Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:30 pm
User Image

And the mighty hunter stalked his prey quietly, not a sound was heard as paws fell silently upon the earth, his target growing closer. No one was a match for him and his deadly tooth and claws. His muscles tensed as he moved closer, inch by inch his target unaware of what was about to unfold. So peacefully his prey rested, unaware of the dangers lurking in the shadows and the mighty cat crouched, preparing to pounce at the opportune moment.

Now this was how it was all playing off in his mind. In reality Asker was just inching along the shadows of the den preparing to pounce on his sleeping brother. It sounded much cooler when he played it out in his mind. His tail tip twitched slightly as his muscles tensed and then released as his hind legs pushed forwards, his forelegs extending and his paws stretched, with claws sheathed, towards his baby bro.

"Gotcha!" Was his triumphant cry as he surrounded the darker male with his legs and gnawed on his scruff in a manner that would not hurt him, but would be noticeable. "Feel the power of the almighty one!" He boasted proudly as he rolled, in an attempt to take Nicolae along with him as he came to a crouched position on his paws, awaiting for the counterstrike.

Thalion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:18 pm
User Image

While he was scrappy enough, of the cubs, Fire Dog was perhaps the most restrained. He waited to strike, he thought about his movements, his actions, his motivations, and considered his surroundings. His spars with his father were, well.. more or less glorified play sessions. He was still a cub, not much bigger than his father's paws themselves, but he was a glutton for knowledge and experience. He was decent in friendly spars and brawls and at any other time, he was quite difficult to sneak up on.

Today, however, he was asleep.

Flopped over on his side to enjoy the cool touch of the den's stone, he had fallen into an easy nap. His dreams entertained him to a story of a sentient sea and seagulls that fell to the earth as sand dollars with only a spoken word. It was the stuff of mummers' tales- and in an instant it was shattered. Any memory of such visions faded with a sharp nibble to his scruff.

Panic set in first and he cried out, despite himself, and flailed about, trying to squirm himself out from under the unseen threat. His brother rolled off and Nico got to his paws with a wild look in his eye. Claws extended, he faced his foe-

And then deflated with a roll of his eyes. "Asker." He dropped his hind quarters to the stone and ran a paw over his face. "You could have let me nap first... I just got done with a spar with da'."

AstoriaFallen

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:32 am
Rump in the air, forelegs before him he watched his brother waiting for him to do something back as he was awaken from his nap but all he got was an eye roll. With an exasperated 'awww' sound escaping his maw he allowed his shoulders to roll to the side and he flopped onto the cold stone looking up at his brother in an angled position. He was still close enough that if he reached out his front legs just enough he could touch his brother and he extended his legs playfully, swiping at his paws with his own. "Niiiiico, His voice wasn't exactly a whine, but it was drawn out as if to say 'comeon' "it was just so perfect of an opportunity I just couldn't let it pass me by." His little toes reached for his brothers brushing them just barely as he gave him this look that said "don't hate me because you love me".

He rolled onto his back, his face towards his brother and he finally flopped onto his other side, tail swishing across the cool stone. Yea he had woken his brother up from his nap a little earlier than he probably wanted to be but he was bored and wanted a go of it with him. "So I can count you out of a little one on one then?" He rolled to his stomach and swished his head to the right to move the fur from his left eye and he gave him a toothy grin.

Even if he was too tired to have a little brawl, perhaps they could go do something else. He wasn't against going to the seashore and chasing some of the crabs around and enjoying the salty smell of the sea. Plus he'd be able to collect some more things, not that he didn't have enough already.

Thalion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:43 pm
Nico snorted his amusement and brushed the mane away from his face. It was a harmless thing, at least. His brother hadn't champed onto an ear or pulled at his tail. In any other situation, he would have encouraged such a thing. After all- if someone was dim enough to sleep with his back to a threat, they deserved whatever happened as a result.

"It's not that." He yawned, slowly leaning down into his front limbs to stretch his shoulders up above his spine and work the kinks out of his back. "Or didn't da tell you? It's bad luck to wake a sleeping gypsy."

He looked over to his sibling and curled his tail around himself. "Real bad luck. I dunno if we should spar now. I might suddenly grow five times the size of da' and squish you on accident, or you could roll your paw- or...worse-" He glanced both ways before leaning in to whisper. "You could get turned into a gull. That's what they are, you know. Cursed beasties that woke a sleeping gypsy."

AstoriaFallen

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:13 pm
Thalion

Yea, he had woken Nico up but it was true, he hadn't been a butt about it. He could have been but he had decided a quick pounce and gnaw of the scruff was good enough. Green eyes watched as his brother stretched and popped a few kinks into place and he cocked his head slightly and listened as his brother said it was bad luck to wake a sleeping gypsy. He made a hmmpft noise out of his nose and swatted his paw towards his brother in a manner that meant 'those are just long tales.' "Did da really tell you that? Or were you listening to Mummer tales again?" He said with an amused tone in his voice.

His tail swished across the ground in anticipation as his brother explained that they shouldn't spar now because he might grow into a giant and squish him or he could even turn into a gull? He chuckled because now he was telling tall tales. "I think i'll take my chances." He said with a wink. "If you ask me... It sounds like you're trying to keep me from kicking your furry behind." He said coyly as he couldn't help but smile at his brothers hushed tones as if he might turn into a gull himself for speaking of it. "Though, we could always put the sparring on hold and find some food?"

Sure he was almost positive his brother was jesting him BUT it never hurt to play it safe. Plus he was hungry and he was almost positive his brother must be since he had sparred with da earlier. "It's up to you though." He said with a sly grin.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:12 pm
Nico bobbed his shoulders. It was a bit of both really. Tall tales, mummer songs, and little superstitions were part of what made up their culture. It was fun to come up with his own little tall tales to go along with whatever situation he molded them into. For today's purposes it seemed he went a little far. Perhaps he should have gone with the crab theory... It likely wouldn't have bought him much more rest. His brother was awake and clearly rearing to go for the day.

He snorted again and flicked his tail. "I wouldn't get so cocky, Asker. I'm only sleeping like I am because I've been sparring with da' more these days. I'd be a good match." He smirked. "But I'll let you get away with that- for now. Food does sound a lot better than us whomping on one another."

He stepped to the mouth of the cave and took a slow, deep breath. "So what sounds good? We could pester mum to get us something or we can try to pin a crab or two. Unless you're afraid." He turned and made a pinching motion with two of his claws.

AstoriaFallen

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:55 am
Thalion

He snorted when his brother told him to not get so cocky and that his sleep was due to his sparring. He would have to step up his game a little bit or his brother would soon dominate him and he wasn't about to have that, no soiree. He gave him a coy smile as his brother agreed with finding some food.

Following his brother out of the smooth cave he blinked a few times as they entered the warm sunlight. He shook his shoulders as the warmth seeped into him. Pestering mom would be the easy way to get some food and it would ensure they had plenty. He cocked his head as he also suggested catching their own.

Wait a second. He wasn't afraid. He looked over at him with a grin. I'm not afraid." He said watching his brother imitating the pinching motion that the sidewalkers made. He narrowed his eyes, he wasn't afraid of no crabs!

Catching crabs meant they would have to go to the beach and that was one of the few places he truly enjoyed. There was also lots of salty drift wood he could chomp on later. It was settled, he wanted to catch crabs. "Well, let us be off then!" He said bounding towards the salty smell of the nearby ocean. His stomach grumbled happily at the thought of the tangy taste of crab meat.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:34 am
Nico smirked and raised a brow. "Not afraid? You have to be careful. Crabs can be mean you know. It's like the mummers say- The sea and her creatures can't be trusted. Their pinchers are strong enough to crush shells, they move like a tumbling weed over the sands, and they can squeeze themselves into the smallest places. If they get in a hole- it's over. There's no getting them out."

He padded out of the cave beside his sibling and shook the last of the night away from his fur, allowing the sun to seep into his coat and chase off the dampness lingering in his fur. It was a nice enough day, and crab meat did sound pretty tempting.

"We need a plan." He asserted. "One of us should chaise it towards the other, then we gotta work together to make sure they don't get in a hole."

AstoriaFallen
Sorry for the delay hon! ;-; I had a few things to sort out that kind of ate at my muse. XD Back to it now!

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:27 pm
Thalion
No worries, it happens to us all. I do apologize for the delay!

His eyes flashed with mischief and he gave his brother a grin. This was going to be a trial of wits and speed on the cubs part. Hopefully one didn't catch a claw to the paw or the nose. It would definitely cause some damage if they latched on with how young they still were. "Shall I chase? I'm easier to spot and you'll have a better chance at blending in so it would suit for you to catch. I'm fine with either." When it came to getting food he was up for any idea, did not matter who chased and who caught as long as it was accomplished.

The thought of the crisp tender meat of the crabs made his mouth water and he dug his toes into the warm sands as his emerald orbs scanned their surroundings for their troublesome prey.  
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games