Day One: A Rice Crispie Treat, and a Promise.

I have a major sweet-tooth. It's been a problem I've always had to deal with, when it comes knocking, it is the one who knocks, My favorite things are either Twix, or rice crispie treats. My boyfriend has a smoking problem, he started young, stupidly, to calm his outrageous temper. He's tried to quit multiple times in the duration of our 3 1/2 year relationship. Each time he gets a little better, but also cause we're in a tricky place where he can't have a nicotine addiction; He's went from 1-2 packs a day, to a black & mild cigar every now and again, and mostly cause I ask him to bike up to the corner market and get me a snack.

Today, I decided to try to get him motivated that he should quit, and try to better his health, since smoking definitely doesn't. I'm the Kettle in this situation though, if I want him to start looking forward to his health, I guess that means I should step up. I've already been working on cutting soda out of my life, and sugary-juices, like kool-aid, I've drank so so much water this last week. I've been trying to lose some serious weight, it's my goal for August, cause I absolutely lose all forms of good luck in this month, it's like my bane. Now though, it almost feels like a form of redemption, like if I don't improve by the end of this month even in just the slightest, the rest of my life's purpose is null. When I brought all this up with my boyfriend, he agreed, but then when I turned it on him, how he should take hold of his crutch and cast it aside, he puffer-fished, so he knows I'm right, and just being prideful.

His pride scares me a bit, it's a vendetta set out to get him, and I swear it's going to put him in an early grave, before I'm done showing him how wonderful life can be. He's incredibly special to me, we found each other in weird times in our lives, kind of like a crossing bridge; We started of as just friends, enjoying the company that didn't judge, and just wanted to listen. I didn't know how serious his crutch was to him at this point though, it wasn't until he started spending more time around me as our relationship grew closer; He knew all about mine, our 'getting-together' today is easter, when he brought me an easter basket, telling me that he brought me "the second sweetest and cutest things he could find, cause he had already found the first." The sweets are long gone, but the beanie baby remains, a happy reminder.

This blog is all over the place, my writing style is heavily ADD-based. I get a thought, and in the middle of that thought, I find a connection-thought, and go down that tangent. I try really hard to manage it, but I'm only human.

Which brings me to my concluding thought for the night, cause I need to go do dishes, and shower, for a serious day of cleaning tomorrow. To help my boyfriend motivate, I need to motivate, stick with something and do it. I hope this 365 test helps, I don't really know what I'll talk about, so this could get interesting. Tonight, I made the decision over my last rice crispie treat for a good while, that I will do my darn best to conquer my crutch, and in the process, continue to nag my boyfriend to conquer his. He talks about how he hates people who don't try to improve themselves, but, now he's trying to nag me into getting the ingredients to bake something tomorrow, but I love the idea of home-made stuff. Maybe... we could find healthier ways. Anyways, good night, til tomorrow. Stay sweet.

{I've had a long day around house-cleaning fumes, so probably not the best day to blog, since I feel a little loopy, but I felt like this was a kind of hand-in-hand topic. First day of a year long blog, alongside with a commitment. Any input?}