Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Barbershop Quartets

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Just got a ton of Barbreshop Quartet music on my ipods
  I'm in heaven.
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:28 pm
This might seem a bit weird, but I strongly believe that barbershop quartets are my favorite genre of music, if its considered a genre. While I love all sorts of music very much, I tend to be really REALLY picky, so I can only find a few songs on a whole album that I like of any given genre. However, with barbershop quartets, I tend to just love 'em all. The harmonizin' is just so good.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:26 am
As I said on fb, there's also Sweet Adelines.

You should do some hunting, see if there's a group in town of either one.
If you find a mixed one you could even join! (Since I'm guessing your voice is too high for Barbershop sad )  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:43 am
While this may sound sexist, I actually don't like the sound of women singin'. Almost all the music I have is either boy bands or instrumental. I can't get into music if it's women singin', usually, though I have a few songs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:16 pm
Semok
While this may sound sexist, I actually don't like the sound of women singin'. Almost all the music I have is either boy bands or instrumental. I can't get into music if it's women singin', usually, though I have a few songs.
Your weird. Your sexist against your own kind. That's just weird. (Yes, I am strict that you aren't a guy until you have the p***s)

And most of the songs I listen to the most popular ones are majority by women, very few male songs make it in my popular songs list but some do manage to do it. "Best Love Song' by T-pain, and "The Other Side" by Jason Derulo are climbing quickly, and the Austin Mahone song and Flo Rida are doing well, but that's basically it. Everyone else are mostly women.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:28 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok
Your weird. Your sexist against your own kind. That's just weird. (Yes, I am strict that you aren't a guy until you have the p***s)

And most of the songs I listen to the most popular ones are majority by women, very few male songs make it in my popular songs list but some do manage to do it. "Best Love Song' by T-pain, and "The Other Side" by Jason Derulo are climbing quickly, and the Austin Mahone song and Flo Rida are doing well, but that's basically it. Everyone else are mostly women.

Well, I must point out that there's nothin' sexist about likin' music that's only sung by one gender. It's just a preference. It's like callin' gay people sexist because they don't like p***y. xd I just didn't want people to get the wrong idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:22 pm
Well your weird, weird weird weird. BELIEVE ME I KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR WEIRD>  

Aoi the Crossdresser

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:15 am
Fair enough, Semok. biggrin

There are certain registers of the human voice (either gender) that instantly turn me off to a song.
Like, Touch from the new Daft Punk album. I just hate the guy's voice. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:45 am
KazeRin

There are certain registers of the human voice (either gender) that instantly turn me off to a song.

It's weird, though, because while I don't like female vocals, I like all the boy singers that sing really high pitch and sound like girls. xd

I bet Aoi's gonna think this is weird (of course), but I think the main reason I like instrumental and male vocals is mainly because of the things I see and experience when I listen to music.

This might sound weird, but when I listen to music I REALLY space out. Like, I forget where I am and who I am and what I'm doin'. I escape into the little worlds I've created in my head, complete with many people, religions, languaged, races, ect. One such world is a pokemon world, but the pokemon all speak english and live usual lives with cars and jobs, ect. The main characters in that world, or rather the ones I focus on the most, is a boy band called the Mysterious Meow, and it has 4 meowths in it. When I listen to a lot of vocal songs, I picture the Mysterious Meow singin' to 'em.

When it's suddenly a female vocal, I have nothin' to picture, and it kinda jerks me out of my little world, which is unpleasant. Therefore, I don't have much female vocal music, unless I can work it into my world (such as the wife of one of the meowth singers who sometimes comes by and sings). xd

A lot of the music I have, though, is instrumental. When that sort of music plays, it's kinda like a soundtrack to whatever is goin' on in the world. In a different world, there's a lot of epic fights between good and evil and such, so the instrumental music helps to carry along the battle sequences.

But yeah. I KNOW other people do the same thing. xd  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:49 am
Also, because I can.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:37 pm
Yeah....weird....

And it's called Daydreaming. It makes you even more weird.

We should all make a spreadsheat of ourselves and put a bunch of words and stuff that describes us that makes us weird. Semok would like have over a 100 things that makes her weird.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

GenevieveGautier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:14 pm
Semok
KazeRin

It's weird, though, because while I don't like female vocals, I like all the boy singers that sing really high pitch and sound like girls. xd

I bet Aoi's gonna think this is weird (of course), but I think the main reason I like instrumental and male vocals is mainly because of the things I see and experience when I listen to music.

This might sound weird, but when I listen to music I REALLY space out. Like, I forget where I am and who I am and what I'm doin'. I escape into the little worlds I've created in my head, complete with many people, religions, languaged, races, ect. One such world is a pokemon world, but the pokemon all speak english and live usual lives with cars and jobs, ect. The main characters in that world, or rather the ones I focus on the most, is a boy band called the Mysterious Meow, and it has 4 meowths in it. When I listen to a lot of vocal songs, I picture the Mysterious Meow singin' to 'em.

When it's suddenly a female vocal, I have nothin' to picture, and it kinda jerks me out of my little world, which is unpleasant. Therefore, I don't have much female vocal music, unless I can work it into my world (such as the wife of one of the meowth singers who sometimes comes by and sings). xd

A lot of the music I have, though, is instrumental. When that sort of music plays, it's kinda like a soundtrack to whatever is goin' on in the world. In a different world, there's a lot of epic fights between good and evil and such, so the instrumental music helps to carry along the battle sequences.

Kellin Quinn. Sleeping with Sirens. heart Or, Pierce the Viel - King for a Day / Caraphernilia.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:19 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
Yeah....weird....

We should all make a spreadsheat of ourselves and put a bunch of words and stuff that describes us that makes us weird. Semok would like have over a 100 things that makes her weird.

Hmmmmm. I guess it is daydreamin'. Well that's not weird at all. Everyone does that.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:19 am
GenevieveGautier
Semok
KazeRin

Kellin Quinn. Sleeping with Sirens. heart Or, Pierce the Viel - King for a Day / Caraphernilia.

Oooo! I'm gonna have to look those up!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:43 pm
Semok
Aoi the Crossdresser
Yeah....weird....

Hmmmmm. I guess it is daydreamin'. Well that's not weird at all. Everyone does that.
No everyone does not do that. stare Other people only do that because stupid other people THINK they are doing that. stare Then it's that action that could make the person they thought was doing that that gets them on ******** hold for an entire month.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff