Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Poe, The Campus Cat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee
  OHHHHHHHHHHHHH
View Results

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:50 am
was meowing at me excessively with it's mouth open, and following me around. I think he wanted to be let into the building or something. Since I'm highly allergic I kept trying to back away from him, and he wouldn't stop. I'm about to go back to class I'll see if he's still there.

Anyway, in other news I have a place I'm probably going to move to, so I'll no longer be homeless at the end of this month.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:02 pm
Seems like a cool cat o.o
My sister is allergic to them to but she still likes to play with them haha. Yay new place !  

Dannyxcores
Crew

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:06 am
At least you aren't homeless to the point where you have to freaken live with your parents emo I mean really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sucks. No one will freaken hire me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:00 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
At least you aren't homeless to the point where you have to freaken live with your parents emo I mean really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sucks. No one will freaken hire me.

Cause my parents would have to move in order for me to live with them and finish school? That's probably why I'm not living with them currently, if I was in school over there I might have considered finding an apartment, or lived off the cheap food and free rent.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:09 am
Life sucks here. America ******** sucks. Ppl are blaming OBAMA IN s**t!!!!!!!!!! IF they VOTE A ******** REPUBLICAN NOMINEE IN 2016, OUR COUNTRY WILL BE IN EVEN MORE AND MORE ******** POVERTY THAN NOW, cuz REPUBLICANS BELIEVE that healthcare should be a ******** business, no free education, gays have no rights, etc.....they are stupid. Republicans are ******** stuck in the past in s**t. They are racist, sexist, homophobic, etc...they do not believe in equal rights. so yeah I hope demo crats win in 2016 in s**t, cuz if repubs win, the country will die and go to s**t and oppression against the gays, women, the poor, minorities, etc.... it will go to s**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cuz minorities are taking over. If repubs take over, our country will be a 3rd world nation. MAny of us are in debt and love to buy s**t we can't afford so we get in debt. It will suck. OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE BEING AN AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I was born in Japan or Canada in Nov 2 1989.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:04 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
Life sucks here. America ******** sucks. Ppl are blaming OBAMA IN s**t!!!!!!!!!! IF they VOTE A ******** REPUBLICAN NOMINEE IN 2016, OUR COUNTRY WILL BE IN EVEN MORE AND MORE ******** POVERTY THAN NOW, cuz REPUBLICANS BELIEVE that healthcare should be a ******** business, no free education, gays have no rights, etc.....they are stupid. Republicans are ******** stuck in the past in s**t. They are racist, sexist, homophobic, etc...they do not believe in equal rights. so yeah I hope demo crats win in 2016 in s**t, cuz if repubs win, the country will die and go to s**t and oppression against the gays, women, the poor, minorities, etc.... it will go to s**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cuz minorities are taking over. If repubs take over, our country will be a 3rd world nation. MAny of us are in debt and love to buy s**t we can't afford so we get in debt. It will suck. OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE BEING AN AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I was born in Japan or Canada in Nov 2 1989.

Many of you should stop buying things you can't afford, cause it's not the Governments responsibility to make you buy things you don't need.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:50 pm
cool4
Aoi the Crossdresser

Many of you should stop buying things you can't afford, cause it's not the Governments responsibility to make you buy things you don't need.

I think this is relatively debatable. Because there is a difference between buying up a ton of crap you really don't need like a brand new house or car and electronics, verses things that should be basic like housing (and included bills like electric and water) and food and health care. A lot of Americans can't afford the basics like housing and food and health because jobs pay a pretty pathetic amount (literally not enough to live off of half the time). This should be a government problem. If your people can't afford food and healthcare both in the same month, there should be an issue with this.

And there's an eternal conflict on higher education. Because while on one hand it seems like a senseless expense, on another people are consistently being told without higher education the options in the job market will dwindle to basically working in fast food. Which the current generation has also been told continuously is beneath them and is a pathetic place to work so many don't want to. Because after an entire childhood of being told to do your best so you don't end up in fast food, ending up in fast food is seen as a failure.

Though, on Aoi's point, it really doesn't matter who wins the next election. The country is so split that no decision is really ever going to be made one way or another. I suppose, unless it manages to get to the supreme court where a decision will have to be made. However, elsewhere our elected officials are pretty much split down the middle to the point that no decision is going to have a strong siding.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:13 pm
CaptainTeaTime
cool4
Aoi the Crossdresser

I think this is relatively debatable. Because there is a difference between buying up a ton of crap you really don't need like a brand new house or car and electronics, verses things that should be basic like housing (and included bills like electric and water) and food and health care. A lot of Americans can't afford the basics like housing and food and health because jobs pay a pretty pathetic amount (literally not enough to live off of half the time). This should be a government problem. If your people can't afford food and healthcare both in the same month, there should be an issue with this.

And there's an eternal conflict on higher education. Because while on one hand it seems like a senseless expense, on another people are consistently being told without higher education the options in the job market will dwindle to basically working in fast food. Which the current generation has also been told continuously is beneath them and is a pathetic place to work so many don't want to. Because after an entire childhood of being told to do your best so you don't end up in fast food, ending up in fast food is seen as a failure.

Though, on Aoi's point, it really doesn't matter who wins the next election. The country is so split that no decision is really ever going to be made one way or another. I suppose, unless it manages to get to the supreme court where a decision will have to be made. However, elsewhere our elected officials are pretty much split down the middle to the point that no decision is going to have a strong siding.

I think I meant to say stuff you can't afford and don't need. My other stance is that the education system shouldn't tell you if you work hard you'll lead a better life, cause it's simply not true, or it's not explained the extent in which one would have to work hard, perhaps working fast food should be considered in the "working hard" category.

They need to redefine what higher education is useful for, because we've reached a state where jobs require a specific skill set, and we don't have enough workers with that skill set, so several jobs are filled with people overseas which doesn't help us. The technological age has both helped and destroyed us. I've always seen it as a place to spend another 4-5 years before having to find a job to live off of, until retirement or beyond.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:27 am
cool4
CaptainTeaTime
cool4
Aoi the Crossdresser

I think I meant to say stuff you can't afford and don't need. My other stance is that the education system shouldn't tell you if you work hard you'll lead a better life, cause it's simply not true, or it's not explained the extent in which one would have to work hard, perhaps working fast food should be considered in the "working hard" category.

They need to redefine what higher education is useful for, because we've reached a state where jobs require a specific skill set, and we don't have enough workers with that skill set, so several jobs are filled with people overseas which doesn't help us. The technological age has both helped and destroyed us. I've always seen it as a place to spend another 4-5 years before having to find a job to live off of, until retirement or beyond.

In the US, working 'hard' basically means 'congrats you got a job where you can sit on your a** all day!' The actual jobs that you need to work hard for are the low end jobs. Like, janitors for example. They work hard. They have to clean up other people's messes. But this is seen as a low end job. But I'm probably taking 'hard working job' far too literal.

The real difference between the jobs like fast food and 'real' jobs, is that one is a job, the other a career. Higher education gives the false promise of a guaranteed career.

Most jobs that need a specific skill set don't need people right out of college or people overseas. They should look into training people for that specific job. I personally hate the idea of college now that I'm in it. Because it's suppose to prepare me for my future, but the vast majority of my classes are useless. They are literally what I learned in high school, but vaguely more advanced. No one even gets to the core of what they came to learn until a couple years in. But you can't even get to the good, useful, classes until you've been through the bullshit classes. Which is horrible. Because the entire time, you're still being charged an obscene amount of money. I can understand charging for classes that I care about and classes that will actually train me, because I see that as an investment. However, the mass of English, science, math, and history classes have been pretty much useless to me. And the fact that I have to pay for something useless is highly upsetting. And by highly upsetting, I mean that s**t pisses me the ******** off because ******** them.

For most, I think college is that place to find yourself. Which is ridiculous with the cost of it all. Go find yourself somewhere that doesn't cost thousands of dollars a semester.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:19 am
College teaches you for medicine, law, accounting, science, and teaching.
Pretty much everything else... you're throwing your time and money into 'broadening your horizons' and getting a good grasp on the theories and backgrounds. But no job-training.

But we were all told that if we want a good job we need a college degree.
I tell everyone at that age and if I have kids I'll tell them - career schools are amazing. No BS english and humanities courses. Just straight up job training, with some useful theory. Cooking, butchery, baking, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, auto mechanics, 3D rendering, Autocad, job-specific programming, legal aide, nurse's aide, hotel work, tourism, etc etc etc....

stressed scream  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:58 am
CaptainTeaTime
cool4
CaptainTeaTime
cool4
Aoi the Crossdresser

In the US, working 'hard' basically means 'congrats you got a job where you can sit on your a** all day!' The actual jobs that you need to work hard for are the low end jobs. Like, janitors for example. They work hard. They have to clean up other people's messes. But this is seen as a low end job. But I'm probably taking 'hard working job' far too literal.

The real difference between the jobs like fast food and 'real' jobs, is that one is a job, the other a career. Higher education gives the false promise of a guaranteed career.

Most jobs that need a specific skill set don't need people right out of college or people overseas. They should look into training people for that specific job. I personally hate the idea of college now that I'm in it. Because it's suppose to prepare me for my future, but the vast majority of my classes are useless. They are literally what I learned in high school, but vaguely more advanced. No one even gets to the core of what they came to learn until a couple years in. But you can't even get to the good, useful, classes until you've been through the bullshit classes. Which is horrible. Because the entire time, you're still being charged an obscene amount of money. I can understand charging for classes that I care about and classes that will actually train me, because I see that as an investment. However, the mass of English, science, math, and history classes have been pretty much useless to me. And the fact that I have to pay for something useless is highly upsetting. And by highly upsetting, I mean that s**t pisses me the ******** off because ******** them.

For most, I think college is that place to find yourself. Which is ridiculous with the cost of it all. Go find yourself somewhere that doesn't cost thousands of dollars a semester.

I'm at the 3rd/4th year level of my degree, it does get more interesting, but I've only had a handful of classes that prepare you for the real world. I'm in Computer Science so it can be a lot more relevant, then some classes. Looking into course load, and what I need to graduate, and what fits in my timetable, I have to fill most of my schedule with philosophy, which is rather unfortunate.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:30 am
Well I have a college degree and no one is hiring me. emo I'm scared cuz it's because it's Alamogordo and they are stupid people who would hire high schoolers and HS graduates, cuz if they hire someone with a degree, they are scared that I will take their job away from them cuz I'm smarter than them. So yeah, that's my philosophy...well why I think I am not getting hired.

And all the better jobs that need degrees won't hire me cuz they say I don't have the work experience, but I CANT get work experience if the stupid crap places won't hire me cuz of fear I will take their job away from them. So I am in a freaken pickle. I am registered with 3 unemployment places. (DVR, NM Workforce Connection, and ItsQuest Temp Agency).

OH ANd yes it doesn't matter who wins the election 2016, both will ruin the country at this point, but my philosophy is vote for the party that will ruin it the least, which is the democrats. Republicans will ruin it much quicker than dems cuz of their outdated views.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:14 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
Well I have a college degree and no one is hiring me. emo I'm scared cuz it's because it's Alamogordo and they are stupid people who would hire high schoolers and HS graduates, cuz if they hire someone with a degree, they are scared that I will take their job away from them cuz I'm smarter than them. So yeah, that's my philosophy...well why I think I am not getting hired.

And all the better jobs that need degrees won't hire me cuz they say I don't have the work experience, but I CANT get work experience if the stupid crap places won't hire me cuz of fear I will take their job away from them. So I am in a freaken pickle. I am registered with 3 unemployment places. (DVR, NM Workforce Connection, and ItsQuest Temp Agency).

OH ANd yes it doesn't matter who wins the election 2016, both will ruin the country at this point, but my philosophy is vote for the party that will ruin it the least, which is the democrats. Republicans will ruin it much quicker than dems cuz of their outdated views.

I remember years ago when you were bragging about not working, now that mentality is getting to you. They also tend to not want to hire people with degrees cause out of courtesy they tend to pay them more. They also tend to fear you'll leave the job sooner, because you're likely to find more relevant work, all of these are negatives to an economy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:13 pm
cool4
Aoi the Crossdresser

I remember years ago when you were bragging about not working, now that mentality is getting to you. They also tend to not want to hire people with degrees cause out of courtesy they tend to pay them more. They also tend to fear you'll leave the job sooner, because you're likely to find more relevant work, all of these are negatives to an economy.
SO I GUESS THAT JUST MEANS I SHOULD JUST ******** KILL MYSELF THEN!!!!!!!!!! CUZ I ******** CHOSE THE UNLUCKY WAY TO GET A ******** COLLEGE DEGREE SO I SHOULD ******** KILL MYUSELF@!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO THE ******** CARES LIFE IS FAKE ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Aoi the Crossdresser

River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff