Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
it's hard out there for a comic nerd...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

leave me here to cry in a puddle of WHHHHHYYYYY
  lol loser
View Results

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:22 am
my new favorite title is getting canceled.

everything i love dies. this time it's not even dc's fault, so there's a plus.

marvel is canceling their young avengers series. not so much canceling, apparently, as the authors decided they're done with the story they wanted to tell and the company isn't going to push it.

there are three more issues, i think? maybe four. so... there's that. the only bright side is loki gets his own title in january and it looks pretty good.

i'm mostly sad because young avengers is like... the first marvel title i've gotten into. and now.... now it's getting canceled. on the bright side, if i can actually mange to get the next three/four comics, i'll actually have a full run. i've never had a full run before so that's exciting. usually i end up missing a few months and so just give up or get the tpb or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:53 am
Will it at least conclude itself or is it gonna stop on a cliffhanger?  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:02 pm
it should conclude. the author said it was the story they wanted to tell, so it's not so much as canceled as a series, but just the story is done. so hopefully it should wrap everything up.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:51 pm
I guess I can have some respect for a series that knows when to conclude. Some series get caught up in the popularity and just keep on going until everyone is sick of it. It's hard to find that happy equal, though, and I feel like there's no way to satisfy everyone.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:05 am
two times I don't care...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:53 pm
DC's always been bad with continuing a series based on how it sells.

At least Marvel finishes most of the stuff, according to how much the author wants it.  

Patmoto

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:27 pm
i feel like young avengers could have gone further, but i guess in the end, i would really rather have a comic that ends while it's good than one that gets going until it's horrible.

i've noticed too many things keep going because they're popular and not because they're still good, so i think ending early is a lot better way to go. at least go on a good note rather than 'oh jeez finally we were getting sick of you'  
River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games