Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Just got denied from another job offer. :stare: Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a job?
  Yep, a real full time job.
  Only a part time.
  Nope, I am unemployed
  No cuz I am in school/college
  No because I don't need one/am getting benefits instead
  I only volunteer
View Results

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:52 pm
This is just getting rediculous. I wonder how many people in freaken Alamogordo have bachelors degrees. I just got denied, and I didn't even have an interview with them. They just said they'd pursue other candidates. stare

Soo stupid, I might as well just work at freaken Mcdonalds or walmart. Already sent my application at the Hastings here, cuz I heard they are supposed to be like hiring all the time or something. I'm gonna do Staples next.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:55 pm
Anyone from Alamogordo, that means you Vicky, Rachel, and Shikume. If you know anywhere that is hiring that would match my qualifications or something, please let me know.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:32 pm
Job huntin' takes time, even with a degree. Times are rough.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:36 pm
Semok
emo It makes me wanna emo

I can be a sub custodian tomorrow if I wanted to. sad URGHH  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:50 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok
emo It makes me wanna emo

I can be a sub custodian tomorrow if I wanted to. sad URGHH

Take what you can get.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:42 pm
I have a part time job.

I work a couple hours a week and make 25/hr

I love being a computer skilled person. It's almost a need in the job market today.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:56 pm
cool4
I have a part time job.

I love being a computer skilled person. It's almost a need in the job market today.
o_o

What do you do?  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:06 pm
KazeRin
cool4
I have a part time job.

o_o

What do you do?

I'm building an iphone app for this optometrist.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:17 pm
I guess I'm sorta part time. I mean, a do a lot of odd jobs, but none of 'em are consistent or pay much.

My mom keeps tellin' me to charge more for tech support, but I'm pissed at how a lot of "tech support" people charge hundred for really easy jobs, and they only charge a lot because they know that most people don't know how easy it is to fix.

But yeah. I'm a web designer, writin' consultant, and research assistant for a small business, a dog walker, a weeder, a plant...planter...person, a house watcher, a cat feeder, and tech support. I also write articles for my community's newsletter, but that's apparently unpaid, which I kinda wish I knew before I took on the job.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:55 pm
I'm going to start getting pay checks soon. Which means I'll have money again.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:50 am
Aaahh.. yeah, that makes sense. I don't know enough to make an app I don't think.

I don't know how much you charge, Semok, but it should be at *least* $25/hr. It's not about how easy the job is per se, it's about the knowledge required.
$100 to run a virus scan is BS and I want to throw a brick at every computer shop that offers that cost of service, but $25 for your time and knowledge is reasonable, and charging more would be completely fair.
Also: Charge an extra 50% for anything Apple. Their machine costs about 50-100% more than a PC so it's insurance in case you need to pay repairs out of pocket.  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:14 am
I charge $10 an hour. So far, the majority of the jobs I've done included getting email addresses to work on outlook, installin' a wireless printer, and changin' a person's password.

There was a slightly harder job when someone's laptop was bein' taken over by a trojan and it wouldn't let me into the administrator account, but that wasn't too hard to fix. The people ended up tippin' me like 50% though, so that worked out nicely.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:37 am
KazeRin
Aaahh.. yeah, that makes sense. I don't know enough to make an app I don't think.

I don't know how much you charge, Semok, but it should be at *least* $25/hr. It's not about how easy the job is per se, it's about the knowledge required.
$100 to run a virus scan is BS and I want to throw a brick at every computer shop that offers that cost of service, but $25 for your time and knowledge is reasonable, and charging more would be completely fair.
Also: Charge an extra 50% for anything Apple. Their machine costs about 50-100% more than a PC so it's insurance in case you need to pay repairs out of pocket.

You should just charge more if it's a mac on principle. Studies show that people with macs tend to be willing to spend more on stuff. There's even some websites that use this to their advantage, like travel booking. If you look at a site on a Mac the hotels you'll get listed significantly cost more, then the ones you'll see from a PC.  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:47 am
cool4
You should just charge more if it's a mac on principle. Studies show that people with macs tend to be willing to spend more on stuff. There's even some websites that use this to their advantage, like travel booking. If you look at a site on a Mac the hotels you'll get listed significantly cost more, then the ones you'll see from a PC.

Yeah... I was trying to think of a more... logical?... reason. sweatdrop
Basically, owning a Mac these days says you have money to waste on aesthetics.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:23 pm
Urghh computer talk. gonk Dun understand.

And I don't even know if I am even allowed to be a sub custodian, cuz according to that horrible hold problem issue, they told me I am only allowed to substitute as a teacher at the high school only, and as educational assistants, or assistants anywhere else (including the HS). So I'd have to call ms b***h (Erica) and ask her if it is ok, since that is all that is being offered. Since if I do take it and do a bad job, i could get in big trouble.  
River of Polls

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff