Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
DnD? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:20 pm
open fire52
Muse_of_the_Soul

Alright finished reading it all. Amazing creation story. But what is the current setting of the world that your players/characters would be dropped into and experiencing? Is it very very shortly after the recreation or several thousand years later? What is the current stat of the state/country/continent/world?
I have the feeling you're holding out on me and have a lot more planned out already.
I'm really not holding much out I promise haha I just have most of it in my head and not written down yet which sucks for me
but here goes, this may take a bit

The campaign is gonna take place about 1000-1500 years after the recreation of the world. I haven't decided the timeline, but it's long enough that the only gods that are mentioned hardly at all are the 28 demigods and the 2 neutral ones. The 4 original gods have been near forgotten at this point in history. At this point in time, there are a lot of kingdoms and civilizations, pretty much spread everywhere. A few of note, however, are Elendria, which is a kingdom mainly ruled by humans, but if you can prove yourself, other races are allowed to move up the chain of command. There's Del Bymala, the Elven kingdom, which is north of the mountains north of Elendria, a total of about a week to two weeks' travel if you're at a brisk pace. West/northwest of Elendria is a giant chasm, called the Centennial Scar, which deepens and every 100 years due to weakness from the reforming. There's essentially an underground trench below the scar that just keeps worsening the condition of it. Across the scar is a thick jungle, inhabited by a race I'm including which I haven't decided a name for, but the project name is Chameleids, cause they're lizardfolk based on chameleons, stealth and all. They're semi uncivilized, with no real leader but they're fierce warriors and intelligent. A desert more to the west, which ends up leading to an ocean. South of elendria is a massive cliff, which drops off into the ocean. and to the east are plains as far as the eye can see(codeword for me being lazy and not being sure what else I want past them lol.)

My favorite invention for the story are Daros Towers, which are towers that were found in the continent that Elendria and all these other civilzations are in. They're highly magical, no plants will grow in a radius around them of about 500-750 feet, and cause magical anomalies in an even larger radius. Elendria's Daros Tower was 'normalized' for the first ten floors but there's still undiscovered areas 3-5 floors up that for some reason has no access. Elendria's tower still has its anomaly in that random weather hits Elendria. In the middle of Summer it will start snowing out of nowhere, or random patches of rain, stuff like that. Each tower has different effects, as well.

I'm not completely done with the world like I said but this hopefully gives you a little better insight. As for races I'm pretty much putting every race potentially possible for the sake of diversity, but some areas of the planet have more or less common races.

Oh and the concept of the world is 'balance'. Whereas dnd has good and evil, this world looks at it as potentially 'unnecessary good' and 'necessary evil'. I did this so when people make parties, they're capable of having multiple alignments without it really conflicting much with the group or story. Essentially the 'heroes' in any campaign are set up to even out power among the deities. If Vayn(Fear) or even Bayla(Peace) becomes too strong or influential their job is to do whatever is necessary to bring the demigods back to even power with the rest. Which also means that sometimes, you'll be starting wars just to even out Peace, or stuff like that.

Also a little side note, same sex relationships are just as common as straight ones in this world, and no one looks down on people for it.<3 I really had to do this haha.

Sorry about the wait, just typed this all out now haha  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:38 pm
Muse_of_the_Soul

Sweet, I'm glad it's so thought out! You've got some good setup here, just keep ideas for possible storylines. Though a good DM lets the players adventure within your world, and you embellish and fill it as everyone goes along for an epic journey. So far, it's amazing. I'd play it.
You may be interested in the alternate alignment scale here:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Okay I'm extremely tired so I'm sorry if I'm not adding anything or not making sense, I'm very much half asleep right now. So I'll be back... in 12 hours probably.  

open fire52

Friendly Sophomore

6,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:55 pm
open fire52

I'm glad you like it so much haha. Yeah I got a lot of stories potentially planned out for it. And the stuff I told you isn't all of it, I just am in the same boat as you, dead tired and half asleep haha. As I update it I'll post here and see about how the world develops because essentially I want the future of the world to develop based on my players actions. What they do will actually affect my world, so ideally if I get a good group and all the story planned out, it can make my world twice as awesome.

Some other stuff included is that some of the demigods have cults and religions that follow them, like usual. I do have some notes on the demigods, too, and little details with a few of them.

Vayn is the demigod of fear and is worshipped by a church, which extorts money from its followers, taking as much as they can get by instilling fear in people. They never get violent, but they give people reason to hand their money over.

Jyhedo is the demigod of vanity, and is known by a lot of people as "The Mirrorwatcher". It's said that mirrors were created by Jyhedo as vessels to communicate, see through, and some say even travel through. He's essentially aligned neutral evil, which does give people the reason to avoid mirrors. Several cities ban mirrors, Elendria being one, and use reflective stones like obsidian as an alternate to mirrors.

Sin and Phoenix are actually the two moons floating above the planet. I haven't come up with the story as to why yet, but they are the physical incarnations of the demigods, yet they do nothing but float in the sky. Sin is icy and smallish, whereas Phoenix is hot, and the gases on the surface cause an electrical storm which give off a fiery bright yellowish red light in a vortex.

Zuinhao represents the journey of life, along with being the patron deity of travel. Because of this a lot of people follow him, and he's got an entire monastery devoted to him in the mountains north of Elendria.

As for the necessary evil and unnecessary good, death is a good example of the former. Without it, the Void feared that the life that was bore on the planet would revert to its original state of laziness and arrogance, so he took away immortal life. Unnecessary good would be Justice, because in the eyes of mortals, everyone finds their own actions just.

The people that play the campaign's titles(unbeknownst to them at the time, but it's later revealed) is VoidWalker. Essentially, the Void 'sent these heroes' to even out power among the demigods so they can rule fairly. If they were to fail, there's a good chance that the world would once again be flooded.

asdg;ljnsadg;ljnsa;gln i dunno what else to add. sleep beckons haha.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:35 am
Muse_of_the_Soul
AmeliaParadox
Muse_of_the_Soul
AmeliaParadox
AmeliaParadox

good news for you then, if you have internet friends or whoever go to roll20.net and you can make a campaign there, warning though, the map design can be tedious if you don't just use a blueprint format. my blueprint map I made on it took 30 minutes and was kinda shoddy, my friend used clipart and stuff and it took him well over a week :c

We have map tiles, and lots of maps from 4th ed, could scan them and rehash them?

yeah that should work actually
I just did the blueprint design cause it's faster, and I wanna grind out a lot of maps
My friend used tiles but he also had college and stuff in the way
If you have a lot of freetime though that might help xD
I have college too, but my major is graphic design so its all pretty easy to do. cat_3nodding

hahaha well that's perfect then, huh? what edition do you play?
cause if you end up setting a round up and are looking for people sign me up
I don't have enough people that play really, and of the ones that do no one tries to actually play. they'd rather just ooc the whole thing and while there's nothing wrong with that, I kinda want a good adventure c:

also lemme know what you think if you read the stuff, I posted it a few posts up haha
your stuff seems legit cat_smile

We mostly bought into 4ed when we invested in books, 3.5 was gone at the time, its back again now, probably would of been better...

The maps, figures and practical stuff for 4ed are awesome though.

Where do you live?
I am in Australia, getting good times might be harder. cat_sweatdrop  

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:25 am
AmeliaParadox
Muse_of_the_Soul
AmeliaParadox
Muse_of_the_Soul
AmeliaParadox
AmeliaParadox

good news for you then, if you have internet friends or whoever go to roll20.net and you can make a campaign there, warning though, the map design can be tedious if you don't just use a blueprint format. my blueprint map I made on it took 30 minutes and was kinda shoddy, my friend used clipart and stuff and it took him well over a week :c

We have map tiles, and lots of maps from 4th ed, could scan them and rehash them?

yeah that should work actually
I just did the blueprint design cause it's faster, and I wanna grind out a lot of maps
My friend used tiles but he also had college and stuff in the way
If you have a lot of freetime though that might help xD
I have college too, but my major is graphic design so its all pretty easy to do. cat_3nodding

hahaha well that's perfect then, huh? what edition do you play?
cause if you end up setting a round up and are looking for people sign me up
I don't have enough people that play really, and of the ones that do no one tries to actually play. they'd rather just ooc the whole thing and while there's nothing wrong with that, I kinda want a good adventure c:

also lemme know what you think if you read the stuff, I posted it a few posts up haha
your stuff seems legit cat_smile

We mostly bought into 4ed when we invested in books, 3.5 was gone at the time, its back again now, probably would of been better...

The maps, figures and practical stuff for 4ed are awesome though.

Where do you live?
I am in Australia, getting good times might be harder. cat_sweatdrop

I'm a quasi insomniac from Missouri in the us soo good chance I'll be on haha

And yeah I like 3.5 better but 4e is a way easier system to me. It's set up so non dms can dm all they want haha. Just learn the basics and you're good xD Which is why I'm using it

And I'm glad you like the stuff haha. I blame weed for most of the inspiration but a lot of the minute details came up after I had to quit. Sadface  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:32 am
Update biggrin

While having a cigarette outside, I came up with a few more organizations, and found my old thing about the founding of elendria, which needs editing, so the latter'll come later, but here's some organizations in the world.

Organizations, Groups, Cults and Worshippers
Ice Drakes: An organization founded several centuries ago, founded around the same time Elendria became a kingdom. Founded by Grakken the Annihalator, a dragonborn with immense magical capabilities, it was a group of spellblades that tore through the tundra far north of Del Bymala, wreaking havoc and slaughtering innocents as they went. The Arg'Dantic Mountain range that seperated the Elendrian plains was where the reign of terror ended however. After recieving word from Del Bymala of the invading force, Elendria sent the Mages of Arg'Danti(see below) and the Golden Raiment(see below) on an assault on the group. In an ambush in the mountains, each of the Ice Drakes were killed one by one, until the only one who stood was Grakken. He killed several mages and paladins alike until he was cornered. Instead of killing him, however, both groups offered a treaty. The treaty was they let him live, and in return, he was to teach them his magic and combat skills in a reformed group of the Ice Drakes, but instead of dragonborn as the only members, he was to teach whoever wished to learn the skills. Their current base is the 3rd-5th floors of the Elendrian Daros Tower. "You slaughter my men, and even after having the chance to kill me as I killed yours, you offer me peace? You're snakes. I don't trust you. I have no reason to trust you after a cowardly move like this. But you've got a deal."-Grakken the Annihalator

Mages of Arg'Danti: A group of mages trained in a variety of magic, from the mountain city of Arg'Danti, far to the east. At one time it was a powerful group; they single handedly normalized and fought off the horrors that dwelled in the Elendrian Daros Tower, and put an end to the reign of Grakken the Annihalator, with the help of the Golden Raiment. However in recent years they've declined; fewer members have joined due to the anomaly of random weather around their own base in Elendria, thus being criticized by both mages and 'normals' alike, as they call those that choose not to use magic. Their base is the lower two floors of the Daros Tower, with the archmage's study on the 6th floor.

Golden Raiment: A group of paladins formed at the founding of Elendria. Their duty is to protect the royal throne of the Elendrian kingdom. They worship Luinyka, the Firesoul of the Meek, demigod of Courage. They serve as an army for the Elendrian kingdom, as well, boasting numbers in the thousands. Their armor is primarily steel engraved and etched with gold, with a small tapestry that hangs from their waist on either side of their body. One side of the tapestry has the symbol of the Elendrian kingdom, the other a golden sun with a fist in the center, the symbol of Luinyka.

And I can't remember if I said it before but after the Mages normalized the first ten floors of the tower, Elendria over the next 40-50 years grew in size until it was a city of commendable size, somewhere around 80,000 residents, which has pretty much been the average population since.

yeah sleep rarely happens for me :c  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

open fire52

Friendly Sophomore

6,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:14 pm
Muse_of_the_soul

It's been a great read, and it seems you already have everything set in place for an intense story to take place o.o Keep in mind that the player characters will want to do very stupid or off-track things... maybe have goal unaligned to the intended story arc. How much freedom do you want to give them? Honestly it looks amazing and better than something I'd come up with since I have difficulty imagining such vast creative worlds.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:56 pm
open fire52

It's gonna be fun<3
And no good dm would keep their players from letting their characters go do stupid s**t haha. I'm letting them have total freedom of where they go or what they do, and I can adapt where the main story stuff happens. What they wanna do they can do, but if it gets too off track or stupid like when my friend did an elder scrolls dnd session and his argonian character invented peanut butter, then I'll put em back on track haha xD  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:15 am
Update on the story!

I finished the Lore, albeit in a fairly roundabout way, and expanded on it more. I'll eventually put in side stories about the time the gods spent together on the world, but that'll come later when I have more of the world developed.

I'll edit the original post with it so if you haven't read it recently check it out c:  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:08 am
Muse_of_the_Soul
5; The Walkers

Over time, the Sentients grew more intelligent and began forming societies, which the Void watched carefully. A problem arose when the Divinities began doing the same; some would kill mortals for no reason at all, while others tried to protect them. It watched over this, and saw that the Divinities also were gaining more power than intended, amassing armies of Sentients and using them to settle disputes among themselves. The Void saw that the Divinities wouldn't attempt to wipe out the Sentient Races, for without subordinates what purpose did they have? The Void knew though as it always does and always has, that something had to even out this power flux.

From this It created the Walkers, Sentients that walked among the mortal races in an attempt to even out power where it sprung up. The Walkers varied in skill, strength, race, and knowledge, but they always arose when one of the Divinities grew too strong. The Void preemptively knew that if a Walker were to know its identity it may choose not to assist against the Divinities, and instead follow its own path. As Walkers were needed, the Void would send them to the world, unknowing of their status or purpose, but would slowly guide them to where they were needed.

6; The Now

Since the creation of the Walkers, the Sentients have lived in the balance. Wars have arisen, sentients died, yet the Divinities remained, balanced in check by the Walkers. And so it will continue, lest the Void lose interest in its creation once again, and decide to demolish all It created, for It was eternal. It could recreate what it wished. And in turn, it could destroy what it wished.

-flails- oh my god it's so perfect it's unbearable! whee  

open fire52

Friendly Sophomore

6,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:42 am
Progress-to-come Update!

Okay so in the past couple days I've worked on quite a bit of the economy of the world, thanks to Civilzation 5. I got the basics before, "they have that, we need that, we have this, they want this" kinda deal, but it gave me a little bit better of an idea of how it all works. So next time I post in here you can expect imports/exports of my main cities, their relations with the other countries at this point in time, and what type of culture their community has.

Also, one of my friends that wants to play is playing a bard and after reading the whole same sex relationships deal, he said he was gonna roll seduce checks on everything, male or female. I said that was gonna get annoying, he didn't care. So I'm gonna counter him by creating a disease that can only be spread by carriers(which he won't become for obvious reasons; he'd try and spread the disease) that also affects his main stat by a large amount, so we'll see just how long he wants to keep trying that. I'll allow him the chance to be cured but hopefully that'll teach him to be a jackass in my campaigns lol.

Also I plan on working on how the community interacts in each of the main cities. Stuff like how my dwarves are going to be very open, friendly people, as opposed to the 'shut off from other cities due to minimal trust' kind of dwarves you mainly see. They also have holidays for nearly everything, because I think that'd be fun. I'll eventually work on a world map but honestly mapmaking is my weakness .3.; I know the layout but actually making the map is my difficult part, which sucks as a dm.

I'll be working also on the interaction of the demigods and sentients, including which demigods are the most active and which seem to stay... dormant? passive? Dunno the right word but that should make sense haha.

I don't actually have any of this written down yet which is why this is just an update post, but when I do I'll make sure to tag whoever wants to read more about the world as it develops.  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff