Reply [RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling
<P> Learning the Trade (Kyrie & Ankou)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ceedabear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:22 pm
Kyrie hovered outside of her father's workroom and peered in. She knew he was in, she could feel it. She also knew he was preparing to leave again, she could feel that as well. Even though his travels took him away often and his absence was as natural as his presence, there always seemed to be a bit of... tension before he left. There was always the childlike hope that he would not really be leaving this time, and the realization that it was important for him to go. His job in the world was very important indeed after all. Something that had been made all too real by her and her siblings' attempts to help him.

Stepping back from the doorway, she looked over her shoulder. Perhaps she should find her mother to ask her if she could go to Azeroth with Uncle Xun. She did not want to be a bother. But... she did not know exactly where her mother was at the moment and she wanted an answer now. Besides, it was rare for her to get him all to herself. Taking in a deep breath to calm her nerves about asking to leave on her own for the first time, she stepped forward, though her hand remained at the door frame as she paused again.

"Daddy? Are you busy right now?" she asked with a smile.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:52 pm
He was, indeed, about to leave again, though this was a short trip - Ankou planned to be back within a day or two, though weither or not it would be the truth was indeed debatable. He couldn't quite help it. Coming home to a much different Kyrie had been a bit of a shock, and the fact that these youthful days were counted was now a much too real truth rather than some nebulous matter that would happen in the far future.

In a way, the Spirit Guide could not help but feel that he had failed his daughter by not being here for her when it had happened. But there was little he could do about that.

It was her voice that made him look up from the maps he had been looking at. "No, not especially." Waiting a little longer wouldn't harm anything, and whatever Kyrie needed was currently more important. The dead would not be getting any deader, after all.

"What is it, my dear ?" He asked with a smile. Gods, he was still a little startled whenever he looked at her, his beloved daughter. She certainly was no child anymore, though she still had a lot to learn, but she would always remain his baby, in some way.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

ceedabear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:02 pm
Kyrie felt her hesitation evaporate at her father's warm reception. Releasing her hold on the doorway, she stepped further into his workspace to stand beside him. Her curious eyes dipped down to his table and she studied the map briefly before she remembered her purpose.
"I went to visit Uncle Xun and he had all of these baby dragons with him. They were really sweet and adorable," she smiled and lifted her eyes back up to him. "He told me they came from Azeroth and I offered to help him take them back to their home. He said that I could go with him if you or Momma said it was alright. So... is it alright?" she asked with solid hope coloring her blue eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:18 pm
Oh, dear. Kyrie had found the horde. None of the whelps had seemed too keen with getting close to him when he had been in Northrend, so he had only witnessed the creatures from a distance. He had to admit they were kind of charming in their own ways, if loud and demanding.

What she said next was of definite interest. Take her to Azeroth ? Well, he had to assume that Xun Jiang knew what he was doing. And beside, the Crow could not be caged forever, and he would much rather she be with someone, be it him, Cosine or Xun, than heading out all on her own so early.

"Certainly." He said. "Where did he say he was taking you ?" Azeroth was a big place, after all, and some parts were... messier than others.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

ceedabear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:39 pm
Kyrie felt as if she were soaring as he gave his permission as simply as that. A laugh escaped her and she moved to throw her arms around her father's neck. Hugging him tightly, she ended it with a bounce as she pulled away from him again.
"Thank you Daddy! He was telling me all about his temple and it sounded so beautiful. I really want to see it with my own eyes. He said we would go there after we went to Dragonblight to return the babies to their homes. He says there are many more of them there. I really hope there are. I want to meet them all," she grinned and clasped her hands together as she gave another bounce. "He also said that I would get to meet his son. I did not know he had children until today."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:57 pm
His daughter's energy both amused and delighted him. She was so happy to go out in the world that she hadn't exactly noticed she still had a chaperonne, more or less. Xun would make sure everything would be alright, this much he was certain of.

And oh, that part of Azeroth. It was rather comforting. The main two continents were still a bit of a mess as far as he had seen, but Northrend and Pandaria were now well-secured and rather peaceful, for Azeroth at least. "I think you will like it. It is quite beautiful." A little over the top for his tastes, but he could not deny that it was quite functional. To each their own, after all.

Just because he had not gone with them at the time did not mean he had not done some snooping around afterward.

"Well, to be honest, Xun did not know he had a son either, until they found him." Or so he had heard. It had to have been quite awkward, honestly.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

ceedabear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:33 am
Kyrie's bouncing paused at those words and a look of confusion slipped across her brow.
"He did not know he had a son? How could you not know if you have a child or not?" she asked rather innocently enough. Her family was so close knit, it was a little unfathomable for her to understand other family dynamics. In her small world, everyone's family was like hers as far as she knew.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:53 pm
"He was born a long, long time ago. Before we all faded." That much was at least easy to explain, though it would probably lead to more questions. Better for Kyrie to ask these questions now, as she would need to understand what had happened to them all eventually.

"And when he came back, Xun did not remember what happened in the life before. None of us truly remember everything we have done before the fading. He probably was aware that he had progeny, but not who they were, or where they would be now."

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces