Submit

What you think?
  :OOOOOO
  Meh whatever I suck
View Results

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:58 pm
For those of you who don't know, there will be a new Pokemon anime airing in October to coincide with the release of X and Y. I'm assuming this will just be a Japanese thing, but you can bet it'll at least get subs. It will star Red and Green (in Kanto!). I've heard this is not going to be a series, but a special.

I'm still really excited to see an even more accurate anime adaptation of the original games, even if it's short! It also looks great, visually. What do you guys think?

source  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:34 pm
It's a little weird that it will just be Red starting out from the beginning (again) like Ash did but without a Pikachu... I'm not sure what other big changes they can make since Ash is essentially Red that just doesn't win the Pokemon championship and (likely) has to win his badges.

I do wonder what his starter will be and how he and Green will vary from their predecessors in the anime, as well as Brock.

Does anyone remember the few episode long stint that was Gold going along with his Typhlosion? I wish that'd continued and he could have met Ash/Red at the end.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:45 pm
Meta_Fish
It's a little weird that it will just be Red starting out from the beginning (again) like Ash did but without a Pikachu... I'm not sure what other big changes they can make since Ash is essentially Red that just doesn't win the Pokemon championship and (likely) has to win his badges.

I do wonder what his starter will be and how he and Green will vary from their predecessors in the anime, as well as Brock.

Does anyone remember the few episode long stint that was Gold going along with his Typhlosion? I wish that'd continued and he could have met Ash/Red at the end.

I bet his starter is Charmander since there's a Charmander fighting a Geodude in one of the screenshots. Plus, it's supposed to be Red version.

And yeah, I do remember that from when Pokemon Chronicles used to air. If Red and Ash existed in the same world, it would be kinda weird.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:51 pm
16-bit Jazzy
Meta_Fish

I bet his starter is Charmander since there's a Charmander fighting a Geodude in one of the screenshots. Plus, it's supposed to be Red version.

And yeah, I do remember that from when Pokemon Chronicles used to air. If Red and Ash existed in the same world, it would be kinda weird.
Probably. I'm a lot more excited if he really does start with Charmander. Not thrilled about his design, but pretty pumped for this in general. Maybe it will give more credence to leaving the Pokemon Trainer in SSB4 the way he was in Brawl?  

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:06 pm
Edit: Here's some FOOTAGE  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:17 pm
OMG. Charmander versus Geodude... He'll go through the hardship I went through.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:26 pm
Pikachu vs. Brock is quite the struggle, too, though Ash won in a way that would be impossible in the game. But yeah, having picked Charmander nearly every time, this pleases me.

I like how Brock looks more like in the game, too. Can't wait to see Misty.

The fact that Lance is in it, as well as Blastoise and Charizard, makes me think now that even if this isn't a series, it'll at least cover the whole game and everything we'd wanna see.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:44 pm
Meta_Fish
OMG. Charmander versus Geodude... He'll go through the hardship I went through.
me and him are nothin alike, my hardship was lt. surge.

i wonder if easy to wear shorts guy will be in it...  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:55 pm
Squirtle players have nothing to complain about.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:01 pm
Lt. Surge is soooo easy if you have Charmander, you just have to teach it Dig. Charmander people are at an advantage after they've beaten Misty, I think. Squirtle and Bulbasaur people don't encounter difficulties with gym leaders until at least the third one, but by that point there's tons more Pokemon they could catch and add to their team that they could depend upon instead.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:15 pm
I'm sure this is already a theory but Red should be Ash's dad  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:39 pm
The Eleventh AK
I'm sure this is already a theory but Red should be Ash's dad
lmao that could work.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:25 pm
It could work if Brock and Misty and alllll the other characters who appear in both the game and anime were much older in the anime than in the game.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:48 am
they're all secretly named junior. Misty Junior. Brock Junior. (He's a chip off the old brock)  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:29 pm
[Kegan]
they're all secretly named junior. Misty Junior. Brock Junior. (He's a chip off the old brock)

yeah i was gonna say, they could just say they pass the names down or some s**t  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff