Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Recycle Bin
The Tales Series Guild Market Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is there an item you think should be sold off to add to ordering funds?
  Yes - Please post which one(s)!
  No
  Just yoinking a bit of gold off this poll...
View Results

Tales of Treasury
Crew

Dedicated Guildsman

10,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:53 pm
Welcome to our Guild Market, where we're opening our treasury of items exclusively
to all of you members of the Tales Series Guild, at discounted prices!

Interested? Then by all means, read on!

TERMS AND GUIDELINES

We reserve the right to not allow you any higher discounts if we observe that you've only been posting in the word game threads in order to reach the higher discount tiers quickly. This isn't to say we're discouraging you from posting there entirely, but we built this system of incentives for the purpose of spurring substantial activity like starting threads and discussion among one another.

Of course, mind the Guild Rules while posting. We'll also not allow you any higher discounts if you're mostly spamming.
Excessive spamming will eventually earn you enough violations to be removed from the guild entirely, anyway.

You may only buy one item a week. Please understand, this is to ensure the stock doesn't run out too quickly, and that other members have a shot at the items they want. There is also the option to reserve an item, which is further explained in the fourth post.

Pure Gold payment is not the only option here. We're willing to negotiate item trades or a combination of items and Gold payment here in this thread. After all, it'll help keep the treasury stocked. However, the only Gold Shop items eligible for use in negotiation are the ones from
Loyal`s Bazaar that are over 100,000 Gold, and Dernier Cri items.

We also reserve the right to refuse the sale/giveaway of an item if we're starting to perceive behavior that aims to drain the treasury. Again, please understand that we're this rigid because don't want the stock to run out too quickly. We are also admittedly a little paranoid about vendors and exchangers finding out about this system and ruining it for everybody. Those without such advantages and non-cash spenders have it tough enough already! sweatdrop

Last but not least, we ask that you do not spread word of this practice. We want people joining this guild because of their enthusiasm for the Tales series, not people who'll only end up trying to take advantage of the system (the aforementioned vendors and exchangers, for example). Hence why we addressed the cheating potential of the Forum Games subforum and dropped reminders against spamming.

If you've any questions about something we've failed to address, you're very welcome to ask them here! 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:56 pm
DISCOUNT TIERS

That's right, after making just a single post, you are already entitled to a discount! But as you show your activeness and
dedication by way of none other than posting more and participating in conversation and discussion, that discount can grow!

The following are the milestones for each percentage.
You can check how close you are by going into the Memberlist and inputting your username in the search box.

1 - 100 posts: 10%
150 posts: 15%
200 posts: 20%
250 posts: 25%
300 posts: 30%
350 posts: 35%
400 posts: 40%
450 posts: 45%
500 posts: 50%
550 posts: 55%
600 posts: 60%
650 posts: 65%
700 posts: 70%
750 posts: 75%
800 posts: 80%
850 posts: 85%
900 posts: 90%
950+ posts: 95%

BIRTHDAY BONUS
Whenever your birthday rolls around, you may pick ONE item to receive for FREE!
You may also buy up to two more items at a 99% discount!
(If you have not yet told us your birthday, please do so here if you don't mind sharing it.
We need to know when your birthday is before we'll allow you to claim your bonus, of course.)

Tales of Treasury
Crew

Dedicated Guildsman

10,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Informer 100

Tales of Treasury
Crew

Dedicated Guildsman

10,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:58 pm
THE ITEM POOL

As you can see, it's pretty huge. We don't have a lot of time to constantly update icons and links (not to mention, it'd be tedious as hell User Image), so here's how this is going to work. Specify the item you're interested in and we'll look up the Marketplace link. If you don't know the name of the item, specify its place on the grid (that's what the numbers and letters around the edge are for).

And don't sweat it, we'll do the discount calculations for you.

Your choice might be identified as a Bargain Bin item, for which discounts don't apply to, so it must be paid in full.
Fortunately, it may be going for under 10,000,000 Gold on the Marketplace at the time, and that's why it's a Bargain Bin item.

User Image

THE SPECIAL POOL

Sorry, but these items are non-claimable by Birthday Bonus. Why? Well, we'd like to ensure everyone is on equal standing when it comes to aiming for these goodies. Not to mention, we hope this would provide encouragement to climb the Discount Tiers.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:14 pm
GoFusion Charm Stock

User Image x 516
User Image x 120
User Image x 21
User Image x27
User Image x20

If there is a GoFusion item you want that's not in our pool, we may be able to craft it for you.
Provided it does not exceed the current available stock and that you're able to pay for it, of course.
Marketplace values will be used to determine your payment, and discounts still apply.

RESERVATIONS

If you want an item but can't immediately pay up, you can request to have it reserved. We'll hold it until you're able to.
You may only reserve one item at a time, and cannot reserve an item if you bought another one in the same day.
There will be neither a time limit for reserving nor a limit as to how many people can reserve items.
But on one condition: You cannot reserve an item with the intent of getting it for free/with the 99% discount on your birthday.
Of course, if you're no longer interested in the item, you can cancel your reservation.

