[ORP] Harmony and New Beginnings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:00 pm
User ImageHeimdall climbed the rock as if climbing a stage. The bracelets he wore on his front paws clinked softly as he moved. He was used to having all eyes on him, but this felt different, somehow. This was not a dance competition or a performance. This was him climbing up a rock and into a new chapter of his life. He looked at Ester and smiled before looking at the pride members and visitors gathered here today. The entire pride must be here, and then some.

"Ester said it all," he rumbled when his mate had finished her speech, "We're both very honored, and we will work hard to keep our beloved Sikukuu traditions, and continue creating new ones."

There was a fine balance between keeping true to tradition while still keeping the celebrations fresh, but he hoped they could do it.

"I couldn't dream of this when I visited Sikukuu for the first time," he said, and paused, hoping he struck a chord. It was fairly common for new members to come for the parties, only to stay for the warm friendly atmosphere. He knew that he wasn't the only one born somewhere else. He chuckled as he continued, "Why I might have headed for the hills if someone tried to make me a king at that point... But I'm glad I didn't run off. This pride is my family now."

He decided to stop talking, before he got too emotional.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:37 am
User Image

Savjestan had no idea what was going on. Why were there so many people gathered around over there? He'd heard the commotion from a ways off and been unable to resist following it to the source. Some kind of gathering - the sight of lions made him nervous at first, until he realized half the throng were various other creatures. All were chattering, most were smiling, and a few were perched a top a flat surface and addressing the rest.

It was the strangest thing he'd ever seen.

And of course that meant he'd go have a look for himself. Uncurling from where he'd been watching from up a tree, he let himself slither to the ground and came stamping over to join the celebrating group. Someone said something about a king? He didn't really know what a king was. His experience with groups and prides was limited - he guessed it was a ruler though, given how everyone was looking up at the lion who'd said it.

"I take it something good's happening?" he asked of anyone in earshot. That he was a stranger would have been immediately apparent, but for his part, he looked rather like he belonged - wedged happily into the crowd and all happy (if clueless) smiles.

ShinosBee

Nerd

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:43 pm
Vappu turned her head at Savjestan's question. She beamed at the leotah. She'd never seen him before, but it didn't stop her from being friendly. As a crier for the pride she couldn't really have a bad day. When she was out advertising she was the pride, and she couldn't run around frowning and growling, could she? The days she didn't feel very cheerful she smiled until she fooled herself into becoming genuinely happy. But today her smile was 100% genuine.

"That's right," she chirped, "Spring has got a queen again! Sikukuu has got a queen again!"

It was exciting that Demani had a queen again, even if they'd share her with Vuli. Oh, and the other two clans had a King. But Vappu was too happy to make much sense to someone not already familiar with Sikukku.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:38 am
User Image

Having still not a clue of many of the new rulers being introduced, he sat back silently having full faith that given the opportunity Wing would fill him in on anything she felt he may need to know. She wasn't the type who would leave him out in the cold like that - nor did he believe she had the heart to. She was far too sensitive both to her own emotions and to the emotions of those around her. He was extremely confident that if he began to feel unease, she would do anything in her power to fix that. Though he wasn't feeling unease in the slightest. In fact, he was sort of just the opposite. Extremely comfortable, extremely at ease. He sort of felt like he could belong here. Not once had he felt out of place since his arrival, which was something he had been worried about despite Wing's many attempts to assure him otherwise.

Finally Wing's voice brought a screeching halt to his thoughts, and for a moment everything was silent. But then she began to shed light on her new rulers and everything seemed a little less complicated. "That's excellent news, to hear that only are they capable but dedicated as well. It sounds like your old Queen had placed you in very capable hands. Everyone should be so lucky." He paused a moment, thinking back on the stories his adoptive Mother and Father had told him and Bari of the times before their own. A time when a dark lion had tried to rule their pride .. and for some time had succeeded. The story had given him nightmares for sometime, but had also strengthened his resolve to never let something like that happen to his family. Perhaps that was why he remained such a serious lion to this day? Or maybe he was just always meant to be serious, there really was no clear cut way to know.

"Your pridemates seem very happy with the decision as well, I think you'll be in great hands with these two at your helm." Smiling softly over at her, he continued. "Does this mean you're feeling less tense now that you approve of the decisions made for you?"

SilverLutz
>_< DAT WRITERS BLOCK

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:33 pm
Annchen
Sorry! I had forgotten I got a tag in this <3 ]8

Her shocked expression refreshed itself as a voice slid into ears and out. Suddenly, like a silent wind, there was the lion form the other day. He was wandering in with a proud stance and she felt herself nearly at ease, at least it was a familiar face. Emva stared up at him, that shocked expression vaporated from her jaw and such, but not from her eyes. Someone was speaking to her? She was in slight awe of the ability he had for simply walking up to and speaking iwth others. She herself showed no such bravery and she smiled at his small talk. "I do not know what a Royal Assistant would do." Her statement was honest. "My knowledge within a pride, or with any form of hierarchy is very limited." The admittance made her feel better.

"My clan?" She inquired in a graceful whisper return. Emva took the silence between her question and a possible answer to rearrange the way she was standing and took a moment to sit. Her rump hit the ground very lightly and her tail found its way around her paws. She was sitting up very straight, that is just how she was taught and it showed primarily when she felt a little uncomfortable. A clan? I had not thought of which I would be most suited in! Her mind called out in a silent cry that didn't mirror the smile on her face, would he scold her for the question?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:19 pm
As Heimdall spoke, Wing's smile turned bittersweet. She knew how well he'd lead his new pride, just as he had led the search party to her and her cub. He would be a good king, and his mate a good queen, this she was sure of.

Glancing back at Sitare, she nodded just a bit. "I think everyone is very welcome for this change...after what happened trying to go back to our old ways was hard. This...this might breathe new life into the pride and help us move on." Her ears lifted in surprise at his question, but she gave a soft laugh as she glanced away in embarrassment.

"Yes, I think this will help quite a bit. I'm terribly sorry about not being around...when I got back from my mission I just...needed to be alone for a while to mull things over. But this news and the fact that you're still here have certainly lifted my spirits once again."

Depawsit
All the blocks!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:20 am
"Heh, you and me both," Paean said, "I guess it's just too new to know what it's going to be about. Sounds like a pain though..."

There was a reason he'd never been interested in anything more advanced than being a celebrant. He settled in, his attention split between the happenings on the boulder and the cheetah beside him. Paean had assumed that she was in one of the other clans since he'd seen her around, but perhaps she was a visitor? Or potential new pride member. He smiled encouragingly at her.

"I'm in Kaskazi," he said, "The summer clan. Just like..."

Madakata was speaking again, and a very familiar lioness stepped up beside her, followed by a very familiar lion. Wha...?

"...my sister... Ester..." he said, looking very surprised. "That's my sister... Wow..."

He didn't take in much of what Ester and Heim said, but he managed to close his mouth half way through the speeches at least.

Green Ever After

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:41 am
User Image

Lat'memoo was late to the party as always. He had slept in, it had seemed and had missed most of what was going on. He had slipped in the back and started to watch everyone about, unsure of what really to do other then that. Where would he start? Where would he go? He was lost and confused at first. He had recently joined these lands, and didn't want to be out of the loop, but he still wasn't in the swing of anything yet.

He felt slightly out numbered with everyone around him felines, but they somehow made him feel safe. He wasn't much of a fighter, and didn't like the idea of a fight in the first place. That was one reason he had come here. He was laid back, and only wanted to have some fun. This was the perfect place for that. He smiled at the faces that he was seeing, but hadn't really narrowed in on anyone. Some were sad, he realized.

After a bit, he had seen that the queen was stepping down allowing new reign of the lands. It was a sad thought, but that was what must be done sometimes. It was good to have new leadership from time to time, and he wasn't sure if he should be upset, or happy. He kept quiet in the background and didn't want to bring any attention to himself. He liked to watch and observe and then join into the fun.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:13 pm
Madakata beamed at the new King in warm approval for his tones of love and affection for the pride as a whole. This was why she had felt he and his mate would make such good rulers. Both of them cared very much for the welfare of everyone as a whole, but also as individuals. They wouldn't be left to the task alone, either. She would be there to help, along with the new Royal Assistants as well, when they were appointed.

She took a step forward, focusing her eyes on the crowd once more. Her announcmeents weren't quite done, though nearly so. "There is one last thing I'd like to prsent the pride as the new year begins," she said in a clear voice, all tremor of emotion gone. She smiled as she scanned the gathered celebrants. She saw familiar faces as well as many new faces. The pride was growing, and this made her heart swell. "We have had the pleasure and honor of having someone new join us. He is special, as I'm sure you will all agree. May I present Haddi, the god of Games, who will live and play with the pride from this day forward!" With that, she hopped down from the rock, making room for the next occupant.

Haddi had been eagerly awaiting this chance. He was totally psyched to have found such a perfect home, apart from the dwelling of all gods. Here was a pride full of people who loved to do what he lived for... play games! He'd waited quietly, hidden behind the large rock Madakata had been speaking from. So when she introduced him, he was poised and ready. With a huge grin on his face, he leapt up on the rock, wings spread and brushing Ester beside him.

"Greetings Sikukuu!" he crowed delightedly, practically dancing in place. "I'm so glad to see you all, and I hope I get the chance to encounter each and every one of you individually in your famous games!" Though it probably was rather a shock to some to see a lion with wings... a god!... standing there clear as day, it was hard to find him terribly intimidating. His boyishly tousled mane, big grin, and bouncy manner lent him a youthful, harmless air.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:40 pm
"Hmm yes, I think this will will be good for a fresh start. New leaders, new beginnings, and maybe even some new life!" Slanting his eyes and looking around him, he raised a paw and whispered to Wing, "I believe i've seen some abnormally round bellies on some of your fellow ladies." Winking as he lowered his paw he offered Wing a sweet smile. "All are great signs of a fresh start! Your pride's future is looking very bright." As Wing began to laugh, he was taken off guard by her glance away. Had he said something wrong? But she quickly turned her attention back to him and he let loose a silent sight of relief.

"Nothing to it my dear! If you had personal issues to attend to, who am I to step in their way?" With a slight wave of his paw he chased away her apologies. "You should never apologize for the past, what matters is the present! You're here, and i'm here, and we both seem quite happy! So we have that, and we shouldn't be worrying about what was! Don't you agree?"

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:50 pm
Wing nodded in agreement - there were quite a few females that would soon be mothers, and she was quite happy for them. She would be again, she felt, once she got over the loss of her son. It was slow in coming, but the joys of little paws at her side were soon making their absence known. Perhaps sooner rather than later, she thought to herself, tail curling as it swayed. The memory of the evening spent in the tree with the friendly leopon came to mind...but hybrids weren't fertile very often. Perhaps not, then.

"I do," she said with a smile, looking up at the taller feline. "From here on out, we'll look to the future and not dwell on the past quite as much." It was important to remember the past, of course. She would never forget her son, nor how much she missed him. But now was the time of new beginnings and she needed to keep the past in the past so it wouldn't dampen her future.

The next announcement, however, nearly made her heart stop in shock. She knew of gods, of course, but had never seen one before. The lion that lept to the rocks before her was massive and had wings. Wings! Wings bigger than any bird she'd seen! The grin on his face and the tone of his voice let her basic instincts know he wasn't a threat, but to see a lion so big and powerful and other worldly was...intimidating to say the very least.

"Oh...oh my," she said weakly, staring at Haddi with wide eyes, frozen to the spot. "That...that's a god."

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:13 pm
Sitare was completely absorbed in his conversation with Wing, he hadn't even taken notice of the god! Not until, Wing took notice that is. And when she did, even his jaw dropped, staring upon the massive form before them. It was a shock to his system to say the least. He had no fear of the being, though he had more than enough curiosity for everyone. He had many questions, but this wasn't a time for them. Instead, he could only admire his wings, those bright, massive wings ...

"That .... is most definitely a god..." He managed to mumble as he stared upon Haddi.

"You're future ... keeps looking brighter ... and brighter ... doesn't it?" With a god now in her borders, he would leave the pride in comfort. Knowing that Wing's future was in large, very capable paws. Though, he didn't plan on leaving right away ... He had to admit ... Wing was starting to grow on him, and he really enjoyed this new feeling.

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:00 pm
Well, that was that, she supposed. There really wasn't anything more to say. She felt an odd hollow feeling as she moved away from the pedestal rock. She glanced back to see Haddi bouncing off the large rock, while Ester made her more cautious way down with her mate. The new king and queen. That odd hollow feeling gave a squeeze, and she realized it was due to the drastic change in her life. As if there hadn't been enough of that already. The good thing about this, however, was that things should settle down after this. She would help them choose a Royal Assistant for each of the other three clans, and then life would find a regular pattern. She'd still be heavily involved with her clan, and this helped to lighten her heart.

Further lightening her heart was the sight of a large red-and-black lion, also moving through the crowd towards her. It almost made her giddy how the sight of him filled that hollow place in her with very girlish glee. Was it unfaithful to her deceased mate to find such happiness so soon? Somehow she didn't feel like that was true. He, of all those who knew her, would have wanted her to be happy, to go on with life and find her place beside another, if another presented himself and loved her. Did he love her? Oh yes, there was no question of that. It shone from his eyes and emanated from his every touch. With a glad smile, she went to nuzzle Eloran and stand beside him. Yes, change had come, but hopefully that change would be good.

Ester made her careful way off the big rock, watching with amusement as the god of Games simply plunged off of it and into the crowd. He seemed to enjoy people so much! She'd never known anyone so enthusiastically social as Haddi was proving to be. Life would definitely be interesting with him around! Still, life didn't really need any help in being interesting anymore. She glanced at Heim and smiled, her paws touching solid ground again. She wasn't entirely sure what it meant to be queen of a pride, but at least she wasn't doing it alone. She had her handsome king, as well as the previous queen to lean on.

She turned to see her brother staring at her in suspended surprise. She gave him a merry grin and winked, then began to move through the crowd, greeting familiar faces and new alike. One form in particular caught her eye, and she turned to purposefully speak with a black and lavender hybrid. "G-greetings! My name is Ester, and I don't think I've met you. Have you c-come to celebrate with us?" She gave him a warm smile and an encouraging look, hoping to get him, as well as others, to talk to her, to treat her as one of them rather than someone high and mighty. Ester was not the lofty sort whatsoever.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:15 pm
Wow... It was a little mind blowing to see Ester like that, but it made sense in a way. He'd simply have to get used to it.

"Haddiii," Paean called when the God had finished his greeting to the pride and bounced off the rock. He turned to his rather timid companion, "I know him too. I'm going to go say hi!"

He pushed through the crowd, big friendly grin on his maw. When he got closer he sat up on his haunches and waved his front paws in the air.

"Haddi! High paw!"

Green Ever After

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:27 am
The jovial god chortled at hearing his buddy coming. He willingly rose up, gave the cheerful male a high paw, then bumped shoulders with him. This place was so friendly! He loved it. He watched the new queen begin to circulate through the crowd and beamed. Yes, this was gonna make an awesome new home. Well, second home. Well..... first home to replace his airy godly home, which now would be his second home. Meh, such muddling thoughts weren't worthy of the occasion!

He spread his wings, grinned at everyone around him, and called loudly, "Let's party!" With that, he went bounding off towards the small feast that had been prepared. Perhaps his attitude was a bit too cheerful for the solemn occasion, wherein memories were shared of those lost that year and wrongs were forgiven, but it was indeed the start of a new year, with many new things to look forward to.

((This marks the end of the ORP! You may keep rping if you wish, though!))  
[IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff