Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Just got denied from another job offer. :stare: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a job?
  Yep, a real full time job.
  Only a part time.
  Nope, I am unemployed
  No cuz I am in school/college
  No because I don't need one/am getting benefits instead
  I only volunteer
View Results

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:28 pm
Trying to talk with my case worker at DVR and tell her what is going on in stuff.

And I just got paid yesterday 280 dollars, those were for the days I worked from May 6 to 17th.

After the 17th, I've never seen a teacher or assistant position ever again, it all has just been custodians.  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:02 pm
KazeRin
cool4
You should just charge more if it's a mac on principle. Studies show that people with macs tend to be willing to spend more on stuff. There's even some websites that use this to their advantage, like travel booking. If you look at a site on a Mac the hotels you'll get listed significantly cost more, then the ones you'll see from a PC.

Yeah... I was trying to think of a more... logical?... reason. sweatdrop
Basically, owning a Mac these days says you have money to waste on aesthetics.

I'm not sure that's entirely what it says about a person. Having a mac in general you're just required to spend more for new updates, applications that should just be free, new computers for hardware that isn't supported by their software updates.

If I keep going the app development route, which I really don't want to. I'll have to get myself a mac, but it would just be a computer I add to my collection for most of the time.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:50 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Trying to talk with my case worker at DVR and tell her what is going on in stuff.

And I just got paid yesterday 280 dollars, those were for the days I worked from May 6 to 17th.

After the 17th, I've never seen a teacher or assistant position ever again, it all has just been custodians.

You're a sub, right? You're not going to get any positions until school starts again. It's summer break. They don't need subs anymore for a while except I guess for summer school sometimes but that's going to be super rare. You either need to work custodial for the next few months or nothing. Though, when I was a sub, even custodial in the summer was rare and only happened like twice. Take what you can get right now.  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:21 pm
Well I"ve been getting phone calls everyday which I kept ignoring. All for custodians.

And what do you mean nothing? There isn't gonna be a NOTHING if I get a real job. There has to be places hiring here for the summer. stare  

Aoi the Crossdresser

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:29 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
Well I"ve been getting phone calls everyday which I kept ignoring. All for custodians.

And what do you mean nothing? There isn't gonna be a NOTHING if I get a real job. There has to be places hiring here for the summer. stare
"Hiring for the summer" would mean they need extra workers during the summer, or that college kids have left town & thus their jobs for the summer.
College has been out since mid-April. Those jobs are gone, buddy.

Take custodian shifts for now, and be happy with whatever other jobs come your way.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:02 pm
KazeRin
Aoi the Crossdresser

"Hiring for the summer" would mean they need extra workers during the summer, or that college kids have left town & thus their jobs for the summer.
College has been out since mid-April. Those jobs are gone, buddy.

Take custodian shifts for now, and be happy with whatever other jobs come your way.
College courses don't get out until like May 12 here.

And the stupid DVR ppl didn't call me so I have to wait til Monday. If I don't get any service by the end of next week I am going to the temp agency, cuz I know they ALWAYS FILL JOBS that are needed there for temps, and if you do good at it they will keep you there.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:32 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
WHY?!

YOU HAVE 4 YEARS OF COLLEGE AND AN EXTRA MONTH IN YOUR SCHOOL YEAR?!

GSFJAHDLjdsjjhWIhjsk  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:17 pm
KazeRin
Aoi the Crossdresser
WHY?!

GSFJAHDLjdsjjhWIhjsk
Why is that weird? 3 months a semester is not enough. Ours is like mid January to mid May, and fall is late August to early December. There is also a summer session, mid May (a week after the spring courses finals end) to really early August. And since it's shorter, the courses are longer.

And when I was in college, face-to-face courses usually only met 2-3 times a week. Monday,Wednesday, Friday for 50 minutes for 1 course, or Tuesday,Thursday for an hour and 15 minutes. This is for main campus, NMSU. How many times do your courses meet and how long are they?  

Aoi the Crossdresser

GenevieveGautier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:17 am
Aoi, the bottom line that you will learn in time is that: you do whatever is necessary to keep up with your lifestyle. If you want to live with your parents, having nothing of any "adult" value, than you can get away with not really working at all. But you won't feel any independence. For a long time I thought that this was an OK way to exist...

What is really worth your time though...is to do like Kaze said, take whatever comes your way...or even better yet, seek more! It is so rewarding. And it doesn't have to be career oriented, it can simply be a means of "stepping stones*. Like, right now, I hate my job, and it doesn't meet up with what I want in life whatsoever. But, I have managed to become independent in every aspect of life with it, and that is so gratifying.

The dark side of living that life of aspiration: being alone. redface crying But, let's not get into that; I don't want to get depresssed right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:48 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
KazeRin
Aoi the Crossdresser
WHY?!

GSFJAHDLjdsjjhWIhjsk
Why is that weird? 3 months a semester is not enough. Ours is like mid January to mid May, and fall is late August to early December. There is also a summer session, mid May (a week after the spring courses finals end) to really early August. And since it's shorter, the courses are longer.

And when I was in college, face-to-face courses usually only met 2-3 times a week. Monday,Wednesday, Friday for 50 minutes for 1 course, or Tuesday,Thursday for an hour and 15 minutes. This is for main campus, NMSU. How many times do your courses meet and how long are they?

Our semesters are Last Week of August - First Week of December / First Week of January - First Week of April.
2 week exam period per semester.
Then there are two intensive semesters during the summer, like 6 weeks each.

Most 3-credit courses meet either once a week for 3hrs or twice a week for 1:15.
During the summer or an "intensive" 6-credit class, it's 3hrs twice a week.
3hour classes tend to have a 15 min break in them.
Math and some comp sci classes meet three times a week for an hour I think...

There are 13 weeks in each of the standard semesters. So ~35 hours of class for most courses.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:35 pm
Sounds confusing. sad

Here it's more easier. But that's for face to face course.

I was a fan of the online courses for the NMSU system, which were much easier. Just doing something big once a week or something, not that bad.

Where the face-to-face are weird like, we meet 3 times a week for 50 minutes, or twice a week for 1:15 minutes. That's how it went. It's either MWF, or Tues/TH.

I'll post an example schedule:

Monday/Wednesday/Friday- A person goes to BIOL111 from 9:30-10:20

then CS 110G from 10:30 to 11:20.

Then lunch

Then 1:30-2:20 to like HIST 101.

Those days are just the MWF days.

Now time for the tuesday thursday days.

Tu/TH- ENGL111G at 10:30-11:45am.

then in afternoon, 12:45 - 2:00pm would be like ANTH125G.

That's 15 credit hours. Gaurenteed they are all FACE TO FACE courses, and this is similar to what my fall 2008 semester listing looked like.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:05 am
I never had a normal semester xd
I either had only theatre classes, an online course, or rehearsals for a show.

But I guess it could have been something like:

Mon & Weds:
10:00 - 11:15 - HIST 398
11:30-12:45 - HIST 271

Monday only:
1:00-4:00 - THEA 211

Tues & Thurs:
1:00 - 2:15 - HIST 263
2:30 - 3:45 - HIST 354

I rarely had class on Fridays. History doesn't schedule Friday classes, and Theatre left Fridays empty because of rehearsals and a required "Fine Arts" course that was a huge 600+ student lecture on Fridays.

My schedule in my last semesters was more like:
Tues & Thurs:
1:00 - 2:15 - HIST 276
2:30 - 3:45 - HIST 370
6:00-10:00 - Rehearsal

Weds:
1:00-4:00 - DFTT 320

Fri:
3:00-8:00 - Rehearsal

Sat:
10:00-6:00 - Rehearsal

And I'd have two shows in a semester.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:33 am
our classes are either 50 minutes a week for 3 days

or 70 minutes for 2 days a week

or seminars which are 1 day a week and long

or labs which can be anywhere from an hour to 2 hours to 6 hours. Or longer.

The summer has condensed and regular semester courses.

Our schedule is september - december. and then January - April. May-August

but the summer is optional and broken up into 6 weeks and 6 weeks for some classes, and the whole time for others.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 am
KazeRin
I never had a normal semester xd
I either had only theatre classes, an online course, or rehearsals for a show.

But I guess it could have been something like:

Mon & Weds:
10:00 - 11:15 - HIST 398
11:30-12:45 - HIST 271

Monday only:
1:00-4:00 - THEA 211

Tues & Thurs:
1:00 - 2:15 - HIST 263
2:30 - 3:45 - HIST 354

I rarely had class on Fridays. History doesn't schedule Friday classes, and Theatre left Fridays empty because of rehearsals and a required "Fine Arts" course that was a huge 600+ student lecture on Fridays.

My schedule in my last semesters was more like:
Tues & Thurs:
1:00 - 2:15 - HIST 276
2:30 - 3:45 - HIST 370

Weds:
1:00-4:00 - DFTT 320

Fri:
3:00-8:00 - Rehearsal

Sat:
10:00-6:00 - Rehearsal

And I'd have two shows in a semester.
HEY Why so many history courses? Are you a history major? o.O  

Aoi the Crossdresser

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:15 am
My minor was in History.

Since my major was in Theatre, I only took 2 history courses in my first year, and then 1-2 every semester after that.
Remember - I only had to do 3 years of university, so I didn't have a ton of credits to waste on random classes. Just my major (48 credits + a mandatory 6-credit course) and minor (24 credits).
The remaining 12 credits I used on doing more shows for theatre, totalling to 90 credits, or 3 years.

College having 4 years does leave room for a double-major or even double-specialization, but for most people it feels like a waste of a year confused  
River of Polls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff