Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Six Positions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

;O
  o=
View Results

Shikume
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:49 pm
So I was reading articles online and came across this...It's about six job positions that are always looking to hirer...

Link  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:19 pm
*I'm a bit drunk and my laptop is european, so I can't find the number symbol, so I'm gonna use what's in it's place.*

£3 and £4 may be correct, for all I know, but that doesn't you'll get the job. I've applied for both kinds of positions and not been hired, despite my experience.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:34 pm
In counter to those jobs, there's also an argument that people aren't skilled enough to fill them, so they hire people out of state. Which renders the entire education system useless.

At the same time, it's even more evidence that Math/Computer skills are necessary to survive the current state of the job market. Though in some cases I do wish the use of computers for everything didn't happen, and resources didn't have to be accessed through a computer.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:55 am
I love how when I was drunk I read the title for what it was. Now that I'm sober, it makes me snicker. xd  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:04 am
Semok
I love how when I was drunk I read the title for what it was. Now that I'm sober, it makes me snicker. xd

I was sober and was snickering. I had to read it a 2nd time to be sure.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 am
cool4
Semok

I was sober and was snickering. I had to read it a 2nd time to be sure.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. xd  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Shikume
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:48 am
I was wounding if I should have changed the title...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:56 am
Shikume
I was wounding if I should have changed the title...

I think you should keep it.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:20 pm
All those jobs I can't ever get accepted for cuz wanna know why?

FOR ALL OF THEM YOU NEED ******** WORK EXPERIENCE RELATED TO THOSE ARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE IS ALWAYS ABOUT WORK EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOO ******** STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:29 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
All those jobs I can't ever get accepted for cuz wanna know why?

FOR ALL OF THEM YOU NEED ******** WORK EXPERIENCE RELATED TO THOSE ARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE IS ALWAYS ABOUT WORK EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOO ******** STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-x-

Well, you have work experience....you should go to the department of labor and see what they have to offer...  

Shikume
Crew

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:10 pm
Shikume
Well, you have work experience....you should go to the department of labor and see what they have to offer...
Not very much, 1 is from a stupid volunteer place which I think employers don't take seriously, and the other one is also from a crap place where they probably don't even consider it to be a REAL JOB, especially if the stupid supervisors can put me on hold for an entire month. I want a job that doesn't do that. Even if it is crap, as long as I am ******** getting money so I can live with you. sad I can already live with you now if I wanted to and help you pay for the bills so you can have a little extra money to yourself to spend.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:53 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Shikume
Not very much, 1 is from a stupid volunteer place which I think employers don't take seriously, and the other one is also from a crap place where they probably don't even consider it to be a REAL JOB, especially if the stupid supervisors can put me on hold for an entire month. I want a job that doesn't do that. Even if it is crap, as long as I am ******** getting money so I can live with you. sad I can already live with you now if I wanted to and help you pay for the bills so you can have a little extra money to yourself to spend.

Quit being a pill popping alcoholic, clean yourself up a bit, put on a suit and walk into places that might be hiring. Don't care too much about what it is, just tell them you want the job, you're here to learn it, and you'll do the job consistently. If we all could work the jobs we wanted, the jobs we're qualified for the world couldn't function. So go apply to be a dishwasher, learn some respect for restaurants...ect.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:36 am
My first job was working as an Accounting Assistant.

Sadly here, the entry-level accounting jobs tend to get lumped in with secretary. Which requires perfect bilingualism.

And the rest of the Accounting jobs want 3 years of experience.
*sigh*

Oh well, that's always been my backup plan.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:23 pm
KazeRin
My first job was working as an Accounting Assistant.

Sadly here, the entry-level accounting jobs tend to get lumped in with secretary. Which requires perfect bilingualism.

And the rest of the Accounting jobs want 3 years of experience.
*sigh*

Oh well, that's always been my backup plan.
Theres places here that require bilingualism or bilingual preferred (OBVIOUSLY the other language they want you to be bilingual in is Spanish here). Obviously if I apply at a place with bilingual preferred, they are going to hire the bilingual english and spanish person over me. There are also places where they have 1+ years of experience preferred, once again they will hire the ones with the experience over me anyday so it's hard. crying

@Shikume: And I am registered with the department of labor, that's the New Mexico workforce connections place right?  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:26 pm
And I don't wanna go walk out into scary places, people scare me. crying

Stupid DVR is supposed to freaken help me.  
River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games