Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
The Barely-Knowns Guild: 2005-2015 (April Fools Joke!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What will you miss most about the BK?
  The people!
  The inside jokes!
  The contests!
  The random games!
View Results

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:05 pm
Hello, everyone.

As we all know, I founded this guild back in September of 2005 with my sister Meacorme and my good friend Saurciriel. For the first five to six years, it was a fairly happening place, given that many of us were still in college and had some free time to goof around, get to know each other, and have a blast.

In the past few years since, we have obviously seen a decline in post numbers, active threads, and vocal membership. The reasons for this are entirely logical. Many of us original members have gone on to adult life and responsibilities, and it is very difficult to rejuvenate any group with new members, especially since the focus on guilds, in my opinion, has become more niche in terms of genre and topic.

I have held onto this guild for a very long time, checking it daily and making sure it's in good shape. Soon, however, I have to put away my captain's hat. I will be officially closing the Barely-Knowns Guild on September 24th, 2015 - exactly ten years since its opening.

This does not mean I will shy away from Gaia, but it does mean I will be using it for more, shall we say, shallow purposes. I do like playing the mini-games, and mayhaps I will be one of those weirdos lurking in the forums, slapping in an odd two cents from time to time. I might even start a new guild, which may or may not be topic-specific, and regrow from there. Sometimes, a good thing reaches its prime and must be retired in an honorable and classy way. I intend to do the same for the Barely-Knowns.

You guys have been an absolute blessing to me these past years, and many times over, you have made bad days for me better and hopeless situations for me more positive. I cannot thank you all enough for the wonderful experiences you have provided. We have had some amazing times together, and honestly, who could forget the Love Samurai, or the Christmas Ninja, or Nips's epic BK novel, or the BK Awards, or our ginormous Pokémon threads? Whether or not we've all gone our separate ways, I will still see all of us as a great big Gaian family. This is not the end, but the beginning.

Who knows? Maybe we'll all be a little more than barely known soon. So let's enjoy this last year or so of BK-ness before letting the ship sail.

Much love to all of you.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:39 pm
I was really about to punch you in the face.

Then.
I realized.

heart

Theodra

Amorous Bloodsucker

12,540 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:45 pm
The sad thing is, no one noticed or replied to this for two days. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:35 am
Busy adult lives are stupid.
Let's outlaw that.

Theodra

Amorous Bloodsucker

12,540 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:59 am
Theodra
Busy adult lives are stupid.
Let's outlaw that.

Agreed. Give me my gavel. I'm going to make it official.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:42 am
Reeves

Salutations, good sir.
I almost forgot that I belong here in the first place...

I ask of you to forgive my grievous mistake.
Alas, I have been offline for too long...

(dropping overly polite speech now)

Anyways, sorry for not coming around so much, got caught in other stuff and as I said, almost forgot that I was a member of this...

I feel sad for this one closing, but I guess times have changed and maybe the guild has indeed run its course.

Wish you all good luck in the future! smile  

Req4boxes

Shy Friend

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:23 am
Ahhh, Req, wait, check the post date. CHECK THE POST DATE. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 am
I completely forgot about April Fools this year. I missed my pranking opportunities.  

cheesy nipples

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:41 am
Yes. Yes, you did. razz  
The Barely-Knowns

Manage Your Items