(currently no reservations)

Tales of Treasury
Crew

Dedicated Guildsman

10,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Informer 100

Tales of Treasury
Crew

Dedicated Guildsman

10,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:53 am
**GOLD-EARNING TIPS**

With Gaia's recent business practices giving birth to this majorly screwed-up economy that unfortunately puts much of the value of our Market's items in the millions (or even billions), we're pretty sure you're wondering how to make a fairly significant amount of gold for free. Here, we outline a few of the ways we've figured out, and hope they're of some help. They're arranged according to effort and cost, and are subject to change if ever Gaia makes any updates relating to them.

Above all, patience.
You'll find that the suggestions that follow after tend to be time-consuming and tedious. That's the catch for wanting to spare your real-life money.

To make it more tolerable to get through, keep in mind that there is no need to rush and do it all at once! It is true that prices on the Marketplace tend to mostly rise, but in the meantime, perhaps you can work your way up the Discount Tiers so that you can purchase items from the Guild Market at a more comfortable price.

Daily Chance
This feature is worth keeping on because, in case you missed the announcement about it,
Gaia has significantly increased the gold payouts. Sometimes you could get 1 million gold (or more) in total now!

And not only might you find User Image, but also User Image and User Image! Though it's still pretty rare, User Image occasionally pop out.

The items that are miniscule in sellback value may seem unsatisfying, but over time, it really adds up. Let those Fishing Baits accumulate for some months, and you'll find yourself gaining 10,000+ Gold when selling them out of your inventory. Even junk such as the crumpled papers and flowers that comes from Towns have value, which will be elaborated upon in another tip.

But keep a lookout—there are a handful of items that are low on sellback but higher on market value
because they're either used in Alchemy or the rare ones of their class. These include:
Langer the Dragon Plush, some pieces in the Bowling sets,
pieces in the Pink/Green/Yellow Edwardian sets, some of the pieces in the Glittering Carnival sets,
the Orange/Blue/Magenta Bedouin pieces, and Orange/Blue/Magenta Sultan Turbans.

These Alchemy components are also known to spawn:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

GoFusion
At first glance it looks like a feature designed to milk money out of users, but it's actually turned out to be pretty lucrative for non-cash spenders thanks to the frequency of charm drops from the Daily Chance. Even the items that require simply 10 or more Heart Charms can nab you tens of millions off the Marketplace. And if you're patient enough to eventually accumulate 100-250 Heart Charms, you can redeem them for a Chance Item, which will usually sell for a few billion! Having some mules (alternate accounts) on hand helps.

Dumpster Dive (and Philosopher's Caches)
Milking this feature nowadays is kind of worth it. (How do you think the Treasury accumulated what it has? wink ) Some of the absurdly rich have actually been so kind as to dump items that can net you a few hundred thousand or even a few million if you list them on the Marketplace. You might get lucky!

Philosopher's Caches (which the dumpster seems to be overflowing with occasionally) aren't entirely worthless either.

From User Image, you can pick out User Image to immediately sell back for 10,000 Gold. From User Image, User Image sells for 5,000 Gold each.

Sometimes, a Heart Charm might pop out!

Of course, as a side effect, their value has dropped by a lot. The only ones remotely worth selling as is are:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
The rest fluctuate around the 900 to under 10,000 range, in case you might think that's still worth the effort of listing.
Or, if you don't mind taking the time to look things up, you might find that certain components themselves are worth more than the Cache.
This guide, complete with images and Marketplace links, is a good resource to refer to.

Otherwise, they're still worth hoarding, as they'll come in handy for the next tip.

The cooldown time between dives is exactly 5 minutes.

Gaia Item Alchemy
The Captain herself has given this system a shot, and in her journey to Level 10 has actually found it a pretty profitable activity.
She's coming up with a guide where she expands upon her findings and gives her concise advice.
It's still under construction, but this spot will be updated when it's ready. Keep a lookout!

Booty Grab
According to this staff update, you can now earn a maximum of 500,000 gold a day.
Browse the Aquarium forum; there's always bound to be a glowing tank.

Gaia Fishing
You'd be surprised at how much fish sell for on the Marketplace nowadays.
Especially if you're patient enough to accumulate enough low-tier fish to exchange for higher-tier fish.
Durem Reclamation fish sell for the most, and the three kinds of Tuna from Port of Gambino can go for a few million.

Junk Collecting in Towns
Since the junk items found in Towns have become Alchemy ingredients, they've gained a steep increase in value.

Great examples include:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

All Ink (except Brown) sell for surprisingly decent too, so if you don't mind taking the time to hoard them, save them bugs to squish into ink.

These are very VERY rarely seen bugs, but they're obviously really worth the trouble of catching if you happen to spot one!
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

zOMG!
The loot and items crafted from Recipes from Gaia's MMO (that is sadly stuck in development hell, but still running) are also used in Alchemy, so their value has gone up as well. Not to mention, you might be surprised how much gold you may accumulate while you're farming.

It's been announced that it's going to shut down for maintenance soon, but this tip certainly still applies while it's open, and once it opens back up.

Random Events
It seems Random Events kind of happen at an increased rate lately. Sort of. Ever since they became ingredients
toward crafting Golden Magical Giftboxes and Alchemist's Cases, User Image, User Image, User Image, User Image have been subject to a nice increase in value.

But best of all are User Image because they apparently have a chance of spawning the items needed to craft backwings from the Alchemy feature. Furthermore, Blue Magical Giftboxes might also grant Heart Charms! But since the odds are most likely very slim, it's advisable not to push your luck and just sell the things on the spot.

And of course, just open User Image immediately. Grants as large as 100,000,000 have been reported!

Aquarium
All it needs is a bare minimum of one fish living in there for the clam to open up and give a Daily Reward. Most of the time it gives small amounts of gold, sometimes it gives an item that can be sold for 100-1000+ gold. Sometimes it might give out Angel Imp Potions, which have an immediate sellback value of 12,000. It sometimes might also give out Random Event boxes, including the Blue Magical Giftbox and Enchanted Golden Trunk.

And then there's these items, which have also received a sharp increase in value since they became Alchemy ingredients:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image are also known to spawn the Alchemy components that are granted by the Daily Chance. They're rare drops, but if you have the patience to hoard and raise tankfuls of any kind of Lite fish (that may also spawn from the Daily Chance), accumulating them is worth it.

~~~

Feel free to suggest any more that you know of, provided they don't abuse the system in some way, because that could get you banned off Gaia entirely. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. To clarify on the subject of mule accounts, here's a statement from former staff member Uncle Kenny as reference:

Quote:
Regular account activity and trading back and forth between mule/main accounts is just fine, nothing has changed in that regard. The new part of the TOS is there so that if someone creates 2000 brand spanking new accounts for the sole purpose of getting the gold from the new user quest (don't doubt it), dumping it all into a main account, and then abandoning all those 2000 accounts, we can smack them and say "Hey, that's not cool, you're abusing the system by using it in a manner that it was not intended to be used in, it even says right here in the TOS [link]". This isn't to stop people from using mules for events or daily chance or anything like that, it's just so that we have something to refer to when someone decides to go way overboard.

(Quote found here.)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:15 am
Tales of Treasury

How would like us to do this? Do you want me to post here or would you rather a pm?  

Stealthy Matsuda

Invisible Rogue

9,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100

Tales of Treasury
Crew

Dedicated Guildsman

10,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:00 pm
Stealthy Matsuda
Tales of Treasury

How would like us to do this? Do you want me to post here or would you rather a pm?

Either is fine. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:04 pm
Lady Trombone

Um, just for the record, I tried to reply to your PM but you have it set to Friends Only. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.; Anyway, you request has been sent. 3nodding  

Tales of Treasury
Crew

Dedicated Guildsman

10,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Informer 100

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:22 pm
Is that an Overgrown City I spy, in B-16? May I have that as my birthday gift, please? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:29 pm
Jishin
Is that an Overgrown City I spy, in B-16? May I have that as my birthday gift, please? mrgreen

Sure thing! Sending it over by trade just to be sure I don't mess up in the gifting process. xd  

Tales of Treasury
Crew

Dedicated Guildsman

10,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Informer 100

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:44 pm
Tales of Treasury
Sure thing! Sending it over by trade just to be sure I don't mess up in the gifting process. xd

Awesome, thank you! ^_^ Ooh, now to make a cool explore-y avatar to go with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:13 am
If you ever see someone with Optimistic Heterochromic eyes could you please find out how much they are willing to sell it for, it's the last item I need for my Emil Castagnier avatar, Thank you (: .  

Stevoner

Dapper Genius

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:57 pm
*browsing through stuff*  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:43 pm
Stevoner
If you ever see someone with Optimistic Heterochromic eyes could you please find out how much they are willing to sell it for, it's the last item I need for my Emil Castagnier avatar, Thank you (: .

Yikes, that's something far beyond our ordering funds. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.; There seems to be only one on the market, and it's in this person`s store.

I'd say try posting in the Wanted forum, because more people might actually have it but not want to list it in the market. Hope your search goes well.

Tales of Treasury
Crew

Dedicated Guildsman

10,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Informer 100

DudeIsGenderNeutral

Naughty Chomper

12,375 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:16 pm
I'd like to get in on the Birthday 1-Free-2-99%-Off deal since today, September 17th, is, in fact, my birthday! whee

I'm not really sure what items I'd like, and I unfortunately don't know enough items by sight to know what half the item pool is. I'd love to go through the pool if at all possible so I can give money back to the guild 3nodding

Could I message a list of the ones on the grid that interesting to me so I can get the names and check them out or perhaps list them here?  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff