Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Hall of United Brethren

Back to Guilds

In this guild everyone is Gaian and everyone is equal! We are community based and friendly. Come join the fun and make new friends! 

Tags: Community, Friends, Gaia, Role Play, Unity 

Reply The Main Hall
Fluff souls... PET SYSTEM!!!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:43 am
Kay9214
Nights-Rune

For the longest time, I wasn't able to be around for the events, and for a while after that I just didn't do them, so this is almost entirely new to me.

apparently the summer event will be a blast...  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:46 am
Nights-Rune
Kay9214
Nights-Rune

For the longest time, I wasn't able to be around for the events, and for a while after that I just didn't do them, so this is almost entirely new to me.

apparently the summer event will be a blast...

Here's hoping!  

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

Yilanti Midnight

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:32 am
Ooh ooh

Maybe this summer we'll have to save the fluffs from something terrible.

And it involves throwing water balloons? biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:28 am
Yilanti Midnight
Ooh ooh

Maybe this summer we'll have to save the fluffs from something terrible.

And it involves throwing water balloons? biggrin

I so want water balloons back. heart  

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:15 am
User Image
I have no idea what to expect from it.. they said we'd only need one fluff soul, kind of seeming to imply that more than one wouldn't do us any good. The suspense is killing me!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:56 am
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image
I have no idea what to expect from it.. they said we'd only need one fluff soul, kind of seeming to imply that more than one wouldn't do us any good. The suspense is killing me!

OMG new rumours is that its for a new fluff pet system!!!!.......... burning_eyes  

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:31 am
Rumor's been confirmed. I don't have links, but it's in the main thread. Someone official used the term "Pet system" so... That's a thing, now. Or will be.
As for what I think about all of this... There's sort of a "trick" that artists can use... It's not much of a trick, really, but if they're feeling epically uninspired or they're just not creative people, you can, instead of making a creature that is new, creative, or inventive, you just grab a ball, or a blob, or maybe even a cube or something and attach the needed features to it. We've all seen it a million times and by now it has lost all pretense of creativity... A fluff is exactly the same thing. No difference, whatsoever. It's just a "blob" with cutesy, ultra-generic "anime style" eyes attached, and a tiny dash for a mouth.
No, Gaia. I don't want your blob. You may cater to 13 year-olds, but are you sure that most of them are that stupid?
Admittedly, I'm here. No matter what they do, at this point, I'm here and I'm staying. This has been my home for about a decade, now. And I might even (if I bother to update my OS enough that I can get into Towns 2) get one of these little "pets," (and you bet your a** that I'll get all of the achievements) but they could have done so much more... But it's not over yet. It's not out, and they might do something less vapid before it's all said and done, but we all know the score... We shouldn't get our hopes up.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:49 am
Matasoga

Wow you really dislike fluffs...

one of the devs said there would be cats eventually (I hope for Kiki, Coco and all the kitten stars)

to be fair I actually like the fluffs... I know that they haven't been part of Gaia as long as I have but they are still very much a part of Gaia now. I like the little guys and for a pet system its a good place to start. They may not be very hard to draw but at least they are totally original and Gaian...

My issue at the moment is although I have always wanted a pet system they are launching it when they (IMO) should be focusing on things like zOMG and making Towns2 housing work better.

That is not to say I am not thrilled they are launching it but I am worried it will be just used as a distraction to placate us whilst neglected and broken features continue to go unloved. I hope this is not the case.  

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500

Purtie

Obsessive Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:33 am
Nights-Rune
Matasoga

one of the devs said there would be cats eventually (I hope for Kiki, Coco and all the kitten stars)

to be fair I actually like the fluffs... I know that they haven't been part of Gaia as long as I have but they are still very much a part of Gaia now. I like the little guys and for a pet system its a good place to start. They may not be very hard to draw but at least they are totally original and Gaian...

My issue at the moment is although I have always wanted a pet system they are launching it when they (IMO) should be focusing on things like zOMG and making Towns2 housing work better.

That is not to say I am not thrilled they are launching it but I am worried it will be just used as a distraction to placate us whilst neglected and broken features continue to go unloved. I hope this is not the case.

emotion_zombie Waiting for Gaia to fix things emotion_zombie  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:40 am
Purtie
Nights-Rune
Matasoga

emotion_zombie Waiting for Gaia to fix things emotion_zombie

Yeah tell me about it...  

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:32 pm
Nights-Rune
Matasoga

They might be Gaian, but they are, by no stretch of anyone's imagination original. I am no more excited about cats. I'll do what I have to do for the achievement, but I may not care to keep any pet that I get for the event... Not until they have better options than fluffs or cats. Honestly, as much as I hate the creative laziness of a fluff, I'd take one of them with a decent color scheme (like the void fluff) long, long, long before I'd take a cat.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:32 am
Matasoga
Nights-Rune
Matasoga

They might be Gaian, but they are, by no stretch of anyone's imagination original. I am no more excited about cats. I'll do what I have to do for the achievement, but I may not care to keep any pet that I get for the event... Not until they have better options than fluffs or cats. Honestly, as much as I hate the creative laziness of a fluff, I'd take one of them with a decent color scheme (like the void fluff) long, long, long before I'd take a cat.

Ok so you hate fluffs and cats... what pets would you actually like to see?  

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500

rgjh8754

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:32 am
I want to be able to use my summons in Towns 2.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:57 pm
Nights-Rune
Matasoga
Nights-Rune
Matasoga

Ok so you hate fluffs and cats... what pets would you actually like to see?

I absolutely adore dogs, I love chinchillas, and I am deeply interested in mythical beasts. I really enjoy many reptiles, as well, with turtles likely topping the list.
Really, I do consider myself an animal lover. I would love any domestic animal that commonly gives the appearance of being happy to see its human when its human comes home. I haven't seen that behavior from anything so strongly as I've seen it from dogs... Though I did once know a cockatoo named Max that could barely even contain itself when his owner comes back.
Really, aside from fish (which I wouldn't want only because we already have aquariums) I can't think of any animals that I wouldn't want to see, other than cats. They're the only domestic animal that I roundly dislike.  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:51 pm
Matasoga

To be fair my cat treats me like that when I come home...

I would like dogs too though and mythic beasts! 3nodding  
The Main Hall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces