Welcome to Gaia! ::

The NFL Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the game. 

Tags: National Football League, Football, Pigskin, American, Sports 

Reply The NFL Guild
All Season We've Waited, Now the PLAYOFFS are HERE!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:59 pm
The NFL regular season has come to an end, for 20 teams it is time to prepare for 2013, but for 12 teams the season continues as they all fight for a shot at a Superbowl Championship! The Final 12 are:

AFC:
1. Denver Broncos
2. New England Patriots
3. Houston Texans
4. Baltimore Ravens
5. Indianapolis Colts
6. Cincinnati Bengals

NFC:
1. Atlanta Falcons
2. San Francisco 49ers
3. Green Bay Packers
4. Washington Redskins
5. Seattle Seahawks
6. Minnesota Vikings

Stories that stood out as the regular season came to a close.

1. Collapse of the Texans- Through most of the Regular season the Houston Texans stood on top as the #1 team in the AFC, but having lost 3 of their last 4 they fell not only out of the #1 spot, but they won't even be getting a first round bye. They will be instead hosting a Bengals team going in hot after a 3 game winning streak. Not too long ago they were thee team to beat in the AFC, What a disappointment if they fail to make a long run in the playoffs.

2. Wild Card Weekend- More often than not the home teams will be the favorites against their wild card opponents. This year however there might not be a single home team in the opening round that will be considered a favorite. As mentioned above the Texans will host a hot Bengals team. And the Ravens, who lost 4 of 5 to finish the season will host a Colts team that rallied behind the cancer fight of beloved head coach Chuck Pagano. ON the NFC side The Washington Redskins will host arguably the most dangerous team going into the playoffs in the Seattle Seahawks, and the Green Bay Packers will jump into an immediate rematch with a Vikings team that beat them to clinch a playoff spot. How wild would wild card weekend be if all the wild card teams beat the division champs to move on? Looking at this line up I think it is a likely possibility.

LET THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:33 pm
I originally said 49ers over Texans in the Superbowl, now I'm saying 49ers over Broncos in the Superbowl. Let's see if I'm right on either one.  

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:10 am
Silver Ace Revolver
I originally said 49ers over Texans in the Superbowl, now I'm saying 49ers over Broncos in the Superbowl. Let's see if I'm right on either one.

I think the 49ers really need this first round bye. Back to back road games against tough New England and Seattle sent the 49ers nearly limping into the playoffs. If they failed to get that first round bye I think their stock would drop. But with a chance to get healthy, they are in my opinion one of the top competitors on the NFC side.

For the Broncos, despite an 11 game winning streak to finish the season, they had a pretty easy schedule. Against playoff caliber teams they were 2-3. They have the talent to win it all, but personally, and I mean no disrespect to the Broncos, but I think this team isn't quite as good as their record indicates. We shall see if they can prove me wrong.

All in all, GO 49ERS!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:53 am
This year its gonna be Bengals/Vikings

SKOL!  

greenmage420

Dangerous Citizen

7,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:27 pm
Cookie Icer
Silver Ace Revolver

I think the 49ers really need this first round bye. Back to back road games against tough New England and Seattle sent the 49ers nearly limping into the playoffs. If they failed to get that first round bye I think their stock would drop. But with a chance to get healthy, they are in my opinion one of the top competitors on the NFC side.

For the Broncos, despite an 11 game winning streak to finish the season, they had a pretty easy schedule. Against playoff caliber teams they were 2-3. They have the talent to win it all, but personally, and I mean no disrespect to the Broncos, but I think this team isn't quite as good as their record indicates. We shall see if they can prove me wrong.

All in all, GO 49ERS!!!

So, with all that said, who do YOU think is reaching the Super Bowl?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:56 am
Silver Ace Revolver

So, with all that said, who do YOU think is reaching the Super Bowl?

My pre-season prediction was San Francisco over the Denver Broncos. And I see no reason to back out of my prediction now.

49ERS 31 DENVER 27

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

Falcon IV

Duck

12,825 Points
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:43 pm
Before week one my suberbowl prediction was Ravens 28 Packers 24 but since then obviously webb got hurt so now I think New england 31 Atlanta 23

Cin vs Hou - Cin vs Den - NE vs DEN
Ind vs Bal - Bal vs NE

Min vs GB - GB vs SF - SF vs Atl
Sea vs Was - Was vs Atl  
The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out