Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Pokémon Battle Arena
First Pokemon IV/EV'd for Competitive Battling in X & Y!? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who's amped for Gen 6 Competitive Battling?!
  F**k Yeaaaahhhh!!!!!
  Chill out, you tryhard..
  I'm just gonna transfer an old team when Pokemon Bank comes out then go from there...
  Bro, u aint even rdy for my lvl 100 Charizard.
View Results

Archolite

Tipsy Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:20 pm
So, I'm sure many a Pokemon players have already started looking at the competitive aspects. I wanna see who is training what as their first. Ya ain't got to participate if ya wanna be a sly guy, but still.

So, TOPG, what is your first Pokemon Project for Competitive Battling?!?!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:21 pm
I'm raising a Poison Heal Gliscor from scratch. Already got the female Jolly Gligar from hordes with Hidden Ability. Bred for good IV's (Caught in Dusk Ball, whoot! @ New Breeding Mechanics), got the Razor Fang from Battle Maison, EV'd for Max HP/Speed. Just gotta level it up a bit and slap on the moves. Who's ready for some ultimate spammage from Stallbreaker Gliscor?!?!  

Archolite

Tipsy Loiterer

Hex Sableye

Newbie Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:49 pm
Blah, the only thing i've fully EV trained purposely is my Modest Gardevoir from Dianthia. I don't even know her IVs. But I do love Pixilate from Mega Gardevoir. Adds a little "spice" to her move pool.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:59 pm
Lord D Vanity
Blah, the only thing i've fully EV trained purposely is my Modest Gardevoir from Dianthia. I don't even know her IVs. But I do love Pixilate from Mega Gardevoir. Adds a little "spice" to her move pool.
Hah, what movepool? xD
Jk, jk, the most I could find for that was Hyper Voice egg move. Not bad, I say. Not to mention, all sound-based moves go through Protect/Detect now. Worth noting for sure~

Modest is cool though. I wonder where Gardevoir will land in tiers. I'm sure everyone will be trying to include a Fairy on their team, just as most did with Steels before. And Gardevoir already had fanbase, dunno though. Personally, I can't see it rising above UU. Think it's obvious all Megas will be banned as well. So it doesn't have that edge either.

Azumarill kicks its butt anyday. That's my second prospect.  

Archolite

Tipsy Loiterer

Alopos

Shirtless Detective

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:38 pm
After a couple of resets, I got an event torchic with the correct nature and good IVs. Along with it, I've EV trained a Xatu and Zoroark for starters.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:23 pm
I'm waiting for pokemon bank, but I've been working on trying to get a timid shiny eevee. I have a lot of timids, but no shiny :/. Im trying to create Jolteon for a team ill think of in total for later  

Blade-Bracer

Interesting Consumer

Kennisaur

Angelic Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:31 pm
Mine was an adamant natured Azumarill. Rather beastly, there was a time when someone attempted to take it out with an Outrage Garchomp. Even I forgot that she was now half-Fairy.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:06 am
I've fully EV trained a team. As for IVs I'm working on a shiny Protean Froakie.  

MaverickX516

O.G. Entrepreneur

7,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Cabbage Emperor

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:29 am
Bred and ev'd reuniclus, kangaskhan, and hawlucha. EV'd a ditto. Breeding a white flower flabebe that's in a premier ball. I can't decide on the last pokemon. Ferrothorn maybe.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:07 pm
Kennisaur
Mine was an adamant natured Azumarill. Rather beastly, there was a time when someone attempted to take it out with an Outrage Garchomp. Even I forgot that she was now half-Fairy.

I trained myself an Azumarill too. Was always one of my top ten favorite Pokemon. Finally Azumarill will gets its time to shine. wink  

Archolite

Tipsy Loiterer

Kennisaur

Angelic Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:12 am
Cabbage Emperor
Bred and ev'd reuniclus, kangaskhan, and hawlucha. EV'd a ditto. Breeding a white flower flabebe that's in a premier ball. I can't decide on the last pokemon. Ferrothorn maybe.
How do you EV a ditto?

I mean, IV. How do you IV a Ditto.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:45 am
Well, I bred a near-perfect Talonflame with Gale Wings (which has been the bane of every blaziken I've fought on wifi), fully trained up TWO greninjas (one for using mat block in triple battles, the other one a protean for singles), a Gardevoir because Dazzling Gleam is hilarious in triples, did a bunch of resets to get good IV's on the event torchic, a prankster sableye, a solar power charizard, I'm in the process of training a Goodra, and my next few projects are a Magic Guard Alakazam, a Moxie Heracross, and maybe a compoundeyes galvantula to mess around with the new entry hazard  

Hunter of the dusk

Hunter of the dusk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:48 am
Kennisaur
I can see that with the addition of fairies, Outrage will now see significantly less play  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:36 pm
Kennisaur
Cabbage Emperor
How do you EV a ditto?

I mean, IV. How do you IV a Ditto.
I didn't. I caught a ditto with 31 hp IVs and ev trained it.  

Cabbage Emperor

Dangerous Lunatic

Nostalgic_River_shadow

Quotable Cultist

10,800 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:47 pm
*Random person popping in*
i dont care for EV's or IV's :/ but my team is unstoppable.
Challenge me if you dare...

P.S. i need a xerneas and im willing to trade anything for one.. Except..
my main team any of my spare team my ledgends my breeders (to hunt for shinys)
i will trade a shiny for one though :3 but so far my only shiny is a stunky :c

Also i never use mega evolution its so over used e-e  
Pokémon Battle Arena

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas