Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Polyglot's and Linguist's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place where people learning languages or studying linguistics can come to discuss and hang out! 

Tags: language, linguistics, polyglot, linguist, foreign languages 

Reply The Polyglot's and Linguist's Guild
Languages

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Patricia Lesley

Wealthy Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:30 am
What languages are currently featured on the site? Along with the more common languages like French and Japanese, I'd like to see if anyone know or learn Sindarin or Esperanto. I really like those two languages because they are pretty and simple, one of each however.

Just for the heck of it, ya know? But this place is pretty not active, so I guess I won't get any kind of response before next week.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:42 pm
Every location has its own section of languages here so it doesn't seem like there's a current 'feature' on anything, though I now wonder which section fictional languages should be in...  

Hikaridranz

Lily-livered Hoarder

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:26 pm
Patricia Lesley
What languages are currently featured on the site? Along with the more common languages like French and Japanese, I'd like to see if anyone know or learn Sindarin or Esperanto. I really like those two languages because they are pretty and simple, one of each however.

Just for the heck of it, ya know? But this place is pretty not active, so I guess I won't get any kind of response before next week.

There's not really a specific feature. Anyone who speaks any language and wants to teach it can come and do so.
Also, sorry for the massively late reply. It's true that most of the members have gone from here. -sadface-

Hikaridranz
Every location has its own section of languages here so it doesn't seem like there's a current 'feature' on anything, though I now wonder which section fictional languages should be in...

If someone came along and wanted to teach it, then I would create a subforum for fictional languages! :B  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:59 pm
I speak English and German - and a bit of Dutch.

Ich spreche Englisch und Deutsch - und ein bisschen Hollälndisch.  

Blade Lorenz

Patricia Lesley

Wealthy Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:15 am
Yeah.. Pretty dead it seems.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:40 pm
I'm still here. Anyone remember if we had welsh lessons? I'm trying to figure out guild it was in. It's been so long.  

buggsie blue

The Polyglot's and Linguist's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff