[Skirmish Group A] Collision Course Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:53 am
Anyone involved in 'Skirmish A' may post here! To begin with, the two groups have net run into each other yet - both are minding their own business/haven't sighted each other yet. Until they do officially encounter each other, lions may only interact with members of their own faction-group.

This takes place just inside Burkuteshti territory, while the Qyrhyreshti are looking for their missing Bey. The Burkuteshti are simply out on a routine patrol between their easternmost oasis and the Hareket. It is the middle of the night.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:38 pm
User Image

Sabit should not have been glad that the Qyrhyeshti's Bey had gone missing, but a shameful part of her was glad. That he was missing meant that he needed to be found, and whoever did find him was sure to be rewarded with glory - and glory was something Sabit sorely needed, and something which was in short supply. There had been little fighting between the warring factions, and what few border encounters had occurred, Sabit had not been lucky enough to be involved in. Without fighting, without victory, she had virtually no way of earning her freedom.

Not that she had any intentions of leaving once she did. Not only had the Qyrhyeshti saved her life and taken her in, they had given her a purpose again. A pride again. She had hated life as a rogue, and she was never going back to it. Of course, until she had paid her life-debt, going back to rogue life wasn't even an option.

And her life-debt was exactly why she had volunteered to participate in the search for Kotu sim Shan. If she were part of the group that found him - and they would, they had to - surely that would be enough to release her of the debt, and free her to live her life as a full member of the Qyrhyeshti.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:41 pm
User Image

In the Burkuteshti, everyone fought. Everyone fought, and everyone was thriving. For the moment, at least, they'd clawed their way to holding a hefty chunk of the land between the twin rivers of life and death, and left those damned Qyrhyeshti cowering and clumped in the northwestern corner of the land, trapped between their own burgeoning borders and the snaking far river. That meant that her own people were savoring more and more of the fruits of the land, growing stronger, tougher, better fed... but at the same time it meant more borders to cover, more land to protect. And like it or not (though no one ever, ever complained) that meant that everyone had to lend a paw. Not even a Hatun would be expected to stand off patrol duty.

And frankly, this Hatun had no desire to lay about her den.

It'd been too long since she'd added a new pelt to the lair she shared with the Bey, Sungus sim Sazhan. Too long since she'd tasted Qyrhyeshti blood on her tongue. Her scars were all fading, and though she appreciated the increased resources, it'd been too quiet for too long. She'd declared she was going along with the midnight patrol and been welcomed to it. Maybe in some prides regents and lords and their ladies were delicate, to be protected...

In Burkuteshti, they were ground from sand and stone and lived to fight. At least this one did. She grunted roughly as she shoulder alongside one of the others she stalked through the darkness with, tipping her chin towards a small rise a bit north of their location. As good a spot as any to have a look around.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:23 pm
User Image

Gaspard sim Sazhan walked as if he hadn't had a good day in his lifetime. The Muharip was gruff and showed little expression save for the edges of his mouth being pulled ever so slightly into a frown. The Burkuteshti were having prosperous days. Still, battle flowed deep in their veins and muscles remained tense and ready. The idle time was making Gaspard uneasy, and was souring his already poor mood.

The lion paused his steps momentarily, listening to the silence of the midnight hour. Pale green eyes moved towards Hayvan as she moved to the rise, and Gaspard watched her consideringly. His brother's mate. The Muharip didn't seem to hold the silenced animosity towards the Hatun that he held to his own brother. She was a skilled fighter and he gave respect where it was due.

Gaspard gave a brief glance towards the third member of the patrol group before moving forward towards the Hatun. "The night," he muttered, low and growling, "it is still. As if the sands lay waiting."

ShinosBee

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:39 am
User Image

Disgruntled wasn't even going to begin to cover the feelings coursing through the male's veins as he trudged through Burkuteshti territory, without his beloved daughter in tow. No, she had been sent on another mission. Gods only knew where, against his request, against his disagreement, against his insistence! Faiz's claws dug into the ground as he walked his course, his mind a thousand miles away, trying to make contact with the only connection he had on this earth. But it remained useless, he would not know if she survived her tasks until their individual tasks were over. His poor heart, would simply bear the weight of the nightmare until his duties were done.

Head high, shoulders stiff, eyes and ears alert.

That's what he had to keep telling himself, otherwise, he was going to wind up in some serious trouble. Or worse, get his entire group into that trouble.

Looking around him, he saw a variety of lions from different walks of life, but the one that stuck out most was one his daughter knew. She was a Borclu, or had been at the time, chances are she remained one. One didn't escape that rank so easily. Something in him felt a bit paternal for her in that moment, as though in a way she was his connection to his daughter. But, that was crazy right?

Yeah .. it most definitely was. But ... a little conversation still never hurt anyone.

"Sabit was it? I think you know my daughter ... Behiye bint Sadika. She's not with us tonight, but I bet she wishes she was." He tried to offer even the slightest hint of warm greeting, but all hew could muster was the typical gruff face he exposed to his enemies.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:53 am
So busy was she looking and listening for anything out of the ordinary that it took Sabit a few moments to realize that her name had been spoken. One of their little trio, the male, was addressing her. Green eyes shifted briefly to look him over before returning to scanning the landscape. "Yes, my name is Sabit," she answered matter-of-factly. "And yes, I do know Behiye. She's with another party, isn't she?"

She hesitated for a second, looked over at Faiz again, and couldn't resist pointing out the obvious: "...You don't look a thing alike."

Depawsit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:03 am
Faiz took note of her matter of fact tone and snorted to himself, Borclu or not, she most definitely fit in among them. Perhaps she would gain her freedom soon, and when she did, she would be free to slip among them as though she had never been a Borclu. With her personality and sincerity, not a soul would question her background. "That she is." He mouthed solemnly, his tone making it quite obvious that he was unhappy with that particular change in the group layout.

The one thing of this small conversation that Faiz had not been expecting was what Sabit allowed to slip next. Of course, he should expect it. It was common among those in the pride who knew them both, and he was quick to tear them all new hides! But, having his daughter know this particular lady, that may not be his smartest step. "No ... that we don't do we?" He asked plainly. "Though I suppose that's a tale for another day, that I would be glad to tell. Barring that you not mention it to Behiye of course. My daughter, she is a very smart girl, but I think she has blocked out certain things from her own thoughts. To prevent herself from being harmed.Sometimes I wonder if perhaps its better that way, and then other times, I wonder if its not." Shrugging his shoulders at the female before him, he wasn't entirely sure if she was comfortable being drug into his terrible family affairs. "But you'll forgive me for dragging on. That's not usually the type of thing I do ..."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:36 am
User Image

Bahra stalked up behind the two quietly chattering. Her eyes flashed with fury. Her brother was missing, and they were happily talking as if they were out for a picnic! Her tail was already lashing in her agitation at her missing brother, but now her teeth gritted together fiercely. She took advantage of the male's trailing statement to break into the conversation, stepping close with a soft growl.

"I should hope not, Faiz sim Hadi," she said icily, ears pinned. "I'd hate to think you would put your group at risk with idle chatter about your daughter's history," She gave him a glare as hot as the noon sun on the sand dunes. "It isn't as if we were searching for her rather than, say, my brother?" She hissed softly at him, more irked at him than the borclu he was speaking to. An outsider couldn't always be expected to understand the importance of the mission they were on. Faiz should, though, and she held him contempt for putting his own concerns so far ahead of the pride's and, in no small part, her own.

Meepfur

Depawsit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:49 am
Faiz's ears rolled back against his head as he heard the reprimanding voice of Bahra behind him. She had every right to be upset, and so he knew lashing out against her would do no good. Their fighting spririt was best saved for the Burkuteshti who no doubt held their Bey captive.

"Settle yourself Bahra bint Falak." He spoke with some authority, his voice stern yet low enough to not bring attention and respectful just the same. "No one here knows the severity of this situation more than I. You think being silent will help us to find him quicker? As though he will simply appear before us? Do not be so tense, we are all at our wits end at the moment. We must not let that affect out relationships with one another." He nodded respectfully at the female once more, before looking over the horizon. "As long as we keep ourselves alert to our surroundings, and do our duties. There is no reason we can not muse among ourselves as we search for your brother. Please, calm yourself, I assure you I am giving your brother the best service and attention I can in finding him."

Talencia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:58 am
Sabit's ears swept back and flattened against her skull when the Bey's sister scolded Faiz for speaking - and, by reasonable extrapolation, Sabit as well, since they were both talking. "Would you prefer that we pass the hours in silence until we grow numb and tired, tune out, and so begin to miss potentially important things?"

"We need to keep each other awake and aware if we are to be effective, and so long as we do so quietly, speaking to each other serves that purpose. Arguing, however, clouds judgement, and that we should avoid." She might be Borclu, but she'd been with Qyrhyeshti for quite awhile now, gone on her share of patrols, and even before that had been no fool, nor a stranger to fighting.

Depawsit

Talencia

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:02 pm
She hissed softly at the male, scorn in her eyes. His answer was an odd mixture of placation and defensiveness. The borclu's spirit was more fitting of a Qyrhyesthti than his lackluster reply was. Not that she'd likely tell Sabit that. She rounded then on the borclu, who she had previously been willing to ignore. "Perhaps you should spend more time training yourself, so you may remain alert for longer periods of time," she snapped softly, mindful of keeping her voice low so it wouldn't travel. "I do agree that you should avoid arguing, however." She gave the female a feral grin that had no humor in it. "It can be bad for your health."

Having had her say, she stalked off ahead of them, tail still lashing, though half in irritation now. Did she have to get stuck with such inefficient and incapable individuals in her group? Her brother could be out there right this moment, being tortured or worse, already dead, and they were chit-chatting about why one's daughter didn't look like him. Who cared?! Growling, she swiveled her ears and kept her whiskers spread to detect the faintest whisper of movement, or the softest waft of scent. He was somewhere out here... he had to be!

Meepfur

Depawsit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:17 pm
Faiz was glad to see someone had the same mindset as him, it wasn't all that strange a thought process really! To keep one's mind running, rather than to let it grow tired. But still, he tried to see past Bahra's irrational anger. He too would be in such states if this were his daughter out here alone, with no idea of where she could be or even if she were alive.

The male raised a paw to his forehead and shook it slowly. "In all my years in this pride, I have never once failed in the duties I have been given. I am a model warrior and will remain one until the day I die. If I deem myself capable of small talk as I go about such duties, than I shall do it. Do I make myself clear Bahra?"

His normal tone had obviously done little to sway her. So he'd been forced to become a little more ... rude. Very much unlike him, and he would be sure to apologize when she wasn't giving him so much of a headache. But for now, she needed to stifle her emotions.

"All your prattle about our chit chat, haven't you had the slightest bit of training? Wearing your emotions on your sleeve, really Bahra? The enemy will just eat that right up." Rolling his eyes once more, the male finally placed his paw back on the ground with a heavy thud.

"With that said, we are a group. Sabit included. Her status as a borclu means little to our mission. We are here to find your brother, not create turmoil amongst ourselves. So from this moment on, you will bicker no more about small talk. You will either join us, or you will remain with us, but in silence."

Oh yes, he would owe her quite the apology later. All this hostility was eating him up inside. But he knew it was for the good of the three of them that this ridiculous argument not get between them. Bahra simply needed to control her emotions.

"Now, to get things back on track. This area seems empty, and isn't really leading us anywhere. Should we try a different path, or continue on this one a bit longer?"

Meepfur

Talencia
xD Bahra is making my poor Faiz be all mean ;w; *pokes her* staaaaaawp iiiiiittt ;[

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:31 pm
The spiky-haired Borclu bared her teeth at Bahra's unsubtle insult and threat, a low sound beginning to form in the back of her throat by the time Faiz spoke again. The male's words, however, placated her, and the would-be snarl tapered off and gave way to a grunt, wordless agreement with the other reasonable member of the party.

Sabit slowed her steps when he suggested a possible change of direction, closing her eyes for a moment and scenting the air. She wanted to find the Bey. She needed to find the Bey. But would they, and more importantly, where? The stocky lioness drifted a moment, her attention finally snapping back when she stumbled and - luckily - caught herself and avoided falling all over herself.

"I'm not sure. That way...?" She narrowed her eyes, looking southeast. Something, maybe there was something that way, or maybe it was wishful thinking. Maybe she only wanted to feel something, and she was fooling herself into thinking she really did. Her abilities, unfortunately, had never been very reliable.

If they had been, she wouldn't have ended up lost and half-dead in the desert in the first place.

Depawsit

Talencia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:50 pm
She didn't want to admit that the male was right, at least about not fighting amongst themselves. She was dying to point out that she hadn't been arguing to being with, only chewing them out for not being focused enough, but knew that would, in fact, be arguing. So she remained ahead of them, though canting one ear back. It wasn't as if he out-ranked her. If anything, she out-ranked him, being of the Bey's blood! Not that that mattered a whole lot, considering she was female, but she had always carried herself aloof and arrogant, proud of the status of her brother. Now... well, now he was lost, and she was less concerned about what status he conferred, if she could only bring him home.

She rolled an eye back at her companions. She couldn't be so certain of their motivations, though they were beholden to find their leader regardless. They didn't have the drive she did, the aching desire to find him alive and well. It was entirely possible Faiz was right about her needing to separate her emotions from the mission, but it just wasn't something she could do. She hadn't been quite aware of how attached she was to her brother until he had gone missing. Now she was all too aware, and fearful that she'd not get the chance to act on it.

She turned back to wait for them at Faiz's words concerning the area. She watched Sabit close her eyes foolishly while walking, giving her a cold stare when she nearly fell on her nose. Augh, foolishness! She patently ignored the borclu's suggestion and turned instead to the male once more. "What do we know of this area? Any caves, shelters, or the like that you can remember?" She was meanwhile wracking her memory for any such indications. This was well-fought over territory, after all, so some of their number had to have knowledge of what was here. The question was, did her companions have that knowledge? She cast Sabit a skeptical look.

Meepfur

Depawsit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:40 am
User Image

Umut didn't want to be here. She didn't want to be at risk of fighting. The lioness looked tiredly at the border, and the horizon beyond, as she followed Havyan and Gaspard. So much fighting... Her sons had grown up, and were now embroiled in this world of fighting, making her worry every day that they would die.

The sandy-gray lioness suddenly paused, tail flicking. Something didn't seem... Right. She was no seer, but an inner sense told her something was up. She hurried over to the Hatan and male, a frown on her face. "I think I heard something..." Hopefully it was just some squabbling birds...

ShinosBee

oo DeD

[IC] Jahy Sarlarin Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas