Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:24 pm
User Image

I have seen beasts bathed in glory,User Image

Sariel dropped his hand to his sides. "Huh. Well that could have gone worse," he said nonchalantly. He looked back at Az. "So what now? She obviously didn't believe us. You should be better at this father-daughter thing than I am." He walked back over to the chair he was sitting in and sat down.

tread across the angels as they crawl.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:36 pm
User Image
Keep it coming and I'll light the way home

"Well, when Mei's upset at me..." He sighed and shrugged. "I usually give her her space, then try and talk to her once she's cooled down. Give her time, you know? But... people are different. Talya doesn't seem as level headed as Mei usually is. I don't know how to treat this situation." He shook his head, and for a moment, he was silent. "Well... how about this. You take a job here, we're always needing staff, and you can stick around and try to talk sense into her?" He raised an eyebrow. "It's plain to see she already hates me, but you may have a fighting chance."

I'll be there to take your hurt
Even if I come off worse

GrandCreationist
Captain

Desirable Bookworm

8,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • First step to fame 200

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:40 pm
User Image

Sariel nodded. "If you think that's a good idea," he said. He pulled the flask out of his pocket and took another swig. "So what kind of information are you going to need from me?" he asked and he peered into the flask to check the level of the contents.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:06 pm
User Image

"I'll need you to fill this out." He picked a form out of a drawer and handed it to him. "Also... I'd appreciate you not to do that around the children. I don't care what's in it, I don't want to know, but kids are impressionable... and often times careless. If they see a teacher doing it, they'll use it to say if he can I can." He shrugged. "I don't do this often, Sariel. I'm giving you a rare chance. Please don't prove me to be wrong in doing this."

Even if I come off worse

GrandCreationist
Captain

Desirable Bookworm

8,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • First step to fame 200

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:05 am
User Image

"Oh I'm sure they haven't figured out how to let themselves get drunk yet," Sariel said as he took the paperwork from Az. He set the flask on the desk and picked up a pen. He looked down at the paper and started filling it out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:16 am
User Image

"Still, s'best not to give them ideas." He shook his head. He honestly hoped that this spur of the moment idea wasn't a bad one. He really didn't need Ashtoreth giving him hell because he let this man be a teacher. Maybe he could put him in something he wouldn't have a chance of really hurting... maybe something physical like in the gym.

"Once you're done with that, you're free to do as you like. Classes start this coming Monday." He said quietly before picking up his phone.

-Safe to come on up. - AO-

Even if I come off worse

GrandCreationist
Captain

Desirable Bookworm

8,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • First step to fame 200

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:24 am
User Image

"Oh good. I could use another drink," Sariel said. He continued filling out the paperword. He hoped that Talya would sooner rather than later start believing them. He wanted to try to make things right with this one rather than leaving them alone to fend for themselves like he had in the past.

Amon_Afolayan rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:23 am
User Image Hold it together, birds of a feather,
Nothing but lies and crooked wings.

((Rolling to notice Sariel))
Abaddon didn't notice Sariel as he entered the office. He kind of just sulked his way up to Az's desk.
"What I am about to say may be controversial. You may want to sit down for this. You may even want to get a glass of bourbon first." Abaddon said as he stared at the floor.

I have the answer, spreading the cancer,
You are the faith inside me.

Amon_Afolayan

Romantic Reveler

GrandCreationist
Captain

Desirable Bookworm

8,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:42 am
User Image

"Then it best not be said until Sariel here is done, hm?" He gestured to the other man, filling out his paperwork. "You're certainly not very happy about it. Is it really that horrible?" Az took in the boy's stance, wondering just what he was about to say. He hadn't already gotten Mei pregnant or something like that had he? He could picture himself killing the boy if that were so. They were simply to young for that.

Even if I come off worse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:49 am

"No offense Az... But next time you tell me it is safe to come to your office, I would like that to also mean I don't have an audience. If that is possible..." Abaddon replied as he continued to stare at the floor.

He didn't want to be here but he knew he had to be. Mei meant a lot to him even if he was usually in denial when in public. He had to make this right but he didn't need everyone to hear he did the right thing either.

Amon_Afolayan

Romantic Reveler

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:16 pm
User Image

Sariel looked up from what he was doing. "I'm almost done here. Then I'll be out of your way," he said looking from Abaddon to Az and then back to Abaddon. He quickly looked down at the paperwork to hurry and finish the last couple questions. He quickly scribbled down what was left and then stood up. He held the paperwork out for Az. He set the pen down on the desk and then picked his flask back up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:22 pm
User Image

"I didn't expect you to arrive so quickly. Besides, it could have been one of Mei's friends in here too, I suggest you count your blessings." Az leaned back in his chair. "Ah, thank you, Sariel. I'll see you Monday before classes start." He held his hand out to Sariel and smiled.

Once he was gone he gestured for Abaddon to have a seat. "Please, take a seat and tell me what's so important." He frowned and looked the boy over again. Either it was really bothering him, or he was having trouble containing the mischief.

Even if I come off worse

GrandCreationist
Captain

Desirable Bookworm

8,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • First step to fame 200

Amon_Afolayan

Romantic Reveler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:56 pm

Abaddon took a seat after Sariel left.
"That's the thing. I am her only friend." Abaddon replied, "That is why I am going to come clean. Trust me I know you hate me, but maybe if I explain it to you, you will understand. My mother kidnapped Mei to be my bride, if you didn't realize that, well now you know. When you took her in I was relieved because the pressure was off... For a while. What I did earlier was to get that pressure off of us. My mother wants us to breed so badly she was going to find some way to work around you and make it happen. She said I had until the end of the year to make progress with Mei or she would do something about it to force a marriage. I care about Mei and I don't want that for her. That and selfishly I don't want that for me either. Ashtoreth doesn't understand. What I said earlier was out of desperation and I am sorry. I knew you would react and I wanted you to react to prevent my mother from what she was planning. I just want to be a teenager and date around and find the right person for me no matter who or what they are. My mother can't decide this for me no matter what she thinks. I should have just told you... But I am a demon. I don't always think of the right way to do things. I already apologized to Mei, and no I don't think its enough. I will make it up to her, but I need you to let me be a good friend to her. I am going to try to do things the right way, at least in regards to her. Just please don't tell my mother. So if you are going to shoot me, now would be the time.

He let out a sigh unsure if he should mention he found out how Mei felt about him. He wasn't sure it was something he should be allowed to say, it was her secret.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:43 pm
User Image

"And here I thought your mother put you up to this from the start." Az sighed and rubbed at his temples. "Alright... alright. Just... Okay. So you and Mei aren't together, thank goodness. You've already apologized to her, which honestly, is all I want. Now, instead of hare brained schemes... why don't you tell me what I can do to help you keep this from happening?" Az stood and began to pace.

"I know you think I overreact, that I'm too hard on her, too overbearing. I just worry, Abaddon. I worry that she's not going to live up to her full potential. Mei's a good girl. She's a little unconventional about it, but the heart of the matter is that she's good." He stopped and looked at Abaddon. "So if it helps her to have the life she deserves, then I suppose I'm on your side."

Even if I come off worse

GrandCreationist
Captain

Desirable Bookworm

8,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • First step to fame 200
Campus Grounds -- [[School Starts Promptly at 8 AM]]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items