Submit

Seiko L Rose
Vice Captain

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:43 pm
Finally Im off cigarettes!!! and just on an e cig. its an ego type with ajustable voltage. post below your brand or your view on cigarettes. Anyone try e cigs?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:11 pm
Wow chalk one up for things I didn't know about Seiko. Heh. Well, I don't smoke myself, and I wouldn't date a smoker (were I still in the dating scene).

I've been hearing a lot of controversial information about e cigs. 0

My main problem is that e cigs are trying to market themselves as healthier than cigarettes with no data or research to back up the claim. Looking into it a little bit I can't see any ingredients on the declared list that are harmful other than nicotine, but as these products are not being regulated by the FDA there's no way to be sure that the ingredients list is accurate.

I guess my view on it all is that e cigarettes need regulation and research before I can really have an opinion. They can declare their ingredients list all day long on their packaging but if it's not accurate or if its cherry picked to look good then you don't know what other potentially harmful ingredients you are inhaling along with the declared ingredients.  

Xallybaby

Xallybaby

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:13 pm
Though, by all means, props on getting off of cigarettes smile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:50 pm
Seiko, I thought you were 17!

Also, I don't smoke and don't plan to.  

Sup3r_Bwahaha
Crew

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Seiko L Rose
Vice Captain

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:53 pm
Xallybaby
though flavors may vary the liquid used in e cigarettes is easily made at home, with the same two things that are in personal lubricants glycerin and propylene glycol, then adding nicotine and flovors of your choice. now as for testing as what these can do as vapor we havent really seen it yet yeah, but we do know what these chemicals do on their own.

people argue that propylene glycol is used in antifreeze.... but it is also used in personal lubricants that you can ingest, so I find that a moot point.

I do find it safer (in theory) since its not proven, but common sense tells me that they are a hell of alot better than smoke and tar covering your lungs and those 4,000 add ons they put in cigarettes  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:56 pm
Seiko L Rose
Xallybaby
though flavors may vary the liquid used in e cigarettes is easily made at home, with the same two things that are in personal lubricants glycerin and propylene glycol, then adding nicotine and flovors of your choice. now as for testing as what these can do as vapor we havent really seen it yet yeah, but we do know what these chemicals do on their own.

people argue that propylene glycol is used in antifreeze.... but it is also used in personal lubricants that you can ingest, so I find that a moot point.

I do find it safer (in theory) since its not proven, but common sense tells me that they are a hell of alot better than smoke and tar covering your lungs and those 4,000 add ons they put in cigarettes

I worked in Cosmetics for 10 years, and yes we regularly used Propylene Glycol, it's also used in things like candies as binding agents. No I know propylene glycol is innocuous.

My point was solely that if you purchased your vapors from the store you don't actually know for sure what's in them. Not FDA regulated = they can say whatever they want is in the product, doesn't mean it's true.  

Xallybaby

Seiko L Rose
Vice Captain

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:07 pm
Xallybaby
Seiko L Rose
Xallybaby

I worked in Cosmetics for 10 years, and yes we regularly used Propylene Glycol, it's also used in things like candies as binding agents. No I know propylene glycol is innocuous.

My point was solely that if you purchased your vapors from the store you don't actually know for sure what's in them. Not FDA regulated = they can say whatever they want is in the product, doesn't mean it's true.

true true its kosher grade though wink lol Id like to make my own! they have been around for a while I wonder when the fda will take notice. and the cigarette companies owns a few brands of e cigs themselves so I dont know how much of an opposition on their side there is towards them. It would be nice to manufacture my own before the fda regulates it though razz  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:25 pm
Boris_Badenov

I am 17 O.o  

Seiko L Rose
Vice Captain

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Sup3r_Bwahaha
Crew

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:28 pm
Seiko L Rose
Boris_Badenov

I am 17 O.o
I feel a little better, but concerned at the same time. Don't get caught. I don't want you getting in trouble... unless where you're from, 17 is legal age to smoke. Oh wait, I forgot, you got off of the stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:32 pm
Boris_Badenov
Seiko L Rose
Boris_Badenov

I am 17 O.o
I feel a little better, but concerned at the same time. Don't get caught. I don't want you getting in trouble... unless where you're from, 17 is legal age to smoke. Oh wait, I forgot, you got off of the stuff.
I had smoked since I was 12 so idk lol I turn 18 in april. no one cares everyone smokes in arizona razz stores even sold to me  

Seiko L Rose
Vice Captain

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Sup3r_Bwahaha
Crew

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:36 pm
Seiko L Rose
Boris_Badenov
Seiko L Rose
Boris_Badenov

I am 17 O.o
I had smoked since I was 12 so idk lol I turn 18 in april. no one cares everyone smokes in arizona razz stores even sold to me

Interesting. Also, I forgot to mention I didn't know that your sig was old as the guild. That's kind of neat.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:05 pm
Seiko L Rose
Boris_Badenov
Seiko L Rose
Boris_Badenov

I am 17 O.o

Enkeri
Crew

O.G. Explorer

Sup3r_Bwahaha
Crew

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:11 pm
Dr Sexbad
Seiko L Rose
Boris_Badenov
Seiko L Rose
Boris_Badenov

I am 17 O.o

Wooh!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:27 am
Xallybaby
Wow chalk one up for things I didn't know about Seiko. Heh. Well, I don't smoke myself, and I wouldn't date a smoker (were I still in the dating scene).

I've been hearing a lot of controversial information about e cigs. 0

My main problem is that e cigs are trying to market themselves as healthier than cigarettes with no data or research to back up the claim. Looking into it a little bit I can't see any ingredients on the declared list that are harmful other than nicotine, but as these products are not being regulated by the FDA there's no way to be sure that the ingredients list is accurate.

I guess my view on it all is that e cigarettes need regulation and research before I can really have an opinion. They can declare their ingredients list all day long on their packaging but if it's not accurate or if its cherry picked to look good then you don't know what other potentially harmful ingredients you are inhaling along with the declared ingredients.
THIS IS WHY I ENJOY SPENDING ALL POSSIBLE TIME WITH XALLY.

You see the way her mind works here? It's always so refreshing to be around someone who thinks scientifically about things in the way she does. She always has something new and impressive that she's discovered about the world around us. Tonight I found myself reading about child pyschology and it's views of "death" - one of her college books was laying open.

Credit where credit is due..... I enjoy the way SERCH views his world too. I think I would enjoy his company very much in real life. This is one of the rare instances where I'll actually admit I LIKE the gender confused f** smile  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:30 am
Boris_Badenov
Seiko L Rose
Boris_Badenov

I am 17 O.o
I started smoking when I was 17.  
RAWR: Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces