Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Simultaneous Both Players All 5 Exodia Pcs Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Kor Saiyajinkami generated a random number between 9001 and 9001 ... 9001!

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:12 pm
My Opponent and I Simultaneously Got all 5 Exodia Pieces at Once via him destroying my Emissary of the Afterlife when he knew we both had 4 pieces of Exodia in our hands. This is such a rare moment in YGO that both players simultaneously achieve a win condition at once. We must party like the world is ending at midnight.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:44 am
actually no. Both players did not win. Since he was Turn player (since he destroyed emisarry) he gets mandated priority to apply card effects that do not specfically activate like win conditions. You as player 2, then get to apply your Exodia win condition. But then it's too late, since exodia doesn't activate. he ended up winning. sorry. if exodia formed a chain, you as player 2 would have won though.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:36 am
Oucyan
actually no. Both players did not win. Since he was Turn player (since he destroyed emisarry) he gets mandated priority to apply card effects that do not specfically activate like win conditions. You as player 2, then get to apply your Exodia win condition. But then it's too late, since exodia doesn't activate. he ended up winning. sorry. if exodia formed a chain, you as player 2 would have won though.

Wrong. The effect of emissary would give both players the piece simultaneously causing a draw. The admin I discussed this with says it is a draw cuz of simultaneously gaining pc #5. Also every duelist that has seen this except you agrees that this is a draw from simultaneous obtaining pc #5. This was posted on Facebook, like 7 Guilds, and Chatterbox. About 10 duelists have seen and yet ur the only one that says he won. Are u an official Konami Judge sir? If you aren't then I'm gonna hafta use logic and say ur wrong.

Next you'll tell me that Hand Destruction and like cards let turn player draw first. Ur funny.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:06 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan

Wrong. The effect of emissary would give both players the piece simultaneously causing a draw. The admin I discussed this with says it is a draw cuz of simultaneously gaining pc #5. Also every duelist that has seen this except you agrees that this is a draw from simultaneous obtaining pc #5. This was posted on Facebook, like 7 Guilds, and Chatterbox. About 10 duelists have seen and yet ur the only one that says he won. Are u an official Konami Judge sir? If you aren't then I'm gonna hafta use logic and say ur wrong.

Next you'll tell me that Hand Destruction and like cards let turn player draw first. Ur funny.

First of all, Cards like Hand Destruction and Dark World Dealings do not allow the turn player to perform the actions first. You are right with that. But if both players draw Their last piece of exodia from said card, after said card resolves, turn player is declared the winner. This is taken from an actual ruling mind you. If both players draw their five cards for opening hand, and both players have all 5 pieces of exodia, neither player is declared the winner until the player who goes first resolves his draw phase. since the turn player has successfully resolved draw, both exodia's try to apply their win condition. Once again, turn player wins out. It is the same with fast effect timing, The turn player has priority to activate any speed spell 2 or higher card effects before his opponent during his turn only during an open game state. Say it is turn players main phase 1 and he has not done anything. The game state is open as the turn player has not activated a card or effect, or made a play. Player 2 can ask if the opponant has a spell speed 2 or higher effect they wish to activate, and if the turn player responds no, player 2 can activate set spells and traps. however, when player 2 does activate a spell or trap, priority returns to player 1. he can respond with a spell speed 2 or higher effect. if he does not, the chain returns to player 2, who can either activate another card in response to his own, or if he does not, his card resolves successfully and player 1 can nolonger respond. since exodia has no activation timing, and is just applied immeadiately after a resolving chain or card effect or phase (such as draw phase) the turn player must apply the effect of exodia first, as he has turn player priority. an established game mechanic different from the ignition effect priority players used to use to get around cards like bottomless with Judgment Dragon. Since win conditions do not start chains, turn player will always win with exodia on their turn, even if the opponent is applying a win condition at the same time (such as the last turn of final countdown, which clocks in between turns, after 1 players end phase is completely resolved but before another players turn even starts).

So unless you had an actual Konami judge rule that both players win, my logic beats yours. sorry.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:14 pm
Oucyan
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan

First of all, Cards like Hand Destruction and Dark World Dealings do not allow the turn player to perform the actions first. You are right with that. But if both players draw Their last piece of exodia from said card, after said card resolves, turn player is declared the winner. This is taken from an actual ruling mind you. If both players draw their five cards for opening hand, and both players have all 5 pieces of exodia, neither player is declared the winner until the player who goes first resolves his draw phase. since the turn player has successfully resolved draw, both exodia's try to apply their win condition. Once again, turn player wins out. It is the same with fast effect timing, The turn player has priority to activate any speed spell 2 or higher card effects before his opponent during his turn only during an open game state. Say it is turn players main phase 1 and he has not done anything. The game state is open as the turn player has not activated a card or effect, or made a play. Player 2 can ask if the opponant has a spell speed 2 or higher effect they wish to activate, and if the turn player responds no, player 2 can activate set spells and traps. however, when player 2 does activate a spell or trap, priority returns to player 1. he can respond with a spell speed 2 or higher effect. if he does not, the chain returns to player 2, who can either activate another card in response to his own, or if he does not, his card resolves successfully and player 1 can nolonger respond. since exodia has no activation timing, and is just applied immeadiately after a resolving chain or card effect or phase (such as draw phase) the turn player must apply the effect of exodia first, as he has turn player priority. an established game mechanic different from the ignition effect priority players used to use to get around cards like bottomless with Judgment Dragon. Since win conditions do not start chains, turn player will always win with exodia on their turn, even if the opponent is applying a win condition at the same time (such as the last turn of final countdown, which clocks in between turns, after 1 players end phase is completely resolved but before another players turn even starts).

So unless you had an actual Konami judge rule that both players win, my logic beats yours. sorry.

Actually ur logic uses priority and priority doesn't exist anymore so I think my logic beats urs actually.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:40 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan

Actually ur logic uses priority and priority doesn't exist anymore so I think my logic beats urs actually.

priority does exist. just not for ignition effects  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:44 pm
Oucyan
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan

U couldn't be more wrong. Priority no longer exists. They replaced it with Quick Effects.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:51 pm
Oucyan

I almost got pissed for a minute lol. I used to play since LOB and continued up until Synchros. Then I quit for a while and started playing again using synchros then quit after one of my friends who played with the newer stuff at the time beat me by having out 3-4 creatures turn 1 then turn two played some stupid big a** dragon that raped my face.

I used to win games because I understood the spell speed priority better than my friends did, which made them all stop playing for the most part. For a minute I was gonna say if they got rid of spell speeds I was glad that I quit when I did. This game has gotten kind of out of hand since I started playing though either way.  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:55 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan

U couldn't be more wrong. Priority no longer exists. They replaced it with Quick Effects.

Priority does exist. if i summon armegeddon knight, I have priority to use it's effect before you can respond with torrential. If I just ended my standby phase I have priority to use forbidden lance from my hand or set on my field to target a monster. Priority just means you, as turn player, have the right to activate a card or effect before your opponent in an open game state. The priority your thinking of was Ignition priority, such as summoning Judgment Dragon and using it's nuke effect before the opponent used bottomless/ torrential, which was completely illegal, as Ignition effects can only be used in an open game state, a monster being summoned is not an open game state. Please go to the official Konami Yugioh website and read the page on Fast Effect Timing.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:56 pm
Muse_of_the_Soul
Oucyan

I almost got pissed for a minute lol. I used to play since LOB and continued up until Synchros. Then I quit for a while and started playing again using synchros then quit after one of my friends who played with the newer stuff at the time beat me by having out 3-4 creatures turn 1 then turn two played some stupid big a** dragon that raped my face.

I used to win games because I understood the spell speed priority better than my friends did, which made them all stop playing for the most part. For a minute I was gonna say if they got rid of spell speeds I was glad that I quit when I did. This game has gotten kind of out of hand since I started playing though either way.

Spell Speeds still exist. Priority was removed. Now some monsters have Spell Speed 2 Effects and those type of effects are known as Quick Effects.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:00 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Muse_of_the_Soul
Oucyan

Spell Speeds still exist. Priority was removed. Now some monsters have Spell Speed 2 Effects and those type of effects are known as Quick Effects.

Not true. Trigger effects are also spell speed two, such as Judgment Dragon milling 4 during end phase, or gaining a spell counter on Breaker the Magical Warrior when it is normal summoned. not to mention there was always quick effects, they were originally called Multi-Trigger effects. Dark Paladin's Spell negation effect was originally ruled to be Multi-Trigger before the name of the mechanic was changed to quick effect.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:01 pm
Oucyan
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan

Priority does exist if i summon armegeddon knight, I have priority to use it's effect before you can respond with torrential. If I just ended my standby phase I have priority to use forbidden lance from my hand or set on my field to target a monster. Priority just means who, as turn player, have the right to activate a card or effect before your opponent in an open game state. The priority your thinking of was Ignition priority, such as summoning Judgment Dragon and using it's nuke effect before the opponent used bottomless/ torrential, which was completely illegal, as Ignition effects can only be used in an open game state, a monster being summoned is not an open game state. Please go to the official Konami Yugioh website and read the page on Fast Effect Timing.

The thing is that Armageddon Knight doesn't get priority. He activates, opponent chains Torrential Tribute and Torrential happens first the Armageddon which doesn't need to still be on the field to resolve his effect.

And I will checkout the page u mentioned when I'm online on a computer that isn't my phone.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:06 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan

Priority does exist if i summon armegeddon knight, I have priority to use it's effect before you can respond with torrential. If I just ended my standby phase I have priority to use forbidden lance from my hand or set on my field to target a monster. Priority just means who, as turn player, have the right to activate a card or effect before your opponent in an open game state. The priority your thinking of was Ignition priority, such as summoning Judgment Dragon and using it's nuke effect before the opponent used bottomless/ torrential, which was completely illegal, as Ignition effects can only be used in an open game state, a monster being summoned is not an open game state. Please go to the official Konami Yugioh website and read the page on Fast Effect Timing.

The thing is that Armageddon Knight doesn't get priority. He activates, opponent chains Torrential Tribute and Torrential happens first the Armageddon which doesn't need to still be on the field to resolve his effect.

And I will checkout the page u mentioned when I'm online on a computer that isn't my phone.

That is a Type of Priority sir. It's the priority to use an optional monster effect during it's correct activation timing. for example, if I summon tourguide, I can choose to either use it's effect to summon a fiend or just not use it. That deciding time is Priority. Priority to use cards of spell speed 2 or higher effects still exists. The priority to use spell speed 1 effects (such as ignition effects) does not.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:56 pm
Oucyan
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan
Kor Saiyajinkami
Oucyan

That is a Type of Priority sir. It's the priority to use an optional monster effect during it's correct activation timing. for example, if I summon tourguide, I can choose to either use it's effect to summon a fiend or just not use it. That deciding time is Priority. Priority to use cards of spell speed 2 or higher effects still exists. The priority to use spell speed 1 effects (such as ignition effects) does not.

The thing is that Armageddon Knight and Tour Guide are Spell Speed 1 because they can't chain as Link 2+. So you are wrong. If you disagree then check Wikia and u'll discover I'm right.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:38 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami

Incorrect. Trigger Effects are either Spell Speed 1 or 2 depending on the card. trigger effects perform the action in response to a specific card or effect occuring. For example, Treeborn frog is a spell speed 2 effect, that activates in the standby phase. If another card effect that applies in the same standby phase were to occur simultaneously, treeborn frog can actually form a chain with that card as chain link 2 if the other card effect is mandatory. In reality, They're more like Spell speed 1.5, as they can respond to spell speed 1 and 2 effects, but most occur as if spell speed 1 anyway. The different between a Quick effect and A trigger effect is that Quick Effects are optional (except Light and Darkness Dragon) and can form Chain link's even in the damage step if the appropriate condition is met. Trigger effects usually start new chain links, but can, in some cases, be chain link 2 (except during the damage step).

Which is why Green Baboon defender of the forest as a spell speed 1 trigger effect monster Cannot special summon himself during the damage step. He is trigger, not a quick effect, but can form a chain with other trigger effects (like dark hole while sangan is on field along with a face up beast type.)

then there are effects that aren't so clear whether they are quick effects or trigger effects, so Konami is actually kind enough to put in parenthesis whether or not it is a quick effect (like formula synchron synchro summoning during the opponen'ts main phase)

For all intensive purposes, Trigger can either be Spell Speed 1 or 2 depending on the card or situation, but are mainly listed as speed spell 1 in the rule book if I'm not mistaken, even though they can have turn player priority.

On the other hand, quick effects, despite being spell speed 2, usually cannot be activated during an open game state because they have to respond to a specific event, such as stardust dragon negate a card that would destroy cards. the reason why stardust is a quick effect and not a trigger effect, is because stardust can use this during the damage step, while trigger effects, by defination, cannot activate during damage step (unless the card specifically allows you to like gorz and tragoedia)  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff