can't afford to get Gaia Cash get left behind and are poor as a result, given those gold generating items that cause people to get rich fast costs gaia cash. The amount I have now would have been considered rich back when I started. But now it is considered poor since I still can't afford anything I want since all the prices have gone up. It has also taken a very long time to build up the amount I have because I can't afford to get Gaia Cash consistently.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:05 pm
It is kinda ridiculous how expensive everything is...  

sadsally514

Divine Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Noble Shade 100

Lady_Sapphomet

Dangerous Genius

9,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:02 pm
CrissAngelLover12345
Which stinks because those of us who can't afford to get Gaia Cash get left behind and are poor as a result, given those gold generating items that cause people to get rich fast costs gaia cash. The amount I have now would have been considered rich back when I started. But now it is considered poor since I still can't afford anything I want since all the prices have gone up. It has also taken a very long time to build up the amount I have because I can't afford to get Gaia Cash consistently.

Yeah, I currently have over 47mil gold from just selling less than 10 items at the current avg. buy price. Having that much 'back in the day' would mean you were mega, super, ultra rich. But having it now? Comparing it to back then, it's like having 4,700 gold...
I really wish Gaia would stop producing these ridiculous gold-generating items, and I hope they eventually put a stop to it, and maybe put a cap on how much to sell certain items in the marketplace (basically not x-amount higher than the store price, etc.) and in hopes, everything dying down to how it used to be.
I'd stop using Gaia but my friend and I write RPs through PMs on here.
I'm glad I got the 4 uber expensive items I have now when I did....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:03 pm
The cost of everything is getting so high now. Only a few months ago the items you would have bought with a few million have skyrocketed up in the mp. Just wondering, what is considered a good amount of gold now? A few hundred millions or a few billions? At least we've had gold sinks recently that got rid of trillions of gold. crying  

Amaterasu-chan20

Divine Sex Symbol

11,425 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Magical Girl 50

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:39 am
Twilit Shadow Wolf Demon
CrissAngelLover12345

Yeah, I currently have over 47mil gold from just selling less than 10 items at the current avg. buy price. Having that much 'back in the day' would mean you were mega, super, ultra rich. But having it now? Comparing it to back then, it's like having 4,700 gold...
I really wish Gaia would stop producing these ridiculous gold-generating items, and I hope they eventually put a stop to it, and maybe put a cap on how much to sell certain items in the marketplace (basically not x-amount higher than the store price, etc.) and in hopes, everything dying down to how it used to be.
I'd stop using Gaia but my friend and I write RPs through PMs on here.
I'm glad I got the 4 uber expensive items I have now when I did....

I only have a little over 400k.. It took me many years to build up this much due to not being able to afford to get Gaia Cash, so I don't have very many high valued items I could sell. And what few I have, I want to keep, considering I generally only bought things I wanted, both with what little bit of GC I did buy and with my gaia gold. I have had to mostly rely on daily chances to get the gold, as well as posting in forums/guilds, the gold they give for surfing, etc.

I also hope they eventually put caps on the market place on how much things can be sold for and stop with the money generating items. Gaia complained about the inflation, and are going about trying to fix it in all the wrong ways.. I saw that many people suggested exactly what we are saying they should do when they were thinking about raising the "tax" on the marketplace to try to fix it. But they went with raising the "tax" instead of the suggestions that would have helped. >.<

I too would stop using gaia, but there are several friends that I can only talk to on here, and the few guilds and forums that I am a member of that are still active are about all that are keeping me coming back.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:00 pm
This is ridiculous.
I haven't been on gaia in a SUPER long time.
Like a lot has changed. I'm back now because I'm home with nothing better to do.
I finished college and currently stopped working because I'm expecting yum_puddi ,
So I was bored enough to get on gaia.
I saw that my angelic pendant alone is now being sold for billions! I got it for like a few million a long time ago and i worked really hard to save up for it. Now it looks like I'll never be able to buy anything ever again on gaia with these prices.
Welp. neutral  

SMOOCHERS

9,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:43 am
SMOOCHERS
This is ridiculous.
I haven't been on gaia in a SUPER long time.
Like a lot has changed. I'm back now because I'm home with nothing better to do.
I finished college and currently stopped working because I'm expecting yum_puddi ,
So I was bored enough to get on gaia.
I saw that my angelic pendant alone is now being sold for billions! I got it for like a few million a long time ago and i worked really hard to save up for it. Now it looks like I'll never be able to buy anything ever again on gaia with these prices.
Welp. neutral

Aww, congratulations! heart

Yeah, it is insane how expensive things have gotten. >.< I'm glad I bought some of the items I have when I did because there would be no way I could afford them now. Even with selling my extra panthercorax agate for a little more than the average sell price, I am still probably considered poor in comparison to what is rich now.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:01 pm
ueffgp924rtihk5
It's because of the release of gold generating items like Flynn's booty or divinity's reach that grants you up too 100 mil gold. With that much gold injected into the marketplace, almost all the price of each item increases drastically. As a lot of people are buying it the Flynn's booty, they've become excessively rich so other users take advantage of this by selling items at a much higher price because they know the rich users will be able to afford it.

Right now, having 1 million gold is like having 10,000 gold in the past.

omfg youre right...jeezus.....I want an ancient katana so badly but its impossible to get....  

Kani-san

Lonely Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Shaemie

Liberal Visionary

15,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100