Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Hey Semok! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

happy happy
  dunno why
View Results

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:56 am
Semok
Also, the iris is nowhere near bein' circular. xd
Yes it is. Mine are. Others I see are. It's not like they are square or something.

And your EYEBALL can be shaped like an oval and not a ball? What? That's not right. That sounds like it would hurt if you squeezed it. It's not called eyeBALL for nothing. Your eyeball can't be oval-shaped.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:51 am
Google a picture of the parts of an eye. Sure, when you look at an eyeball straight on the iris looks circular, but when you look at each individual part, the iris is far from it.

The iris acts much like a lens in older cameras, which you can rotate to make them bigger or smaller, which allows more or less light to enter the camera. The iris works the same way, makin' a bigger and smaller openin' for the pupil, which is the black center that you see inside the iris.

Because of this, the iris is shaped more like a donut that gets fatter and thinner.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:21 pm
Semok
Google a picture of the parts of an eye. Sure, when you look at an eyeball straight on the iris looks circular, but when you look at each individual part, the iris is far from it.

The iris acts much like a lens in older cameras, which you can rotate to make them bigger or smaller, which allows more or less light to enter the camera. The iris works the same way, makin' a bigger and smaller openin' for the pupil, which is the black center that you see inside the iris.

Because of this, the iris is shaped more like a donut that gets fatter and thinner.
Weird. Confusing stuff. crying Eyes are weird. I wonder if there is a difference between male and female vision. NOthing much from looking around the internet except that I've found the've done studies that women see much better detail, and I'm sure you've heard this one...much better and vibranter colors, especially in the red area...and that some may even have 4 color cones instead of 3.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok

Weird. Confusing stuff. crying Eyes are weird. I wonder if there is a difference between male and female vision. NOthing much from looking around the internet except that I've found the've done studies that women see much better detail, and I'm sure you've heard this one...much better and vibranter colors, especially in the red area...and that some may even have 4 color cones instead of 3.

But there's only three different types of colour cones possible.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Roisu

Witty Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:41 pm
Aoi is usually full of excrement, but I've also heard that some people have an extra cone. They can see more shades of colors than average.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:09 am
Interestin'. I didn't know that. I fail to see how that would work, though, since colour is seen by the use of the three cones for the three primary colours, red green and blue, and dependin' on which ones are excited and by how much, we see colour. What other colour would be needed for a cone?  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:14 am
It came out of like 2007 or something. Where women can possibly see more shades of red than men can.

And colors appear more vibrant to them, where they are more dull to men. Probably why women care about colors and matching stuff more than men.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:08 am
This talk of colours is reminding me of the book, "The Black Prism"....  

Friend of a vampire

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:31 pm
Friend of a vampire
WHATS IT ABOUT? evil  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:33 pm
I think how it works is, if you have an extra blue cone, then you see more shades of colors, especially blue. Like, the person with an extra cone will see two shades of blue but most people will see them as the same color.

According to Wikipedia, in The Black Prism, "The book is set in a world where colour is the foundation for all magic."  

Roisu

Witty Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:26 am
Well, it's not like you have just one blue cone in your eye. We have many of all three, which is why I wouldn't understand that there is a fourth type because there's no more colours to see in the spectrum.

I could understand that women have more of a type or cone, but I'd like to see how the research was conducted.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:39 am
A enhanced blue cone? I thought it was red that was enhanced. sad They see more shades of red.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Roisu

Witty Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:59 pm
I'm really not familiar with this stuff at all. Sorry  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:15 am
Roisu
I'm really not familiar with this stuff at all. Sorry
Purple girl. biggrin  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Friend of a vampire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:19 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
Friend of a vampire
WHATS IT ABOUT? evil

It's about a guy, who had to fight his brother to become the most spiritually powerful man in the land razz They use colours as maginc. Most people have 1 or 2 if they can use them, the Prism, the guy, has all 7, and so did his brother. There's is only one person born in a generation that can use all 7. Which is why they had to fight. He's trying to protect the kingdom and his b*****d son while not revealing a big secret  
River of Polls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff