Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pakiti Ya'jua Lands [IC]
[PRP] Humble Pie (( Kitwana / Rackney ))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:46 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Kitwana was a humble wild dog by any standards. So when he was praised for anything he did, he always sputtered and denied he had anything to do with it. Honestly, Kitwana didn't care for being in the spot light too much because.. well, all eyes were on him and it made him very, very uncomfortable.

So, that's why he was waiting to drag this baby zebra back until nightfall. It wasn't every day a wild dog managed to best a zebra by himself, even if that zebra was small and lame. The blue male sat on his prize, looking around and sighing. He knew he might have to fight things for it, but he had hoped he dragged it off far enough that no one would bother him too much.

After all, he was an artisan. Someone who made things like necklaces and earrings. He wasn't a hunter! He didn't want the trouble or praise that came with it. There were so few hunters, though, that he thought it was best he helped with the dwindling food supply. After all, Kitwana liked helping people. He didn't even need a thank you for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:50 am
User Image

Rackney was unhappy. His sensitive grey eyes winced away from the bright sunlight of the midafternoon. Normally he would remain asleep until the darkness of night covered the land, but for certain reasons he refused to dwell on, that would not be possible today.

Which meant that not only was he awake at this godsforsaken hour, he was out and moving.

Suddenly the wild dog stopped, sniffing. Why...it smelled like a meal! A fresh one. A nasty glint lit the grey eyes and Rackney began tracking his breakfast.

Perhaps there were benefits to be awake at this time.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:54 am
The blue male decided it might be in his best interest to bury his meal. The smell would no doubt attract others to it, and sitting on it did little good to hide the fact it was a fairly fresh kill.

Sighing, he picked himself up and set to work, digging up the wet, it seemed it was always wet, soil. It was nice and soft under his paws, which meant easy digging. The feeling of the near mud between his paws was enough to relax him, even as compromised as he was.

However, instinct got the better of him and he stopped digging when a scent on the wind caught his nose. It raised the fur on the back of his neck and made him look around with squinted eyes. Someone was close. Or here and watching him.

Crap.

"Who's there?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:57 am
Well well well. Another wild dog. A smaller male, who read as "timid" to Rackney's eye. Perfect. And (currently) in possession of a baby zebra corpse, which he seemed to be planning to bury. Most excellent.

The older wild dog stepped forward, a sharp white grin crossing his face.

"Leave it," he advised the blue dog. "And you should probably leave as well, while you're at it." This little weakling would be at a total disadvantage if it came to a fight, Rackney was certain of it. This was his meal now...it only remained for the other male to recognize it.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:02 am
When the other dog came into sight, Kitwana's ears laid flat against his head and a growl threatened to bubble up. Naturally, he suppressed the growl. This other male was bigger than him, but there was no way he was going to give up his meal. Hopefully, they could talk this out and it would end up in his own favor.

Gulping down his worry, he opened his mouth. "I can't do that... You see, this is for my pack. We've got a few mouths to feed and well.." He trailed off, brows knitting. "It's a new pack, so we're... we're just getting things together. We haven't gathered that much food."

Maybe he could compel the other with the story to feel sorry for them and not take this zebra. He didn't want a fight. So if the other dog came for him, Kitwana would abandon this kill and run back to the pack, tail between his legs. He probably wouldn't speak of what happened, either. The others might pity him because he was just so timid.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:33 am
Rackney snorted. Not with disbelief, he had a feeling that this young fool couldn't lie his way out of anything, but with rough amusement that the boy would try to persuade him.

"A new pack, eh?" the black and white dog threw the other's words back in his face. "Well if your pack wanted food so badly, they should have sent a group to hunt. Everyone knows that only the strong and the desperate travel by themselves."

Grey eyes gleamed.

"And I think you know where each of us falls in those categories." He grinned again, showing tooth.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 am
The 'names' that were being thrown around didn't affect him at all, but it did make him uneasy. Sighing a little more, his ears swiveled this way and that. "I ... didn't join the hunting pack because there seemed to be a little too many dogs going in one direction. I thought it best if we .. You know, split up?" His voice went up at the end of the question, almost into a high pitched sort of way. He was scared, yes. Kitwana didn't want to be attacked at all.

"So could you.. Let me take this back to our pack? We have a couple of mothers expecting and they... they need the food more than anyone else in the pack does."

He shifted on his paws nervously and almost gave a sort of a whine at it. Swallowing a little, he just shifted about nervously, sitting on his zebra once again.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:52 am
Well, the little pup had some pluck to him, now didn't he? Still, Rackney was disinclined to let the boy get away clean...particularly not with that meat. His smile never changed, but eyes became colder.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that," he informed the blue dog. Well, okay, he could, but the boy would have to kill or incapacitate Rackney in order to lay solid claim to the meat...and the black and white male didn't see that happening. Ever.

"But if you're a smart pup, and just go now...I'll let you go uninjured," he offered. It was the kindest he was going to be all day.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:01 pm
Seeing how this was going to end up a fight if he didn't walk away now, Kitwana gave a whimper and hung his head down. Shifting, he got off of the zebra and stepped to the side for him. "T-then... I'll leave you to the meal," he said with a whining whimper. Swallowing a little more, the blue male tried to back away.

Hopefully the other would let him go uninjured like he said. His tail was definitely between his legs now. Please. Please let him keep his word. Let him take the meat and go. Or let me go. Just... ugh. His thoughts were swimming as he slowly backed away.

"E-enjoy."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:07 pm
"My thanks," Rackney replied with a nasty smile as he moved to stand possessively over the dead zebra. He could have given chase and taught the blue dog a lesson the boy wouldn't soon forget, but he was much more interested in breakfast than violence.

At least, at this time.

He didn't deign to speak to the younger dog any further, but the other words he could have said played through his mind.

Run, run, as fast as you can. But don't worry, I'll catch you in the end.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Pakiti Ya'jua Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces