Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Sorcerer's Academy

Back to Guilds

School for magical creatures and beings. 

Tags: role play, magic, school, supernatural, fantasy 

Reply A Sorcerer's Academy
[Official] >>> Let's Role-Play! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

J a q y u

Captain

Transcendent Manifestation

22,350 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:03 am
(( Meh, I don't have any usage of a car or such. I never go anywhere, and if I do I can just take the bus or train. I get more motion-sick in a car than a bus or train anyhow, not sure I'd like to drive something that makes me feel ill.

ALSO, I'll be gone pretty much all day today 'cause I'm off to Stockholm City. T:
You'll have to manage without me for a while, sorry. <3 ))

User Image

"Ehh... well, the choice is yours of course," Serek tilted his head to follow the movement of the sleepy man.
"With a King's blessings, you can have whatever you want."
"With the joy of a toy, you can do whatever you want."
He grinned a wicked smile.
"So the question is, my dear master; Are you a dog, or are you a man?"
He held Spirit's tired head up as he looked at him with glee in his eyes and a dangerous smile. He whispered softly.
"But don't hurry with your decision, take your time to think. Make sure which way you want to go," he let our a short 'heh' before he continued in an even calmer voice, "Why don't you continue your ponders, in the lands of dreams? Sleep, dear master, and let's think about tomorrow's troubles after we've woken up."
Sand spread itself and Serek carefully pushed Spirit down as he continued to whisper close to his face.
"I'll give you what you want, my master, so try to figure out..."
The sand had made a hole for Spirit to sleep in and he was soon covered by sand as a "blanket".
"Do you bark or talk? Where does your tail wag at? Think about it, in your slumber, and wake up with an answer."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:23 pm
((I'm not sure how to reply to that... //fail
And Also I finally drew Delil. emotion_kirakira To bad my scanner broke along with my computer and programs. //shot dead
http://nekochubbz.deviantart.com/art/Delilah-Springfeild-388230176 ))  

NekoChubbz

NekoChubbz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:04 am
(( o - o It's 7am here (12pm Yumi) and I'm going to the science center with bro and grandparents in the afternoon. Sorry I won't be able to do much ||D
Also, since whats going on with Serek and Spirit is confusing, to a lot of people, and such, I'll just make this a short reply.
Oh, and I think I've heard of Stockholm. Isn't it like a peninsula? I've had family members go there before, I've seen pictures and it's just gorgeous. I think it's close to the mountains too? ))

Spirit started drifting away like a child in the sand.

'Why am I so tired?
Is it something he did to me?
What if he goes on a rampage when I fall into slumber?
And... his offers.
What am I to choose? Or should I take any offer at all?
And, could he really bring them back?
Yet, if he did...'

He thought of his dear Elizabeth. With his eyes still closed he sighed, letting his hot breath move the grains of sand nearby.

'I'm sorry... Elizabeth.'

His eyes watered thinking about the day he lost the two things most dear to him. He dug his fingers into the sand, gripping the minerals in his palm loosely. He couldn't bring them back. If he did so he wouldn't be able to carry on. Having lost them for so long, he won't be able to loose them again, the first was bad enough..

'Just wait for me...'
Spirit was hardly awake, his grip became looser as he had became unconscious.

"I'm coming."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:56 am
NekoChubbz
(( o - o It's 7am here (12pm Yumi) and I'm going to the science center with bro and grandparents in the afternoon. Sorry I won't be able to do much ||D
Also, since whats going on with Serek and Spirit is confusing, to a lot of people, and such, I'll just make this a short reply.
Oh, and I think I've heard of Stockholm. Isn't it like a peninsula? I've had family members go there before, I've seen pictures and it's just gorgeous. I think it's close to the mountains too? ))

(( Ohh.
And I'm trying to get rid of my migraine and feet aching, sadgsd
LOL IT'S CONFUSING TO ME AS WELL. I'll come up with a reply (both from Lochan and Serek) once I can think without worsening my headache.

Yah. Stockholm is Sweden's capital, but I'm not sure how to reply to "close to the mountains". Since Sweden is all forest and mountain. I live in Stockholm myself, but I live outside Stockholm City. In other words, I live on the country side in Stockholm County. In a nameless forest, on top of a mountain. Can you get more country than me, LMAO. |D
I asked mother if Stockholm can be considered close to the mountains, and she said "We have mountain, but that's in the forests like where we live and not in the city". We don't really have giant mountains, and you can't see any mountain while in the city.

Haa. Such a difficult subject.

Here's pictures from Stockholm City, which us Swedes just refer by as "stan" ('city');
1 | 2 | 3 | 4
"Plattan", which is the most popular meet-up place in Stockholm City;
1 | Live-camera
And then we have Old Town, which we call "Gamla Stan" ('old city', it's the old part of Stockholm);
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 ))  

J a q y u

Captain

22,350 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

NekoChubbz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:20 am
((Feel beettttter p:
since migraines are no fun :/

And I know what you mean. I live in St. Louis, which is our main city.
Our capital is however Jefferson city, which is about.. 3 and a half hours away ||D
I live in what it called Florissant city, but it's still St. Louis mainly.
In my opinion, Stockholm looks so much cooler. (Literally xD)
It's so colorful and lovely. c: I've always wanted to go to the UK. And
hey, if I ever do I'll give ya a shout out as to were I'm going and places to check out. xD

The only thing we really have here however, is the St. Louis Arch, and the baseball stadium/hockey arena and lots of retail stores along with Crown Candy which is ALWAYS crowded, and pretzel stands that are really good ^ ^

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |5 | 6

Now, where me and Cuddles are... there's pretty much the same but less.. For instances, Parks everywhereeeeee. That place is actually where my dad used to play ball (there's fields elsewhere, that's just a pond P: )
Nothing really special here but food and home xD
Gotta go soon I think Dx ))  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:24 am
((Number four on the first one on yours, the lion.. Lmao ))  

NekoChubbz

J a q y u

Captain

22,350 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:05 am
(( Mother called 3 times while I attempted to finish writing this. ssdgd ))

User Image

Serek watched the boy until he fell asleep, mumbling in his dream whatever that might be about. Once he had dozed off Serek got up on his feet and looked around. He started scurrying, but not too far as the chain was still knot to Spirit's wrist. It was hard to tell, if it was a habit to always be in a leash. Or if Serek put some kind of trust in Spirit, to make sure he doesn't wander off from his new master's feet, he forced the chain into his hands. There wasn't much more in Serek's room than sand and even more sand. Even if it was a mere illusion, the sand felt real and so did the heat from the burning sun. A weird feeling started building up inside Serek and he wrapped his arms around himself as it began to feel... chilly. He flinched and looked at his one hand, which was turning black from the finger-tips and spreading faster towards the rest of his hand.
"So it wasn't enough?" he mumbled and looked around.
He swept his tail over the ground and the sand begun to create a small wave. It crossed the land and stopped in the middle of the room. The wave grew much bigger for a second before it collapsed and a hole was created in the sand. Dried up masses of grass could be found in that hole. Serek glanced at his hand once more and bit his lower lip as he watched his whole arm had turned black, and while spreading to his wrist the finger-tips begun... to crumble. The ashes of his body fell as gray dust over the sand and he quickly slammed his tail into the ground, making the sand lift the pile of grass above ground and moved it to him. He cocked his head and glared at the "sun" stuck to his roof, forcing it to shine much brighter and hotter. Only for a second, only for a little while, he needed to get the sun's rays on the grass. And a success it was, for the dry grass caught fire while Serek practically threw himself over. To eat. As he ate the scorching flames, the heat dropped back to normal and so did his almost dying hand. Perhaps the rooms were more than just illusions.
After all the fire had been eaten up, Serek licked his mouth and threw a glance at Spirit. He paced back next to his side and watch his sleeping face for a while. The sky changed, and turned into night. Glimmering stars and blue sand. But just like in the real desert, the room turned cold. Much too cold. He crouched and looked at Spirit sleeping though shivering face. He seemed to be cold, he guessed. Serek bent down, close to Spirit's face, and stared at him. Then licked his cheek, once, to "eat up" the single tear that rolled down. He leant back and rested his head in his hand, which was supported by his knee, and kept looking at Spirit.
"Weird guy."
The coat he had borrowed was next to them, which he grabbed and looked at. He copied what Spirit had done and put it over the sleeping guy's shoulders. He then lied down next to Spirit, face-to-face, and snuggled up close to him as he wrapped his tail around the other man. Sharing his heat with him, since he couldn't afford to let him die... he guessed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:17 am
NekoChubbz
((Number four on the first one on yours, the lion.. Lmao ))

(( Lions are an important element of Swedish heraldry, so you see these statues all the time in Sweden especially outside the King's castle. Sometimes even outside people's houses they have lion statues.
This is our Coat of Arms.

And we have parks all over the place in Sweden. You can take a stroll in any forest and suddenly appear at either a park, picnic spot, lakes or ponds, fields (mostly football) etc. |D
Your place is more of a "city" than Stockholm is though. Like you said, we're colourful lmao. There are even some streets in Stockholm City that still have cobblestone and Old Town have nothing but only cobblestone! ))  

J a q y u

Captain

22,350 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

J a q y u

Captain

22,350 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:22 am
User Image

"Then take it off," Lochan said bluntly. He wore no collar but a bowtie, so he could not relate to this "irritation". But if it was bothersome, just take it off was his way of thinking.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:10 am
User Image

Luca scoffed,"Don't you think I've tried. I can't find the key hole or whatever keeps this thing locked. I've given up trying to take it off but it still gets annoying." She disappeared and reappeared on the bench that Lochan was sitting on not too long ago. Luca sighed and without even realizing she added,"I guess I'm not allowing myself to be free since what happened in New Orleans."
((NOTE: I swear on my life that this actually never happened in New Orleans it was just the first place that popped into my mind. I'M SORRY NEW ORLEANS!!))  

Remo Renato

Anxious Cat

9,300 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

NekoChubbz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:53 pm
((Ah, now, I've learned about Coat of Arms. I've even designed my own. It's basically like a flag, correct? But since there are flags over there, what makes these different? My school hasn't taught us hardly anything on the UK D| otl ;;;

[Here's were I brag about me doing something for once in a while] Also, today I went somewhere in town that I've only gone once or twice, called Forest park. It's so lovely there ^ ^ It's all kept clean and everything, and it's like our main tourist site besides downtown where the Arch is. We went to this place called the Science Center, which of course was FILLED with kids EVERYWHERE. o -o;; but, we went to the omnimax, which is like a cinemax(theater), where we watched a short film on Egyptians and mummification. I'm not sure why but that's what they had all the sites on this month. Last time I was there was on a field trip for art, where we learned about Devinchi c: Theeeeeeen we went to the Art Museum which is centuries old, and so beautifullll~ I wish I had my camera on me, but instead I took horrible photos from my phone xD So while I wasn't here to roleplay.. I learned xD //fail.
))  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:12 pm
((Just to be clear, I only bragged about it because it was Egypt, so it reminded me of Sal cause his desert type landscape and the pharaohs
Also... I'm not sure what all to reply //fail ))

Spirit drifted asleep to the chilled 'night' comforted by the warmth the mans body gave (Even though he didn't know about it.)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Alice turned away from Sophia and the boy, ignoring any words directed to her. She walked in a faster pace than usual, needing the distance from her and that room. The girl exited the building into the back, near the garden. Her breathing seemed to become less and less irregular the father she got. Almost speeding up to a jog she heard a familiar voice that caught her attention throughout the bushed. She could smell the cigarette smoke upon that body, weather or not one was lit. A small evilish grin formed underneath her bright reddish yellow eyes.

((I hope you do something with you know who so my plan works. >A>
If not oh well))  

NekoChubbz

J a q y u

Captain

22,350 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:10 am
WARNING - WALL OF TEXT INCOMING:

(( Hoo, this will be difficult to explain, but I guess one must test my teaching-abilities sooner or later.
Now, I haven't read much about Coat of Arms in school either, it's only been mentioned slightly but nothing my teacher wanted to go too much into. So I'll tell you what I know from self-taught.

A Coat of Arms is a unique heraldic^ design, which is different for each individual. Rather than a family, a person would have a Coat of Arms of their own which would be used as identification. Very few countries allowed a whole family to bear the same Coat of Arms. The tradition of Coat of Arms isn't as "popular" today as it back back in the days, but some countries do still keep up the tradition such as England, Scotland and of course Sweden.
Now, a Coat of Arms was used to cover, protect and to identify the wearer. Like I said, it was pretty much your identification back then and still is in few selected countries today.
The Coat of Arms is used on either a shield, surcote*, tabard** or escutcheon***, and a common term was "coat-armour" since it used to be displayed on the front of your coat.

^ Heraldry is hard to explain (read the Wikipedia or something), but the word comes from the Germanic compound harja-waldaz which means "army commander". Heraldry is the profession, art and science of designing and using of Coat of Arms. Your heraldry are your duties and responsibilities of officers of arms which is why knights and nobility had coat of arms. By the end of the Middle Ages, common citizens begun to use Coat of Arms as well, but these were called "burgher arms" as they were worn by commoners and to differ whether they were a member of the nobility or a commoner.

* A surcote is the orange piece of clothing this woman is wearing, and was an outer garment (a sleeveless, long coat that reached to your feet) worn during the Middle Ages - both by men and women. You could compare it with a coat worn above the rest of your clothes.

** A tabard (the red/yellow with a bull on front here or the white clothing in the left image here) was a short coat that was common for men to wear during Middle Ages, and it was normally worn while outdoors. The coat was either sleeveless, short sleeves or wearing shoulder pieces, and could be worn with or without a belt. There were also those with open sides, though this was a more developed form.

*** An escutcheon (this is a bit hard to explain in English, but I'll try) is the shield which forms the main element in an achievement.
If you check the Wikipedia site for escutcheon, there's a picture on the right side and information text below it what each point means.
I really don't know how to explain this part in English while still making sense, it's a rather complicated subject you asked me to explain about in the first place HAHA. ;;;

If you check the Wikipedia for heraldry achievement, you can see on the right side an image showing where what is on the Coat of Arms (such as the motto, the rank, the escutcheon, order, crest etc).

Now, for an example. Let's take the one I showed you previously; Sweden's Coat of Arms.
We have several Coat of Arms - obviously - and when it comes to the one I showed you it's called the "Greater Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of Sweden". We have one called "lesser" which displays our Three Crowns.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Greater", followed by 3 different versions

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Lesser", followed by 1 different version

Now, the Greater Coat of Arms consists a combination of several Coat of Arms. See it as a family tree, so starting from the top we have;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Blason Oscar II de Suède

Blason Oscar II's Coat of Arms consists of three Coat of Arms, those are the following;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Three Crowns - The House of Bjelbo - The House of Bernadotte

The House of Bernadotte consists of two Coat of Arms, the following;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The House of Vasa - Arms of Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte

Arms of Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte is combined with;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Napoleon I

And before you ask;
The Three Crowns ("Tre Kronor") is Sweden's national emblem. Fun fact, to know if something is real gold in Sweden it's marked with the Three Crowns. On a ring, for an instance, it can be found on the inside.
I COULD EXPLAIN THE WHOLE HISTORY ABOUT EACH COAT OF ARMS, BUT I FEEL LIKE I'VE SPAMMED THIS RP ENOUGH WITH A NON-ROLEPLAY-RELATED SUBJECT.

So long story short;
The reason as to why people wore Coat of Arms were because when a knight put on a helmet they would all look the same and you wouldn't know who's who, so by wearing their Coat of Arms you could see who was who and for whom they fought for.
So no, Coat of Arms are not like flags even if flags used vexillology, which is a related study to heraldry. Your Coat of Arms is your identification, such as your rank, family and state.

//TAKES A DEEP BREATH.
))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:55 am
(( Let those sleepy-heads nap.
And fun fact (I love fun facts) - I said Serek has several "forms" (idk what else to call it) and to make more sense here's the list I made;

1st: "Reborn"-form, which is before he gets his powers back. No horns nor tail.
2nd: "Human"-form, starts at age 5 when his horns and tail grows out and he's gotten some of his powers back. But he's still half-human and not of "mature age" just yet. Has shorter and smoother horns, and the flame on his tail is quite fierce.
3rd: "Demon"-form, aka his "true form" with his full powers back. This is the form he used when he burnt the school down last year. His horns are thicker and more scaled (this is how I've drawn them in my art of him), his tail's flame is softer and more calm. Its movement reminds of a belly-dancer. He can sprout red bat-like wings and now also control sand. His fire-powers are stronger to the point that he can create magma. This is when he's considered "overpower". His personality changes and he's more mature and calm. As well more sensual. He still has some of the childish part still inside of him though and likes to tease.
4th: "Pharaoh"-form, his final stage when he has trained and taken over the throne. His personality has completely changed, he really acts like an adult now (even if his body's age has stopped in its early 20s') and is very quiet as well serious. He's calm, kind-hearted, soft and more erotic than before. Every moment he does is like he's trying to swoon you over, so if you thought he was "flirty" now...
He has now full control of his powers; He can overheat a person, make their blood literally boil by a single touch. Same thing about touch, he can dry a person out until there's not a single drop of water left. Pretty much high-speed mummification. He can also create electricity, though he uses it rarely as it takes a toll on his body.
5th: "Berserk"-form. This one is VERY rare form, he turns into a complete pitch-black, slim creature that somewhat reminds of a humanoid salamander. His eyes are two big, bright dots and his mouth is ragged (also ååååbright). It's name is because he only turns into it when he gets REALLY pissed off. More than usual. Before he's the Pharaoh, he has no control of this power and it only happens perhaps once or twice. When he's the Pharaoh, he has complete control and when someone hurts his people he transforms into it for a short moment but long enough to scare the living hell out of the culprit.
Though it's a scary form few lives to see, it's actually a reminder that this is his real shape and that he is in fact a monster.

When Serek is reborn, he is born as a "human" with no powers and no reptile-features.
He gets his powers back when he turns 5, and his horns and tail will grow out the moment he does.
He still has blond hair until he's a teenager (around 13-14). That's the age when he begins to "mature" and his full powers will return to him. His hair will be completely red but will fade to blond again when it's time for the sacrifice. When he turns 20, he can transform into his "demon form" completely and the sacrifice is no longer necessary as often as before. The sacrifice is simply to keep him bound to Earth, it's part of the contract. His body will begin to crumble and turn to ashes when it's time for the sacrifice or when he's taken too much damage, since he's low of energy. When he's turned completely to ashes, he needs some kind of heat - fire or burning coal - to "revive" before the Djinn appears to collect his ashes and take him back to his world. He can't use his own fire (that's practically spitting in a cup and drink your own saliva to clench your thirst - not very effective), it needs to be someone else's or created naturally.

Just thought I'd share since you mentioned mummification, so I wanted to tell you about his Pharaoh-form lmao. ))  

J a q y u

Captain

22,350 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

J a q y u

Captain

22,350 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:17 am
User Image

"Huh," Lochan said with a very disinterested tone. Whether intended or not. Probably not intended, since it was his normal tone, but that didn't mean he was particularly interested either. For all Luca knew, he might just as well know everything already. If he was interested, all he had to do was go to the time and place it happened and look - but he liked listening to stories more than watching them. Which is why he'd rather suggest a novel than a movie to an upset youngster.
He scratched the back of his head and though he noticed the footsteps of someone he had met before not far from them, watching them, he showed no reaction nor care.

(( Lochan's point-of-view (the way he sees the world through his eyes) is like a giant empty dimension with a glass floor. I explained this slightly before when he found Ash's room. He sees everyone as footsteps appearing of the glass floor and he can see who's who. They're all different in his eyes, like fingerprints but footsteps instead. So whether you're hiding or not, he can still see your presence. And if he steps on your footsteps, your whole life - past, present and future - appears before him like giant screens. He himself though, leaves no footsteps, for he has no actual existence nor a past. He can't look into his own future either, he can only assume from looking at his master's future. So the only person Lochan can't read, is himself. He's just a big question-mark, and that's what worries his master the most. ))  
A Sorcerer's Academy

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff