Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Age : A Real Fans Guild

Back to Guilds

A dragon age guild. Game focused. A rp forum is available though. 

Tags: Dragon, Dragon age origins, Bioware, Grey Warden, Dragon age 2 

Reply The Dragon Age Guild.
DAI letter from us to Bioware! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ButterFlyCross89

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:56 am
Hello fellow guild members!

I am starting a forum to get some opinions from you all! I came up with the idea

to write a letter from the guild to Bioware through my facebook! There are good

at responding quickly! I need a good number of detailed posts about your

wants/dont wants and please no trolling (which consists of nothing but

complaining, about lets say DA2). Please try to keep more on the subject of

DAI! A simple list would be most effective! I will include which ever topics are

covered most! I will collect and combine Data and when I have typed up the

letter I will post here so everyone can see the finished Product! I will also post

Biowares response to our letter! I am looking forward to your response posts!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 am
make it a sticky or announcement so it stands out?  

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

Inari Fangheart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:38 pm
I would actually like to see if you could play as the child of the warden and Morrigan as a choice of a back story. At least for a human, elf, or dwarf.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:14 pm
I'm pretty certain everything is done now?
The story is finished, the game is actually playable- BioWare annoucned that they would be playing it over christmas.
It's just in prealpha right now so would be RIDDLED with bugs and stuff

Still, it's a little too late to make requests.

BioWare held open surveys about what fans wanted like.. two years ago? maybe one last year?  

NeuroticBiotic

Dangerous Fatcat

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200

jack_diggitydog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:00 pm
I would really like to see a combo of magic and using a weapon like you could possibly some sort of battle mage. what I mean by that is like using a sword and flames in skyrim.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:50 pm
Inari Fangheart
I would actually like to see if you could play as the child of the warden and Morrigan as a choice of a back story. At least for a human, elf, or dwarf.
Rumor circling over DA:I about the Warden child is he/she is going to be playing a role in DA:I.  

Vir Adahlen
Captain

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Vir Adahlen
Captain

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:55 pm
ANDERS ANDERS ANDERS AND MORE FLIPPING ANDERS

Maker forgive me,but am I the only one who is curious about Justice and Anders merging and the change that would happen to a Warden possessed by a SPIRIT SPIRIT GUYS SPIRIT XD

Also....Maric's bloodline...Those who don't know go read the comics,but that is some serious bananas and a mind F----  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:34 am
i think its too late  

The Oed

Versatile Shapeshifter

7,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Inari Fangheart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:27 am
Vir Adahlen
Inari Fangheart
Rumor circling over DA:I about the Warden child is he/she is going to be playing a role in DA:I.
I think i remember hearing something about that but it would be cool to be able to play you main character as the child though smile . I can't wait foe it to come out.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:33 am
Vir Adahlen
Inari Fangheart
I think i remember hearing something about that but it would be cool to be able to play you main character as the child though smile . I can't wait foe it to come out.  

Inari Fangheart

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:14 pm
Yeah, I did not dare too much to tell you, butterfly...**smiles** Tho they might be changing a lot..I still say they went all afraid when they saw what Witcher 3 was offering...deep story and open world...
Speaking of wich, I really would love for things to be more mature...some nakedness won't kill anyone. More grey areas...we aren't kid wo thinks there is only good and evil...
I really want a darker atmosphere to Dragon Age Inquisition...Something closer to Origins...would be even better to go closer to The witcher, maybe...
"If I'm to chose between one evil and another, I'd rather not chose at all"
More warden.
Maybe 2 main characters for 2 points of view?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:42 pm
NeuroticBiotic
The story is finished, the game is actually playable- BioWare annoucned that they would be playing it over christmas.
BioWare held open surveys about what fans wanted like.. two years ago? maybe one last year?

True but they still have awhile before they release and could possible throw in a few things! I wrote bioware when I got to the part in the "The Calling" (book), where Utha was fighting with her bare hands against the darkspawn and thought it would be a great specialization and turns out they were going to be discussing specializations and classes the following week. So even though the game is pretty much done, there is still time to throw in our 2 cents.

jack_diggitydog
I would really like to see a combo of magic and using a weapon like you could possibly some sort of battle mage. what I mean by that is like using a sword and flames in skyrim.

Well if they bring back arcane warrior, I am pretty sure that would be possible.

Vir Adahlen
Maker forgive me, but am I the only one who is curious about Justice and Anders merging and the change that would happen to a Warden possessed by a SPIRIT SPIRIT GUYS SPIRIT XD
Also....Maric's bloodline...Those who don't know go read the comics,but that is some serious bananas and a mind F----

You know I romanced anders earlier and forgot how sweet he is, what a sweet psychopath he is lol. As for the whole spirit thing, it wouldn't surprise me if our inquisitor gets possessed by a spirit during the fade tear. The maric blood line, is some pretty messed up stuff, especially if what sten (now arishok) says is true about calenhad.

LaLuneNoire
Yeah, I did not dare too much to tell you, butterfly...**smiles** Tho they might be changing a lot..I still say they went all afraid when they saw what Witcher 3 was offering...deep story and open world...
Speaking of wich, I really would love for things to be more mature...some nakedness won't kill anyone. More grey areas...we aren't kid wo thinks there is only good and evil...
I really want a darker atmosphere to Dragon Age Inquisition...Something closer to Origins...would be even better to go closer to The witcher, maybe...
More warden.

True nakedness wouldn't kill anyone, as long as it's done tastefully , not something witcher is really good at. I pretty sure that DAI will be kinda dark, with all the death and war and lots of blood. I have a feeling that what Morrigan said in the trailer about bringing peace or destroying the world will have to do with what we do at the end. My theory is that we have a choice, kill the big bad or join the big bad thus saving or dooming thedas.  

ButterFlyCross89

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:29 pm
ButterFlyCross89
NeuroticBiotic

True but they still have awhile before they release and could possible throw in a few things! I wrote bioware when I got to the part in the "The Calling" (book), where Utha was fighting with her bare hands against the darkspawn and thought it would be a great specialization and turns out they were going to be discussing specializations and classes the following week. So even though the game is pretty much done, there is still time to throw in our 2 cents.

jack_diggitydog

Well if they bring back arcane warrior, I am pretty sure that would be possible.

Vir Adahlen
Maker forgive me, but am I the only one who is curious about Justice and Anders merging and the change that would happen to a Warden possessed by a SPIRIT SPIRIT GUYS SPIRIT XD

You know I romanced anders earlier and forgot how sweet he is, what a sweet psychopath he is lol. As for the whole spirit thing, it wouldn't surprise me if our inquisitor gets possessed by a spirit during the fade tear. The maric blood line, is some pretty messed up stuff, especially if what sten (now arishok) says is true about calenhad.

LaLuneNoire
More warden.

True nakedness wouldn't kill anyone, as long as it's done tastefully , not something witcher is really good at. I pretty sure that DAI will be kinda dark, with all the death and war and lots of blood. I have a feeling that what Morrigan said in the trailer about bringing peace or destroying the world will have to do with what we do at the end. My theory is that we have a choice, kill the big bad or join the big bad thus saving or dooming thedas.

Sorry, my teeth grinded there...Witcher not bringing nakedness tastefully? You ever read the books? It,s part of the whole culture of The Witcher's world...It's a polish book and the english translation is horrible...That is again what I dislike from DA2...MAINSTREAM...I don,t want mainstream for dragon age...dragon age origins wasn,t mainstream...Triss Merigold naked in The Witcher? Very estethic, very beautiful. They also have to keep on with the myths from the books...Filipa loves women, she uses her apprentices, she is lesbian...so what?You saw the incredible love making scene between Geralt and Triss in the elven garden? THAT is what I mean...and that is what I want from dragon age...not the poor taste brothels that I'll admit, from the witcher...then again, there is a brothel in dragon age and you can use it...put it or don't...why censor? In The Witcher's universe (anew from the books of Andrzej Sapkowski,) having loose hair is a show of being free, liberated, nobility, etc...So is nudity/revealing clothes...Sorceresses are the ones who mainly are in such cases and it fits the original work...they have a very dark world created by a polish who lived the second world war and took a lot of inspiration from it to create a medieval universe...to quote Claptrap(The borderland robot), can,t always be sunshine and prostitutes...**giggles** ok, my witcher rant is done. Sorry, but the human body is a beautiful thing and the romances scenes were horrible in Dragon age series when it came to making love...Morrigan wore more than normally for christ sake...lol

And that's the thing, about choices...they brought in the damn mass effect wheel of answers in DA2...Top right is good, middle right is neutral and lower right is evil. Left side is to ask more...No,just...no...Not everything gotta be asked implicitly...you choose to kill someone, it has a consequences...I want them to go that far. Not give you a huge warning before hand...
Choosing between 2 "evil" choices isn,t exectly what I mean either...(pres the button or don't, anyone? Mass effect 3 for ya)
I mean that not every choices need to spell out for you how things will turns out...that "good" choices can turn bad...
To me it is part of the immersion...all the choices...not just a descision in your answers, but that beating someone up will make them not sell to you later...you had no ideas he was a shop clerk, you whupped his a** then too bad...

A bigger party...6...please, 6...(Baldur's gate anyone?) I know that keeping the 360 and ps3 in it will restrain a bit what they can do but XboxOne ,ps4 and a top gaming PC could handle 6 characters...

Anew, different perspectives of the same events...if not 2 characters, then choices really changing tides of the story in a way that you play it completly differently...

I'd love a real necromancer class...summoner type...creating an army of the peeps you kill...calling in demons using blood magic...

Sorry for the long ost with whining, I may edit it later or something, right now I'm just back from Qwan Ki Do, hurting everywhere and meeehh! lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:42 pm
LaLuneNoire
ButterFlyCross89
NeuroticBiotic

jack_diggitydog

Vir Adahlen

LaLuneNoire
More warden.

Sorry, my teeth grinded there...Witcher not bringing nakedness tastefully? You ever read the books? It,s part of the whole culture of The Witcher's world...It's a polish book and the english translation is horrible...That is again what I dislike from DA2...MAINSTREAM...I don,t want mainstream for dragon age...dragon age origins wasn,t mainstream...Triss Merigold naked in The Witcher? Very estethic, very beautiful. They also have to keep on with the myths from the books...Filipa loves women, she uses her apprentices, she is lesbian...so what?You saw the incredible love making scene between Geralt and Triss in the elven garden? THAT is what I mean...and that is what I want from dragon age...not the poor taste brothels that I'll admit, from the witcher...then again, there is a brothel in dragon age and you can use it...put it or don't...why censor? In The Witcher's universe (anew from the books of Andrzej Sapkowski,) having loose hair is a show of being free, liberated, nobility, etc...So is nudity/revealing clothes...Sorceresses are the ones who mainly are in such cases and it fits the original work...they have a very dark world created by a polish who lived the second world war and took a lot of inspiration from it to create a medieval universe...to quote Claptrap(The borderland robot), can,t always be sunshine and prostitutes...**giggles** ok, my witcher rant is done. Sorry, but the human body is a beautiful thing and the romances scenes were horrible in Dragon age series when it came to making love...Morrigan wore more than normally for christ sake...lol

And that's the thing, about choices...they brought in the damn mass effect wheel of answers in DA2...Top right is good, middle right is neutral and lower right is evil. Left side is to ask more...No,just...no...Not everything gotta be asked implicitly...you choose to kill someone, it has a consequences...I want them to go that far. Not give you a huge warning before hand...
Choosing between 2 "evil" choices isn,t exectly what I mean either...(pres the button or don't, anyone? Mass effect 3 for ya)
I mean that not every choices need to spell out for you how things will turns out...that "good" choices can turn bad...
To me it is part of the immersion...all the choices...not just a descision in your answers, but that beating someone up will make them not sell to you later...you had no ideas he was a shop clerk, you whupped his a** then too bad...

A bigger party...6...please, 6...(Baldur's gate anyone?) I know that keeping the 360 and ps3 in it will restrain a bit what they can do but XboxOne ,ps4 and a top gaming PC could handle 6 characters...

Anew, different perspectives of the same events...if not 2 characters, then choices really changing tides of the story in a way that you play it completly differently...

I'd love a real necromancer class...summoner type...creating an army of the peeps you kill...calling in demons using blood magic...

Sorry for the long ost with whining, I may edit it later or something, right now I'm just back from Qwan Ki Do, hurting everywhere and meeehh! lol

Ok I admit I haven't read the books, and the love seen with triss in the underground pool was pretty in its own way, but I still think its kinda cheap that he can stick to every girl he comes across. I mean he's supposed to be in love with triss isn't he? but he still has no problem sleepin with other women!

As for the necromancer class hmm I think they have something similar to that already where you can resurrect an enemy and blood magic meh too much of pain and plus I am against it anyway! In DA world as a mage I am an Aequitarian and hold the same beliefs as wynne.  

ButterFlyCross89

Angelicstubborness

Shy Millionaire

14,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:51 pm
More Varric. Much more Varric.  
The Dragon Age Guild.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items