Oucyan
No one will play pendulum summoning at first. The mechanic is nice, but it's really slow. first off, you need to set aside cards in your main deck that have synergy with the deck itself to use the mechanic. secondly, you need to set up the scale correctly, and any monster in your hand that isn't in the range of the scale wont get summoned. for example, a scale of 1 and 8 means all monster from level 2 to 7 in your hand will get summoned. not the level 1's or 8's. further more, the pendulum monsters, when removed from the field, go face-up into your extra deck, so you can't even recycle them. finally, to the new rulings we will get which prohibit turn 1 players from drawing for turn, will further slow the mechanic down. There are some decent plays you can do, but it's literally summon everything and have nothing left if it fails. compared to that, soul charge is broken as ********, despite the Life Point loss if it's successful.

I hope ur right about it being slow. And Soul Charge is broken as ********. I think I'm gonna hafta modify some of my decks to include it. And there are ways to compensate for the LP loss from it. If you run healing cards in your deck then it can help compensate for it. At least Soul Charge doesn't have it's show effect cuz in the show you only lose 500 per monster (tho probably cuz they only start with 4000LP) and you can still perform attacks with monsters that weren't summoned by it in that turn meaning if it had it's show effect you could get around the not attacking with them by XYZing, Synchroing, or Fusing.