Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
I dressed like a girl today Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

and my arm has a huge zit
  on it.
  it really hurts.
View Results

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:30 am
I put on a dress today, I'm not sure how I feel right now.

it's cute though.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:10 pm
Be proud of yourself. That is more than what most of the people in my village wear at any given time.  

padagira

Hunter

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:30 pm
I wore a dress once. Everyone said I just looked...wrong. xd  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:50 pm
"Oh, this dress looks cute."
*Puts On*
"OMG, look at how fat my arms look!"
*Puts away dress forever*

stressed  

GenevieveGautier

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:44 pm
pbtdkg
Be proud of yourself. That is more than what most of the people in my village wear at any given time.
Village? O.O Are you like an ancient being? O.O

And yeah....cool4? YOU ARE A FREAKEN GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO DUH!!!!!!!!!!! DOESN"T MATTER WHAT YOU WEAR!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE A GIRL.  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:41 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
pbtdkg
Village? O.O Are you like an ancient being? O.O

And yeah....cool4? YOU ARE A FREAKEN GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO DUH!!!!!!!!!!! DOESN"T MATTER WHAT YOU WEAR!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE A GIRL.

yeah but I hardly ever wear dresses or skirts or anything girly.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:40 pm
i own like... one skirt. i think. in the back of my closet. that i usually bring out on laundry day because i need to wash all my pants and that's the only thing still clean. though i've been on search for a really nice/cute dress/skirt. i haven't found any that i deem acceptable. they usually all look bad on me or have a horrible color that i guess other people like, but are just ugh to me  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:41 am
Alright, what the hell. Here's me on a drag night I had with some friends.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Can YOU spot the Semok!?  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:56 pm
The one on the way left? If so, then it's not right cuz YOU ARE A GIRL, so you are supposed to dress up like a guy. sad I don't get it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:42 pm
Yeah. It's not too hard to spot me. However, I almost always dress up like a guy, so I felt like dressin' up like a girl would be more of a shot, which it was xd  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:04 am
Semok
Yeah. It's not too hard to spot me. However, I almost always dress up like a guy, so I felt like dressin' up like a girl would be more of a shot, which it was xd
No you dress up like a guy, DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How come it is more acceptable in society for women to dress up more like men and they won't get ridiculed where if the guy dressed up like a girl they get discriminated against and made fun of? It doesn't made any sense.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:25 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok

How come it is more acceptable in society for women to dress up more like men and they won't get ridiculed where if the guy dressed up like a girl they get discriminated against and made fun of? It doesn't made any sense.

Cause though completely arbitrary, we have "gender" roles in society, it would be acceptable if we didn't feel men should be this masculine figure, and women have feminine traits. But somewhere in history and portrayal of media, art, and many other aspects we've projected these images about the ideal man and the ideal women. Everything we think about fits in these binary roles. And a non binary thinking would be needed to change what is accepted.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:52 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok

Uh, excuse me? Do you know how often I get ridiculed because of how I dress? I think men and women get ridiculed about the same amount, but with women, it tends to be more subtle. Like, women will ostracize other women or hurt their reputation by talkin' badly about them behind their back, whereas men tend to be more upfront and just tease the guy to his face.

I know I'm generalizin' and it isn't that clear cut, but both sides get discriminated against a whole lot.  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:24 pm
Semok
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok

Uh, excuse me? Do you know how often I get ridiculed because of how I dress? I think men and women get ridiculed about the same amount, but with women, it tends to be more subtle. Like, women will ostracize other women or hurt their reputation by talkin' badly about them behind their back, whereas men tend to be more upfront and just tease the guy to his face.

I know I'm generalizin' and it isn't that clear cut, but both sides get discriminated against a whole lot.
No, guys who crossdress as women get more discriminated against, especially in a horrible conservative town (*cough* ALAMOGORDO *cough*). My mom knows one who has gotten discriminated against, gotten laughed at, ridiculed, and gotten things thrown at him because he liked to dress as a girl and has been for like over 30 years. It's stupid.

If a girl dressed as a guy, they don't get ridiculed. Honestly, t-shirt and jeans, and they most likely get nothing since that is what guys wear.

He even asked the girl i was working with at Independent Living disability resource center and asked the caseworker that "Do you think the school district would hire me?" And she said like "I'm not sure, maybe not...the students or faculty could have a problem with you or something...maybe...we don't know."  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:33 pm
Oh, so apparently I'm no one, since I get laughed at, ridiculed, and have had cigarettes and drinks thrown at me from out of car windows because of how I dress. Apparently I just don't count. Oh yeah, and the fact that my whole community and family thinks I'm a horrible failure of a human bein', despite my academic successes, purely because of how I dress, yeah, that's just nothin'.

Oh yeah, and the fact that women who dress up with more cleavage and high heels are more likely to get hired for a job, whereas women who just dress is ********' comfortable clothes are considered "unprofessional," even if it's a suit.
Yeah, lets just ignore that too.

I'm not sayin' that guys who dress like girls don't get ridiculed as well, I'm just arguin' that it's pretty 50/50, but the way women are treated who dress masculinely tend to be ridiculed more silently.  
River of Polls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff