Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Charm/spell//anythng against fleas?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:17 am
Weird request, I know. But I'm pretty much going all OCD over this.

Since Monday we found out the cats have fleas. They are inside cats, I don't even know how. We probably brought them in or whatever, I don't know.

I gave them flea drops, but that brand doesn't work. So we have to wait 2/3 weeks before we can apply again with a new brand. I'm vacuuming daily, This is my second time this week cleaning the entire house (and washing everything). I groom the cats between 2-5 times a day. and yet the fleas are still here. It's not much (then again, how much fleas are a lot of fleas?). But I keep finding fleas on the cats and so now and then somewhere in house. I also used spray.

Anyhoo. I've been trying to think of a spell/charm/anyyyyything to help me keep the fleas away. But I'm pretty much inspirationless. I know this sounds weird, but it seems to be like one of those last options before I plan on setting the house on fire (I'm kidding -- I swear).

I was hoping any of you had a bit of ideas to get my inspiration and such flowing.

Or else something to get this OCD away. lol  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:25 am
We had a flea problem earlier this year - and we don't even have any pets. What we did to get rid of them was this: sprinkle bicarb soda all over the carpets and any furniture with material over it (the couch, a pet's soft bed, etc.) Leave it in for a day or so, making sure that if you walk or sit on it, that you wiggles around a little to work it in. Then vacuum the next day and put down a little more bicarb. This method got rid of them in a couple of weeks (and there are no icky chemicals!!)  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:08 am
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
We had a flea problem earlier this year - and we don't even have any pets. What we did to get rid of them was this: sprinkle bicarb soda all over the carpets and any furniture with material over it (the couch, a pet's soft bed, etc.) Leave it in for a day or so, making sure that if you walk or sit on it, that you wiggles around a little to work it in. Then vacuum the next day and put down a little more bicarb. This method got rid of them in a couple of weeks (and there are no icky chemicals!!)
that's baking soda right?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:43 am
Dianda Panda
iKillCaustic--uKillMe

Yes. And I can vouch that that worked the best when we had fleas really bad in our house. Also if there are any stuffed toys bagging them up with salt and leaving them for I think we left them for a week will kill the ones hiding there as well.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:02 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Dianda Panda
iKillCaustic--uKillMe

Yes. And I can vouch that that worked the best when we had fleas really bad in our house. Also if there are any stuffed toys bagging them up with salt and leaving them for I think we left them for a week will kill the ones hiding there as well.
baking soda and salt. Okay, gotcha! Thank you guys!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:42 am
Happy to help. smile Fleas are annoying little buggers.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:44 am
Panda: You're welcome.

iKillCaustic--uKillMe

Oh they are. I start getting the paranoid itching when I find one on an animal I've been petting. I started tearing up my legs last time. cat_sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:06 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
iKillCaustic--uKillMe

Oh they are. I start getting the paranoid itching when I find one on an animal I've been petting. I started tearing up my legs last time. cat_sweatdrop

Yeah, I know a couple of people who are like that as well. It's not pleasant.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:38 pm
Put a dish of water on the carpet (if they're in your carpet) and position a lamp over it.
Not magickal but it works.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:08 pm
mechanical kitsy
Put a dish of water on the carpet (if they're in your carpet) and position a lamp over it.
didn't work. XP I already tried that Monday.  

pompoennetje

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:32 pm
Dianda Panda
mechanical kitsy

O.O Weird. You must have vampire fleas, afraid of the light razz  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:06 pm
mechanical kitsy
Dianda Panda
mechanical kitsy

O.O Weird. You must have vampire fleas, afraid of the light razz
I tried it with and without lights. Both had no results. sad  

pompoennetje

SilvyrRayn

Blessed Mage

9,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Homemade Flea repellant  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games