Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Wheels in Motion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tempted to try sellin' some of my stuff.
  But I don't really have anythin' of value.
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:29 am
So it looks like my life might be startin' to pick up again, and I'm gettin' way excited.

You see, for the past year, after finishin' up my course work for my master's, I moved back in with my parents, since I had no job or anythin'. For the past year, I've just been sittin' around, doin' side work, and havin' my life sucked out of me by my family. I am grateful to be here, don't get me wrong. Not havin' to pay rent is wonderful. However, my family and I just don't get along, and I can't wait to get out of here, but with no job and hardly any money, it's been hard.

WELL! Two of my friends who used to live in my community (who are currently in Cambodia) are going to be movin' about 2-3 hours away so one of 'em can go to a college they got accepted into.

When I heard this, I just wanted to pounce on 'em and ask if I could come, but I've become somewhat mature and knew that that would be rude. Also, they are boyfriend/girlfriend, so I figured they'd want to live alone and such.

Anyhoo, I recently got chattin' with one of 'em and they said that I could come with them. Again, I got really really excited, but I kept my cool and was like "oh, do you mean like visitin'?" to which they replied "yeah, you can either visit or live with us." Pretty much, they are very very geeky and weird people, which is why they're my friends" and they don't know anyone in Salsibury, but they want to keep their geek on, so they actually want some friends to go with 'em.

So yeah, I'm gettin' excited. I'm still poor and jobless, but all the odd jobs I've been doin' are startin' to add up a bit. If I could move in with them it would be an awesome experience. Video gamin' and magic card playin' galore!

But yeah. Update on my life. o3o  
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:21 pm
Things happen for a reason..

Use this reason to make independence for yourself Semok! LIving with people can prove to be frustrating..but it can be a stepping stone! Even if you are very lazy about things, just make it a goal to do ONE thing every day that is progressive. Even if you only call one employment option back a day back to see if they'll hire you; you'd be surprised how that one step a day can turn into a whole new life. This advice comes from my own experience, I am a procrastinator, and I made it a mission to at least pursue one improvement a day. My life is completely different now, from what I thought it would be even from January this year. It works...and it isn't suffocating! It only takes a few minutes of a day to imrpove your life. One step at a time..Then acclimation, and acceptance!

GenevieveGautier

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:28 pm
I've had plenty of experience livin' with other people, one of which was a horrible experience which made me lose all of my savin's. However, I always look on the bright side of things and make the best of it. I mean, if I hadn't met up with that roommate, I wouldn't have taken over one of her kitties as my own, or been there for the birth of my other kitty. The roommate part is always fun, since I'm spineless and usually pretty easy to get along with. xd If I have a roof over my head, my cats in my lap, and at least one place that delivers food to my doorstep, I'm a happy camper.

I'm at that stage in my life where I'm not really sure what path to follow or what I really wanna do short term. I have my long term goals, which I will continue to strive for, but I need somethin' to carry me there. At the moment, I'm allowin' life to drive me in the right direction. I've never had a job I couldn't enjoy, so as long as I get one, I'll be happy. I mean, even as a pizza maker I left my mark by makin' weird pizzas out of candy. xd

In the worst possible scenario, I'd have to take out more loans. Not the best plan, but as a backup it ain't too bad. While I'm in debt, I'm not in as much debt as many people I know, who seem to be survivin', so I'm considerin' myself lucky.

And as dark as it sounds, my very very backup plan, which I'll probably not do for at least 15-20 years, if ever, is to just end it. I mean, it sounds dark, but it really makes me feel better in a strange way. No matter how much I might screw up, I can always just end my life and be done with it. However, like I said, that would never happen for at least 15-20 years, but knowin' that that's an option is kinda nice, since, while I'll be dead, life won't be so hard anymore. xd  
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:52 pm
Semok
I've had plenty of experience livin' with other people, one of which was a horrible experience which made me lose all of my savin's. However, I always look on the bright side of things and make the best of it. I mean, if I hadn't met up with that roommate, I wouldn't have taken over one of her kitties as my own, or been there for the birth of my other kitty. The roommate part is always fun, since I'm spineless and usually pretty easy to get along with. xd If I have a roof over my head, my cats in my lap, and at least one place that delivers food to my doorstep, I'm a happy camper.

I'm at that stage in my life where I'm not really sure what path to follow or what I really wanna do short term. I have my long term goals, which I will continue to strive for, but I need somethin' to carry me there. At the moment, I'm allowin' life to drive me in the right direction. I've never had a job I couldn't enjoy, so as long as I get one, I'll be happy. I mean, even as a pizza maker I left my mark by makin' weird pizzas out of candy. xd

In the worst possible scenario, I'd have to take out more loans. Not the best plan, but as a backup it ain't too bad. While I'm in debt, I'm not in as much debt as many people I know, who seem to be survivin', so I'm considerin' myself lucky.

And as dark as it sounds, my very very backup plan, which I'll probably not do for at least 15-20 years, if ever, is to just end it. I mean, it sounds dark, but it really makes me feel better in a strange way. No matter how much I might screw up, I can always just end my life and be done with it. However, like I said, that would never happen for at least 15-20 years, but knowin' that that's an option is kinda nice, since, while I'll be dead, life won't be so hard anymore. xd

Uhhhg, you know, before I clicked this topic, I stared at the clock without thought for like..three minutes. It is totally bed time. I know I have something to say about this post, but I can't put it together..I guess, at best right now: Semok, I think you can drive life in the direction you want it go with some effort (You just have to decide darn it! It doesn't have to be a complete story! Just one goal even..), instead of waiting for the winds of life to direct you...*Shrugs* I guess it boils down to a sense of self value. And for me, I got tired of feeling "less-than"...content isn't enough, I want ACCOMPLISHMENT. It feels good. 3nodding  

GenevieveGautier

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:46 pm
It's not that I just lay around and do nothin' until somethin' pulls me in a direction. I guess I just have a slightly more laid back approach. I'm always searchin' and tyrin' for things, but when they don't work out, I move on to the next option. It's like trail and error, I guess.  
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:24 am
I hate my life. And SEmok you live with your parents currently now to? It's like me. I live with my parents to but don't want to for the rest of my life. I wanna live with my gf in the future. biggrin So I won't have to deal with my parents.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff