Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply The Random Guild
Gaia's Changes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:15 pm
Czarcastique

Hey, just trying to find any possible positive detail. Plus Narumi's post that was quoted in the OP of that thread suggests that they would be for this site, not the new one. I'd like to believe the staff for each site would be kept separate but there hasn't been any hard proof of that, so we'll just have to see when these new people are hired.

It's difficult to see any positive with what's been going on the past couple months sweatdrop And they've been promising us things about working on old features for a long time now but we haven't seen a lick of it e.g. the new inventory arranger. And I don't think the staff would be separate. With how lanzer whines about how they "barely break even"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:25 pm
TheLostNobody
Czarcastique

Hey, just trying to find any possible positive detail. Plus Narumi's post that was quoted in the OP of that thread suggests that they would be for this site, not the new one. I'd like to believe the staff for each site would be kept separate but there hasn't been any hard proof of that, so we'll just have to see when these new people are hired.

It's difficult to see any positive with what's been going on the past couple months sweatdrop And they've been promising us things about working on old features for a long time now but we haven't seen a lick of it e.g. the new inventory arranger. And I don't think the staff would be separate. With how lanzer whines about how they "barely break even"

Believe me, I know that. But, in lieu of all of the crazy things going on, having something more to possibly look forward to besides things like the Halloween event (those are always hit-and-miss for me) random freebie items felt refreshing. Events and free items are great and all, but they can't even begin to make up for all of the overwhelming damage Gaia's new management caused to the community. This, on the other hand, if it's true, could start to repair some of it. Of course, none of that will matter unless the management itself actually changes what they're doing, which is really the bigger step that needs to happen, but at least we wouldn't still be at square 1 at that point.

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:28 pm
Czarcastique
TheLostNobody
Czarcastique

Believe me, I know that. But, in lieu of all of the crazy things going on, having something more to possibly look forward to besides things like the Halloween event (those are always hit-and-miss for me) random freebie items felt refreshing. Events and free items are great and all, but they can't even begin to make up for all of the overwhelming damage Gaia's new management caused to the community. This, on the other hand, if it's true, could start to repair some of it. Of course, none of that will matter unless the management itself actually changes what they're doing, which is really the bigger step that needs to happen, but at least we wouldn't still be at square 1 at that point.

The damage could begin to be repaired if they did one key thing - which is to stop releasing flynn's booty and chest. Which they won't do because it makes them money. Yes Gaia is a business and needs to make money but these cash shop sale updates are coming like....every 2-3 days now. It's getting a little ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:39 am
Every frigging announcement is like ''BUY MOAR STUFFFFF!!!'' classified_fu scream  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:28 am
icywind1980
Every frigging announcement is like ''BUY MOAR STUFFFFF!!!'' classified_fu scream

Slight correction, "buy moar stuff....with cash emotion_awesome " Seriously :/  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:51 am
TheLostNobody
icywind1980

It is rather frustrating. I remember when Gaia used to be all about the good times with the community. sweatdrop  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:53 am
icywind1980
TheLostNobody
icywind1980

It is rather frustrating. I remember when Gaia used to be all about the good times with the community. sweatdrop

Exactly. I miss my time spent in a few threads with alot of fun and friends. Friends that are part of the only reason I'm still on Gaia. Which may change at the end of the year since many of them are leaving.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:37 am
TheLostNobody
icywind1980
TheLostNobody
icywind1980

Exactly. I miss my time spent in a few threads with alot of fun and friends. Friends that are part of the only reason I'm still on Gaia. Which may change at the end of the year since many of them are leaving.

I off and on take breaks from Gaia, but I don't think I'll leave forever unless they make it a pay site.  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:40 am
icywind1980
TheLostNobody
icywind1980
TheLostNobody
icywind1980

I off and on take breaks from Gaia, but I don't think I'll leave forever unless they make it a pay site.

It's essentially that, since they're making earning gold pretty much worthless. Gold-only users are getting pretty much shafted.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:45 am
TheLostNobody
icywind1980
TheLostNobody
icywind1980
TheLostNobody
icywind1980

It's essentially that, since they're making earning gold pretty much worthless. Gold-only users are getting pretty much shafted.

Well I just tried playing a jigsaw and found that they've embedded ads in crunchyroll now so I can't even adblock/ noscript them away. They've essentially killed off another piece of Gaia for me.  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:47 am
icywind1980
TheLostNobody
icywind1980
TheLostNobody
icywind1980

Well I just tried playing a jigsaw and found that they've embedded ads in crunchyroll now so I can't even adblock/ noscript them away. They've essentially killed off another piece of Gaia for me.

See? Almost all games are like that. It's not even worth being a part of the site anymore  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:52 am
TheLostNobody
icywind1980
TheLostNobody
icywind1980
TheLostNobody
icywind1980

See? Almost all games are like that. It's not even worth being a part of the site anymore

It feels more and more worthless. I might check out another forum but it kind of feels hopeless since I guess this is the way all forums are headed these days.  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:49 pm
icywind1980
TheLostNobody
icywind1980
TheLostNobody
icywind1980

It feels more and more worthless. I might check out another forum but it kind of feels hopeless since I guess this is the way all forums are headed these days.

I know one girl who did avatar edits on this site a few years back that quit and made her own site complete with items n such. I need to see if my account is still active there lol  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:18 pm
If anyone's going to migrate to another avatar site like I most likely will at the end of this year, I'm planning on making a mass people-finding thread somewhere. Probably within my own guild where it won't get deleted by mods, as I think something like that in the Chatterbox or such would get binned for offsite advertising.

Just a thought since the reality of this place feels so gloomy.

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:25 am
I've tried other avatar sites and they all kind of seemed shallow, if that makes any sense.  
The Random Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff