Welcome to Gaia! ::

Learn To Speak Japanese!

Back to Guilds

A Guild for learning how to speak Japanese on a daily basis! 

Tags: Learn, Japanese, Nihongo, Speak, Japan 

Reply Guild Home
YO!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Aishiteru_Koneko-

Supportive Donator

14,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:02 am
Need tutor if at all possible. I have been learning Japanese by myself for years now and have not really gotten far. I can say almost every entry level things from Pimsleur Japanese learning thinggy....i forgot what its called....
I also have books apon books of Learn Japanese lessons. i am missing a few. (Stolen from me)

I really just want to emerce myself in Japanese. If you can help me please post here.

Arigato Gozaimasu  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:20 pm
I would love to help you out. I've studied for about 4 years. I took classes in college for 2 and a half years of that. Not sure how much I can help but at the very least I can share tips and resources ^_^

I would like a better idea of what you actually know though...
Hiragana and Katakana?
approximately how much kanji?

and to get an idea of what grammar you might know could you tell me what books you've actually used and how far you've gotten?
Also it would be great if you wrote as detailed a self introduction as you could. It can show what you know already. Preferably using Kana and however much kanji as you can.
It might seem to be a lot to ask for but It will really help anyone who want to help you to know where you are with learning. ^_^  

Miyu_Aizawa

-Aishiteru_Koneko-

Supportive Donator

14,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:54 pm
Miyu_Aizawa
um....well i can really only speak it. i have finished Disk one of Pimslers Japanese. thats the extent of my Japanese so far.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:31 am
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Pimsleur.
I tried to see if I could find a bit of what it actually teaches online but no Luck.
So, My friend, I suggest you Spend the next maybe Week working on Hiragana and Katakana, Hiragana you could probably have down in maybe days easy but Katakana will probably take longer to stick, That's normal, don't worry about it. Katakana is a pain in the butt.

Hiragana Chart
Katakana Chart
Practice 1
Practice 2
Practice 3
How to write Hiragana with Japanesepod101
・They also have Katakana ^

I hope that's helpful for you. Because I'm not sure about your level of grammar knowlege and vocabulary I will refer to my textbooks with you and See what you know and don't know from those, chapter by chapter.

I am excited to help you actually because it will be a good opportunity for me review as well ^_^  

Miyu_Aizawa

-Aishiteru_Koneko-

Supportive Donator

14,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:21 am
http://www.pimsleur.com/learn-japanese

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 am
Miyu_Aizawa
thank you, i will make sure to read and try to learn the lessons. xd
i will make sure to send you the names of the books i have. also the Pimsleur link is just above.

-Aishiteru_Koneko-

Supportive Donator

14,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Miyu_Aizawa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:03 pm
-Dream_The_Dream-
Miyu_Aizawa
thank you, i will make sure to read and try to learn the lessons. xd
i will make sure to send you the names of the books i have. also the Pimsleur link is just above.

Wow, pimsleur is soooo expensive...

i've just come across a PDF that is said to be Supplemental reading for the Audio. Does the content seem correct?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:10 am
Pimsleur is overrated if you have studied for that long and not learnt a lot confused . It's also really expensive. I mostly rely on a few basic things and learn by exposure. My vocabulary is really poor, and what I really need is a good EN-JA dictionary, but I could absolutely team up with you when it comes to learning biggrin . I'm sure you know stuff I don't and perhaps I know, or can figure out, something you don't with my "super awesome language-genious-brain" whee . I who can't even properly spell in English whee . English orthography BTW is really weird and difficult on quite a number of words. stare  

Patricia Lesley

Wealthy Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cart Raider 100

-Aishiteru_Koneko-

Supportive Donator

14,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:49 am
Miyu_Aizawa
lol kinda. i did learn all that though. i had the CD set. Its nice and you can always replay every thing if you messed up. i cant spell in Japanese but i can speak some.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:36 pm
-Dream_The_Dream-
Miyu_Aizawa
lol kinda. i did learn all that though. i had the CD set. Its nice and you can always replay every thing if you messed up. i cant spell in Japanese but i can speak some.

Well I hope you've been working on your Hiragana and Katakana.
If you think you are all set I will give you a list of Kanji and probably some vocab to work on. It will probably be based off the Genki textbooks unless I think of something better.  

Miyu_Aizawa

thejade9

Fashionable Bookworm

11,500 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:41 am
What part of the Japanese language are you looking to learn? Are you focusing on grammar, vocabulary, colloquialisms, or writing and reading?

Most likely, your tutor will ask you these same questions, otherwise, it'll be a little more frustrating to get to a starting point.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:15 pm
こんにちは (hello) learning Japanese is very fun i know the hiragana and katakana and i know 100 kaji sweatdrop xp  

Master joanna17

Master joanna17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:20 pm
-Dream_The_Dream-
Need tutor if at all possible. I have been learning Japanese by myself for years now and have not really gotten far. I can say almost every entry level things from Pimsleur Japanese learning thinggy....i forgot what its called....
I also have books apon books of Learn Japanese lessons. i am missing a few. (Stolen from me)

I really just want to emerce myself in Japanese. If you can help me please post here.

Arigato Gozaimasu
i would recommend the Micheal Thomas method on Japanese,i used it and learned a lot from it,this method of learning Japanese has no drills memorization or etc etc also u should master the kana and then worry about kanji later on biggrin good luck on studying^^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:45 am
Master joanna17
-Dream_The_Dream-

Arigato Gozaimasu
i would recommend the Micheal Thomas method on Japanese,i used it and learned a lot from it,this method of learning Japanese has no drills memorization or etc etc also u should master the kana and then worry about kanji later on biggrin good luck on studying^^
Thanks xd ill give it a try  

-Aishiteru_Koneko-

Supportive Donator

14,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Guild Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers