Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your favorite comedy animated Show?
  South Park
  Family Guy (may grind on that in the future)
  American Dad
  Futurama
  Simpsons
  Cleveland Show
  Bob's Burgers
  King of the Hill
  Some other comedy animated show/or combinated of more than 1 of the shows listed
  NONE I HATE COMEDY SHOWS
View Results

Dannyxcores
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:56 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
Dannyxcores
Aoi the Crossdresser
Dannyxcores
Aoi the Crossdresser
Dannyxcores
American Dad..... gross. You should try Bob's Burgers. Tina is my favorite. (She's "autistic" and has glasses)
Is she weird? Does she see weirdly? sad
She's definitely weird. She'll make you feel wrong inside.
Now i'm gonna watch that show. I know my brother Blaine likes it.
Hmmm you probably won't like it.
Why not? I've seen a few episodes. It's about BURGERS!!!!!!!!!! biggrin
Well.... It's more about their awkward family. Yes burgers are there though.  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:29 am
South Park is actually pretty smart.
They use toilet humour and 4th-graders' perspectives to demonstrate just how dumb current events can get.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:46 am
KazeRin
South Park is actually pretty smart.
They use toilet humour and 4th-graders' perspectives to demonstrate just how dumb current events can get.
Are you offended by how they portray you in South Park? Flapping heads?  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:49 am
That's pretty dumb. But silly. Thus funny.

The Royal Wedding episode was hilarious.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:50 am
KazeRin
That's pretty dumb. But silly. Thus funny.

The Royal Wedding episode was hilarious.
That episode confused me. I was all like "Canada has a queen? They have a princess?" Weird.  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:53 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
That episode confused me. I was all like "Canada has a queen? They have a princess?" Weird.

We're technically still part of the Commonwealth, so the British royalty is theoretically relevant to us.
We have the queen on our change and $20 bill. And the news was going on for weeks about the stupid royal wedding.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Dannyxcores
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:54 pm
Oh gosh that was was a tasty episode.  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:46 pm
KazeRin
Aoi the Crossdresser

We're technically still part of the Commonwealth, so the British royalty is theoretically relevant to us.
We have the queen on our change and $20 bill. And the news was going on for weeks about the stupid royal wedding.
What is a commonwealth? sad So you never declared independence? I've asked this to many other canadians passed the past few years in stuff and they said they never had a bloody war like we had in like 1776 in stuff, then when we won that war we became the United States instead of the 13 colonies, then lotsa s**t happened.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

GenevieveGautier

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:54 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
KazeRin
Aoi the Crossdresser

What is a commonwealth? sad So you never declared independence? I've asked this to many other canadians passed the past few years in stuff and they said they never had a bloody war like we had in like 1776 in stuff, then when we won that war we became the United States instead of the 13 colonies, then lotsa s**t happened.

The Common Wealth is ALOT of places Aoi...you should look it up. And Canada is a unique mix of British and French influences getting along, besides the Channel Tunnel anyway...  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:02 am
Aoi the Crossdresser

The Commonwealth initially referred to all of Britain's colonial holdings (US, Canada, India, Hong Kong, Australia, etc etc).
Canada, Australia, and I think still India are independent nations (own government), but still part of the 'commonwealth,' meaning they count the British Queen as their Queen. And this also implies some diplomatic ties; helping out Britain in a war like we did for WWI and II.

Canada is "constitutional monarchy," meaning we have our own constitution and government, and though the Queen has a bit of power, it's limited by our constitution.
A few years ago the Prime Minister (same job as President in the US) wanted to end the Parliamentary Session early (think congress/the senate) because the opposing parties (whoever wasn't elected as the party to run the country) wanted to form a coalition and take over. (the Conservatives were in power but only had like 40% of the votes, however there were 3 other parties which individually had less, but together would have 60%).
He had to go talk to the Governor General, (Queen's representative here in Canada, chosen by the Queen every few years), and convince her that it was a good idea to end the session so the coalition couldn't happen.

This was a big wake-up for a lot of Canadians, usually all the Governor General does is hold awards shows for bad art, or hand out medals at official ceremonies.

This is a long post, but you asked a lot of questions!

We didn't have a war of independence. "Following several constitutional conferences, the 1867 Constitution Act officially proclaimed Canadian Confederation on July 1, 1867."

Basically, we held some meetings with the people running Britain at the time and wrote up an agreement and our own laws.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:34 pm
Canada is weird. I know that when we had our war of independence, many other countries (mainly Latin America) followed us and had wars of independence from Spain and tried to copy our government.  
River of Polls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff