<P> As Industrious As Possible - Isambard/ Joe Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:12 am
Joe had been planning this ever since he had been asked by the girl. Saljin had sent her to him. The shifter was always finding things for him to do. He laughed running a hand thru his thinning hair. He missed being in charge of building things or remodeling them. Lisana was going to want a few things done, but she had not entirely decided on what she wanted yet.

He had stared at Moxie when he understood that the kid was serious. He laughed softly. Her ideas and attitude reminded him of others he had known long ago, mainly those he had agreed to build for. Finally he nodded at her after hearing her sing. Perhaps it was what people needed. A bit of what they once had.

Right now he was making sure he had the supplies on hand. They had found the perfect spot for the place and it would be easy for others to find. In fact there was plenty of grass located in front of it that people could just sit there and listen once it was finished. It had taken awhile to draw up the plans of the domed stage. It was very reminescent of the one that had been on Earth in Sidney Australia, but Joe did not know that. He had never been there. He was simply trying to give the girl what she needed and help others in the process. Right now it was the outer foundation that they had finished. The next part was a series of rooms with trap doors above them. That way stage shows could be done also.

"Hey!" he said as he walked forward to inspect the work. "Make sure you put plenty of mortar there. I need that wall extra strong because it will support one of the main pillars upstairs." They were doing a good job but Joe was picky about getting it right the first time.

Moving back over to his plans, he began giving orders for the trap doors and floor. The doors could be premade and attached when the floor was put down. As soon as the mortar dried, they could put in the beams for the flooring. He pulled another over to count beams to make certain that they had enough for the place. One man was already counting the planks they were going to use for the flooring and figuring up the square footage to make certain it was right. Joe did not want to get halfway or nearly finished only to find out he did not have enough. That would slow things down, but he knew how to run a crew efficiently. He had done it for years before everything changed.

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:56 am
Isambard didn't usually miss a trick. He worked hard to build up alliances among the mortals, to make sure he had feelers in as many directions as possible. Elora, Azriel, the Doctor, those who would keep him informed. He was quite surprised to find on his return from the mountains that there was some kind of construction going on outside of his plans. Not that he controlled everything, no, he was happy, this was a good sign a very good sign indeed. The ball was finally rolling.

He wandered across the field towards the hive of activity. He was alone for once, the rest of his team busy. Cyrus he had given a few days to recuperate. The Djinn had save their bacon many times on their trip and he deserved it. Nisha was cooking the books, Azriel working on the new forge and Elora, well, she was doing what she did best.

The god had his hands in the pockets of his worn trousers, as he walked casually up to the stage. It was hard for him to look inconspicuous since his rebirth, with his mismatched eyes and jointed form. He was looking forward to the day when he would be able to morph again, blend in.
"Hi!" He called out.

midnight_medea

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:35 am
Joe turned at the sound of the voice. "Hello, my Lord." he said, realizing that this was a god immediately. "Is there something I can help you with?"

He placed a rock back into place on his papers so they'd not get moved. As he turned, he noted that one of the workers was moving a crate that was needed in that area. "No. Don't move that crate. If you need parts like that you will have to get another crate of them from Tempest or Saljin at the forge. Those have been counted and I need them there."

The man nodded and walked away, frowning as Joe turned back to the god. "I'm sorry. I just have to make sure that everything stays where it is needed. I promised her to build a good amphitheater and I keep my word."

Then he saw one of the men putting mortar on the pillars. The consistency was getting too thick and hard. "Get more water in that now. Otherwise you will waste that bucketful and have to mix more. I swear I have to stay on top of them for little things." Of course he really didn't mind because it felt good to be doing this again.

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:55 am
eftemie

He had not expected the man to address him as Lord and it took him by surprise. He damned his not being able to change. Still he supposed it was nice to be offered the courtesy, recognised for what he was if not who he was.
"Possibly." Was Isambard's answer as he studied the man, he definitely had the look of someone used to hard work and that was something that pleased the god very much. He listened as the man turned back to correct his workforce, so they were mostly untrained then, or rusty just like his own. Many were unfamiliar with the primitive building methods on offer. There were no mechanical tools ... yet. That could be changed.
"I am Isambard, god of Industry. I heard that there was some construction going on out here so I have come to investigate." He smiled at the man. "Who has commissioned this?"

midnight_medea

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:55 pm
Joe laughed softly. "Industry. Yes, we could use more of that. You are most welcome here anytime. As for commissioned, it was a young woman. She is a singer and has a band. She thought it might make people happier to have some entertainment. She is paying for it, but I understand that her boyfriend is the brother of one of the dragon kings. Takeru, the Blood Shogun. So it is more likely that the money is coming from him as he seems to indulge her himself."

He smiled softly. "She is quite enchanting and I promised to build her a place she would love to sing in. It took me a couple days to draw up the plans once I began. Please have a look if you wish. There is a sketch of what the building should look like when it is finished. I'm having them premake the trap doors as I figure that there may be other shows here also. That will allow for all the things a good theater is known for."

"I was once the owner of a construction business here before everything changed. The Lady Lisana, Laughter, she is my niece," he added. Lisana was Eftemie as far as he could see- at least parts of her were still there.

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:42 am
'Most welcome', as if they could stop him he thought with amusement.
Isambard was surprised at first that the stage was being commissioned by a mortal, though his surprise lessened as he learned that she was semi-related to Takeru. Well, who would argue with a Dragon King, if they wanted something done then it would be done.
"Ah yes, Takeru, I met him briefly, though it was more his host Toshiro I spoke with. I am sure the Lady music will be happy to have such a building." He nodded to himself and appraised the work. "I was hoping for a theatre to be built in town too, to entertain." Keep people happy and they would always want more. He wondered if he was a child of Greed way back when.
"Well, I hope that there will be plenty more work for you in the coming years." Isambard looked away from the structure and back to him. "I have a need to construct public buildings. A hospital, school, library to name a few, sewers need rebuilding too. I have a mind to ask the Dragon King Xun Jiang to aid me with water."

midnight_medea

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:01 pm
"Ah yes, Toshiro. I believe Takeru changed recently. At least he has scales now with a tail and horns."

Joe thought about what Isambard had said. "I have built all those at one time or another as well as factories and warehouses. Lisana's host Eftemie lived in the top of an old factory that I had remodeled into a loft apartment for her. It was where we were until everything went spiraling out of control for a while. I did manage to save some of the plans for sewer works and various things. I was actually going to retire, but now with so much needing done and the knowledge that I have, it has been hard for me to even think of such."

He laughed softly. "I have a few good years left yet. I would be happy to help however you need it, Lord Isambard. This is the only project I have taken on and once it is finished, I would be available." It would take a couple more weeks at the rate they were moving to get the rest done. He needed at least three days drying time on the mortar.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:17 am
Eftemie

(( Don't forget the Val/Taj one XD))

Well that was good news, another reborn who had not gone into hiding.
"Excellent, I myself have changed recently, it feels good to be back." Back and useful. Ifan was an intelligent young man but he was no leader. "Have you thought of taking on an apprentice? To pass your trade onto." Mortals were just that, mortal. Skills needed to be handed down to keeo them alive.
"I'd be glad of your help. I have a foreman, but it is a big job for one man, organising the workers. You have age on your side, wisdom and experience."
Azriel was a smart man, skilled at his job but he could not rebuild a whole town alone.
"Do you have need of any more men or equipment on this build?"

midnight_medea

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:20 am
Joe thought for a moment. "I could use more men once the mortar in the foundation is dry. It would go up quickly at that point. Really all that would need done is to make sure that the floor is right with the trap doors and the upper structure is stable. As for an apprentice, I have thought about it, but I haven't found anyone who loves to build yet. I know that sounds picky but someone who loves to build will find ways to do anything with a little bit of know-how."

"As for equipment, basic hammers, saws, chisels, and nails are really the best to use. The joints are premade when I figure out beams and such. It's a matter of just putting the puzzle together properly at that point. I'm going to need a few metal latches and hinges for the trapdoors. There are a couple of people making things for me at the forge. For this building anyhow."

"Someone should start making a list of the places you want to build. We could set up a schedule and build what is needed in the order that it is needed. And while one is being worked on, others can be gathering the supplies for the next. At least that's the way I've always worked when I've had more than one project. It keeps the men busy and gets things done going from one to the next." He might leave one or two behind to make sure and double check the place but the main crew could be moved forward to the next project.

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:11 pm
Isambard nodded and committed the man's wishes to memory. Men he could certainly rally together, there were enough of them about.
"Not at all, I think people do best when they are dedicated to their job." The god was not a fan of time wasters. "If they are not then you would just be wasting your time." He smiled a little. "I have discovered a source of ore, it will allow us to make larger, pure metal parts, not those recycled from things left behind. I will get a list together for you and the names of some gangs of men who would be happy to work on any of your projects."

Eftemie

midnight_medea

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:04 pm
"Ore? That would be great. A lot of the people I know work at the forge. Good ore would be really useful to all of us. And I will think about finding someone to pass on the information that I know."

Joe smiled. "I look forward to getting the list, my Lord. And I look forward to helping build the places that are needed. I will put those men to good use too. I will see that they learn properly also." That way they could continue what Joe began so that one day when he was not around, others would be able to continue.

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:54 pm
"Yes, the forge." Isambard smiled a little as he thought of his last encounter there. "I have commissioned a larger forge, something better suited to the kind of work needed to build buildings and machines. And, if the word of war with demons on people's lips is true perhaps the mass production of weapons." Industry was fuelled and shaped by war after all. Necessity.

eftemie

midnight_medea

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:47 am
Joe nodded. "A larger forge will help a great deal. And demons... I can believe it. That's why we had to leave Eftemie's building. Demons came thru everywhere out there during that time."

"If not for Mystery and those with him, Tempest and I might never have made it here. He doesn't hesitate to help others it seems," the old man said as he glanced over to see what the men were doing. They were doing everything correctly now but he would still watch them.

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:28 pm
eftemie

Isambard gave a nod and followed the man's eyes back to the construction. He was sharp, the god liked that, attention to detail was important despite what others thought of Industry it was not all quantity over quality.
"I admit I was lucky to have been reborn after the reign of chaos. I hear rumours here and tales there of what happened. The crown became unbalanced. Demons came forth." Destruction did not bother him much, his realm fared well on either side of the crown. "Is there any truth in the rumours that they're still out there?" He asked, he trusted this man's opinion, he had sense he felt.

midnight_medea

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:31 am
Joe glanced over at Isambard. "Yes." he stated firmly. "They are still out there. They ran with the Lady Gaia's arm. I do not understand all the details of such, but Mystery had just fused to his host Jaster when this all happened. Then it became about a race of getting the Crown rebalanced and protecting what was left."

"The forge was Mystery's idea as well as that of Lady Fire and Oath. I'm not certain where either of the others are, but Tajnevaki has never stopped. His silence came during Gehenna also but none know the true reasoning behind it. He himself works in the forge shaping swords when he has the time. Saljin, the shapeshifter who raised Jaster taught him how he had been taught, it is basically an elven forging but with other metals. The people of Baadris can enchant things well. Touran enchants the blades for strength and other things to help."

"If they return, they will not find us slacking in their absence. I understood there to be one god who was injured by their type of magic also, but I do not remember who it was." Joe frowned thoughtfully trying to think of the rumors he had heard. "No. I cannot say for certain who it was. Others might know."

midnight_medea

[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces