View Results

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:34 pm
chinotenshi
I'd be afraid of it contributing to migraines, much like tampons do for me, if I left it in for that long.

But yeah, even at home, ICKY. I couldn't deal with it. D:

How much better it is for your v****a than a tampon is WELL worth it, imo  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:00 pm
marzipancakes
chinotenshi
I'd be afraid of it contributing to migraines, much like tampons do for me, if I left it in for that long.

I don't use tampons because if my period hasn't already given me a migraine, a tampon will. I don't want any foreign objects in me during that week because I don't want to risk triggering a migraine that makes it impossible for me to function.  

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:08 am
chinotenshi
marzipancakes
chinotenshi

I don't use tampons because if my period hasn't already given me a migraine, a tampon will. I don't want any foreign objects in me during that week because I don't want to risk triggering a migraine that makes it impossible for me to function.

that's fair. I was going to say that it's also WAAAYYY cheaper in the long run than tampons, but if you just use pads (which sucks btw, I HAAATTE them) they also make cute reusable ones. I haven't looked into it too much because I barely use them since I despise them, but yeah. I kinda want to get some. I could probably just make some though, depending on how they're made.

...I'm going to look into that now.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:38 pm
I have three different brands of cloth pads. I don't use them much since the ablation and my diva cup, but I definitely see a difference in brands, and much prefer my cloth canoe pads over all of them.

Lunapads are nice for their design, though a bit flawed,
Gladrags cheap but meh
Pink Lemonade, I just didn't like the length of their panty liner. Way too short to be functional.  

Arianah

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:28 pm
I just don't want to deal with hand washing blood-stained pads every day. Can't really throw those in the wash now can I?

Also, with how heavy my flow is and how little I can go to the bathroom at work, I'd probably bleed right through a cloth one.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:09 am
I tried the disposable kind (softcup) from a freebie offer because I wanted to do a 'try before I buy' thing and figured that it would give me an idea on what it was like to use a cup. I couldn't get it in right and for the five minutes that it was in, it was itchy as ******** and crinkly and it felt like I'd balled up a ziplock bag and crammed it up my cockchute. It also slowly slid out. I also hurt myself in the process and ripped my perineum a little bit.

Lol cockchute. I'll have to remember that one.

Anyway, I couldn't figure it out at all. I watched the video on their website, read the instructions and spent 15 minutes naked in my living room in front of the computer watching video instructions and contorting my body to try and shove the contraption inside me.

It didn't work.

I know the reusable kind are much different and I keep wrestling with the idea of buying one and just trying it anyway. I mean it's only $30 right? It's not like it's super expensive, but I am very put off by their size. The thing looks to be about the size of a small lime or a plum. I don't understand how I couldn't feel something that big all day.

I don't feel comfortable abandoning 20+ year experience with a tried and true method of period control for an experimental one. I know it that it also takes a few cycles to really get the hang of how to use it properly, and I just don' have the patience for it. Knowing me, i'd bleed all over myself. I had a period incident last year at work where for whatever reason in the morning I forgot to put in a new tampon when I took the old one out and I left work early in tears and had to ride the bus home and walk through public with blood seeped into my jeans.

Tl;dr I'm impatient as ******** and if it doesn't work the first time I flip my s**t.  

Xiporah

Arianah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:52 pm
Why can't you throw them in the wash? Have enough to last a few days, wash with things like towels and add a pre rinse. I used to wash mine with the diapers, but now I just toss them with reg laundry. Some ladies presoak them so they never get stained but the whole reaching into a pot of bloody water grossed me out so I never presoaked. Mine have synthetic tops so they never stained. Just my organic cotton one did. Which I never felt was comfortable anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:45 pm
Xiporah
I tried the disposable kind (softcup) from a freebie offer because I wanted to do a 'try before I buy' thing and figured that it would give me an idea on what it was like to use a cup. I couldn't get it in right and for the five minutes that it was in, it was itchy as ******** and crinkly and it felt like I'd balled up a ziplock bag and crammed it up my cockchute. It also slowly slid out. I also hurt myself in the process and ripped my perineum a little bit.

Lol cockchute. I'll have to remember that one.

Anyway, I couldn't figure it out at all. I watched the video on their website, read the instructions and spent 15 minutes naked in my living room in front of the computer watching video instructions and contorting my body to try and shove the contraption inside me.

It didn't work.

I know the reusable kind are much different and I keep wrestling with the idea of buying one and just trying it anyway. I mean it's only $30 right? It's not like it's super expensive, but I am very put off by their size. The thing looks to be about the size of a small lime or a plum. I don't understand how I couldn't feel something that big all day.

I don't feel comfortable abandoning 20+ year experience with a tried and true method of period control for an experimental one. I know it that it also takes a few cycles to really get the hang of how to use it properly, and I just don' have the patience for it. Knowing me, i'd bleed all over myself. I had a period incident last year at work where for whatever reason in the morning I forgot to put in a new tampon when I took the old one out and I left work early in tears and had to ride the bus home and walk through public with blood seeped into my jeans.

Tl;dr I'm impatient as ******** and if it doesn't work the first time I flip my s**t.

It's SUPER PLIABLE silicone so it bends with you, idk, i don't feel it, except for the stem sometimes. I should trim it but MAN it makes it so easy to grab a hold of. You feel it way less than you feel a tampon because a tampon is like, jammed up your whole [cockchute] and the cup is pretty low.
Also, I got the hang of mine almost right away so I really just think it depends on the person. Super easy to put it - fold it over twice, put it up there, and let go. It feels a bit strange, taking it out, but eh, I got used to that really quickly as well.  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Xiporah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:58 pm
I can't feel tampons at all unless they're in sideways.

I may end up going for it anyway. I don't know though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:07 pm
You should use whatever works best for you, but I prefer the cup over a tampon. It might be worth a try! I could never feel tampons when they were in me, but pulling them out was always agony because of the dryness. I loooove that the cup doesn't dry my bajingo out. And I think the cup is pretty easy to put it in, only thing is that I can't put it in unless I'm sitting on the toilet (I tried sitting on the wall of the tub and idk, it was awful and wouldn't go in at all).  

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:43 pm
Arianah
Why can't you throw them in the wash? Have enough to last a few days, wash with things like towels and add a pre rinse. I used to wash mine with the diapers, but now I just toss them with reg laundry. Some ladies presoak them so they never get stained but the whole reaching into a pot of bloody water grossed me out so I never presoaked. Mine have synthetic tops so they never stained. Just my organic cotton one did. Which I never felt was comfortable anyway.
I'm all icky about it and don't want to wash other towels and whatnot with things that have period blood on them. Hell, even if I get period blood on my pants or whatnot I always wash them separately. I don't know if I irrationally think the blood will stain other things in the wash or what, but I just don't feel comfortable washing non-bloodied things with things that have been bloodied.

s**t, when I'm on my period I try god-awfully hard not to get any blood on my towel after showers, to the point where I will leave my entire crotch region slightly damp and let my pad soak up any moisture.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:49 am
I'm going to be a freak here, but I love the way tampons dry me out. I have A LOT of discharge so my junk always feels wet and squishy and I hate it. My mother was the same way and Sometimes I go into the bathroom just to use toilet paper to wipe away discharge.

Even if my flow has stopped suddenly, the tampon is usually wet enough from stupid v****a discharge to still get it out without much thought.

So if I get a cup, I'm going to constantly feel wet throughout my period? What if I'm leaking and I think it's just discharge?

Xiporah

Arianah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:58 am
The v****a is supposed to be moist. However, the majority of discharge comes from the cervix and as such, the cup would catch most of it. It can be worn between periods for times when discharged is increased like right before ovulation.

But yes, sometimes you check just to be sure you aren't leaking until you get the hang of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:27 am
I know it's supposed to always be moist, but it feels disgusting and uncomfortable. It also gets really itchy if it's too wet, which is a major reason i refuse to use pads. They make my vulva itchy as hell because the pads never really properly absorb the moisture. They just make it sweaty and itchy. Bluch.  

Xiporah

Arianah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:29 pm
I can relate, somewhat regarding pads. It's your body though and what may work for me, may not work for you. It's all a matter of what you are comfortable with.  
Ladies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff