This website has great information on feeding raw -http://rawfed.com/myths/feedraw.html
I switched all my danes to raw in August, it's best to switch cold turkey; my holistic vet says the starches in kibble feed bad bacteria or parasites, so you don't want to feed both raw and kibble; also their tummies build up enzymes to break down raw, feeding both can make the transition harder and cause them to have continuous diarrhea.

Many raw feeders with dogs that have chicken allergies use either beef or pork as their primary meat source and have good results. There is a possibility that your dog was reacting to the chicken because of the quality and source of the chicken, most if not all chicken in kibble is by-product and/or not human grade, meaning the guidelines for sanitation and rendering is minimal or non existent. Also if the chicken is pumped with hormones, antibiotics or fed GMO grains that could cause a reaction. There is a butcher shop here that has all locally raised meat sources, free range, grass fed, cage free, organic, hormone-free type sources, took me awhile to find it. Finding good prices can be tough sometimes for quality meat, but even human grade from commercial grocery stores is a healthier option than kibble because it is at least human grade/better sanitation guidelines. Avoid foster farms meats though at this time, they haven't recalled any of that salmonella contaminated chicken; it is true that dogs can handle a lot of bacteria (mine were eating that chicken before the same week as the news reported the salmonella, they had some diarrhea but were okay) but if you know there is something bad in a source like bad strains of salmonella avoid that source. You can also check out yahoo raw groups, I belong to one and get great deals sometimes, depends on where you live as to if that's an option. Also I recommend this group on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rawtips/ lots of people on there that have been feeding raw for years with great advice.